Author Topic: Report: Fox News Political Editor Chris Stirewalt Laid Off Amid Restructuring  (Read 1220 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Fox News Political Editor Chris Stirewalt Laid Off Amid Restructuring

Joshua Caplan 19 Jan 2021

Fox News political editor Chris Stirewalt was laid off Tuesday as the company restructures itself heading into the Biden administration, according to a report.

Per The Hollywood Reporter:

Fox News Digital is laying off staff, as a continuation of restructuring plans the company first announced last fall. The new cuts also reflect a news cycle that may be less intense in the aftermath of the election, and with Joe Biden set to take office tomorrow. […] Among those let go Tuesday was Chris Stirewalt, the politics editor for Fox News. A 10-year veteran of the company, Stirewalt was also a key member of the Fox News decision desk, which drew the ire of President Trump after becoming the first network to call Arizona for Biden.

In addition to Stirewalt, approximately 20 other Fox News employees are believed to have been impacted by the restructuring.

This story is developing. Check Breitbart News for updates.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2021/01/19/report-fox-news-political-editor-chris-stirewalt-laid-off-amid-restructuring/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
When you are shedding viewers as fast as a fat girl gobbles up ribs at the all you can eat buffet, you got to cut the wait staff.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

BassWrangler

Hopefully signs of further layoffs. I'd like to see Chris Wallace go next.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hopefully signs of further layoffs. I'd like to see Chris Wallace go next.

He really needs to be at his fathers old network where he would feel at home.

BassWrangler

He really needs to be at his fathers old network where he would feel at home.

Or working behind the counter at a Burger King.

Offline Wingnut

Or working behind the counter at a Burger King.

I can hear his investigative questions.  "Would you like fries with that?"

Offline roamer_1

Ah. The board of directors must have got the numbers...

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

You'll see them ousting Hannity and Carlson pretty soon.  Their days as conservative radio talk show hosts are numbered.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

BassWrangler

I can hear his investigative questions.  "Would you like fries with that?"

LOL. I'd pay money to see that.

BassWrangler

You'll see them ousting Hannity and Carlson pretty soon.  Their days as conservative radio talk show hosts are numbered.

No way they oust Tucker. He hosts their best rated show, IIRC. If he leaves it'll be on his own terms.

Offline roamer_1

LOL. I'd pay money to see that.

Yeah.. about ten bucks  :laugh:

Offline mountaineer

Had to revive this thread, as something brought Stirewalt to my mind. As I've mentioned, I worked with him when he was barely out of college (his third college, but who's counting), and he was just an awful news reporter and writer (my editor assigned me to to rewrite, correct and try to make some sense of his pieces). But he was a silver spoon schmoozer, and that's how he somehow ended up at FOX. Did a little googling and found this:
Ex-Fox News Editor Recalls ‘Humiliation’ of Being Fired Over Election Night
‘VERY CHALLENGING’ - A new documentary traces the transformation of Fox News into a Trump propaganda outlet, featuring commentary from former stars like Chris Stirewalt and Gretchen Carlson.
Justin Baragona, Media Reporter
Updated Aug. 23, 2021 6:09PM ET

Former Fox News political editor Chris Stirewalt recounted the “terrible feeling of humiliation” over getting fired by the network after he defended the Fox News decision desk’s early but accurate election night call for President Joe Biden to win Arizona, adding that it was “very challenging” to tell his kids he was suddenly kicked to the curb.

Stirewalt was among several former Fox News employees to speak with Australia’s ABC TV for a multi-episode documentary about Fox’s evolution into a propaganda outlet for former President Donald Trump. In part one, which first aired Monday, a number of Fox insiders, including Stirewalt, linked the fall of disgraced Fox News CEO Roger Ailes to the rise of Trump on Fox.

Suggesting that Ailes was the only one who could rein in the network’s top stars and enforce a consistent code of on-air conduct, Stirewalt said that once Ailes was fired over multiple sexual misconduct allegations in the summer of 2016, the network quickly went full-tilt for Trump.

“Trump was a dangerous entity, and no one could control him,” he said. “The company went through a rebranding several months later. And we were stunned to see that the phrase ‘Fair and Balanced,’ which had been our core, had been removed.”  ...

Asked by ABC TV host Sarah Ferguson if any superior asked him to change the projection after the fact, Stirewalt said the decision desk “received no instruction to reverse the call” but did say “there was a lot of questions” over whether they were sure they made an accurate call.

“Wasn't there an executive who said that you should stop making calls?” Ferguson followed up.

“I'm not gonna talk about that stuff,” Stirewalt curtly replied. ...
Daily Beast
Looks like he landed on his feet with The Dispatch, a Jonah Goldberg production. Wow, do they ever deserve one another.
What's that word? Schadenfreude? Yes, that's the one.  :silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

BassWrangler

I forgot all about this thread. I got my wish re: Chris Wallace! Well, not the one about him working behind the counter at Burger King, but surely CNN's streaming service is a close second.

Offline Wingnut

I forgot all about this thread. I got my wish re: Chris Wallace! Well, not the one about him working behind the counter at Burger King, but surely CNN's streaming service is a close second.

Amen