Author Topic: McConnell keeps GOP guessing on Trump impeachment  (Read 500 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell keeps GOP guessing on Trump impeachment
« on: January 20, 2021, 12:09:42 am »
By Jordain Carney - 01/19/21 06:52 PM EST

Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is keeping colleagues guessing on his endgame for the upcoming impeachment trial, as Republicans weigh whether to convict President Trump over the deadly Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

The looming trial — the exact start of which remains unknown — is the biggest test to date of Trump’s relationship with Senate Republicans, threatening not only to splinter the caucus but also provide potential primary fodder for future election cycles.

McConnell recently sent a letter to GOP senators that left the door open to convicting Trump after the House last week passed one article of impeachment accusing the president of "willfully inciting violence against the Government of the United States." Beyond that, Senate Republicans say they’ve received few signs from McConnell about where he’ll ultimately come down on the issue.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/534920-mcconnell-keeps-gop-guessing-on-trump-impeachment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: McConnell keeps GOP guessing on Trump impeachment
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 01:02:43 am »

Senate GOP Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is keeping colleagues guessing on his endgame for the upcoming impeachment trial, as Republicans weigh whether to convict President Trump over the deadly Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

The looming trial — the exact start of which remains unknown — is the biggest test to date of Trump’s relationship with Senate Republicans, threatening not only to splinter the caucus but also provide potential primary fodder for future election cycles.

McConnell recently sent a letter to GOP senators that left the door open to convicting Trump after the House last week passed one article of impeachment accusing the president of "willfully inciting violence against the Government of the United States." Beyond that, Senate Republicans say they’ve received few signs from McConnell about where he’ll ultimately come down on the issue.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/534920-mcconnell-keeps-gop-guessing-on-trump-impeachment

The relationship between Trump and the GOP ends tomorrow. 

IMHO because Mitch has come out and verbally stated that Trump willfully incited violence I think indicates that he/they have every intention of impeaching him even after he leaves office.

I've read reports that justice Roberts wants no part of it.

The SCOTUS has become incompetent.  My hunch is those that Trump placed on the bench will be dismissed and replaced.  Roberts wants to keep his seat, so he'll just look away.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 01:50:02 am »
The relationship between Trump and the GOP ends tomorrow. 

IMHO because Mitch has come out and verbally stated that Trump willfully incited violence I think indicates that he/they have every intention of impeaching him even after he leaves office.

I've read reports that justice Roberts wants no part of it.

The SCOTUS has become incompetent.  My hunch is those that Trump placed on the bench will be dismissed and replaced.  Roberts wants to keep his seat, so he'll just look away.

Roberts the turncoat has no choice, he must preside.  There was a SCOTUS decision back in the 90's that specifies, it must be the Chief Justice, and nobody else.  Not an Associate Justice, and not a President of the Senate.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2021, 02:02:07 am »
Roberts the turncoat has no choice, he must preside.  There was a SCOTUS decision back in the 90's that specifies, it must be the Chief Justice, and nobody else.  Not an Associate Justice, and not a President of the Senate.

That was back though when the rule of law actually meant something.  Just sayin'.

I honestly don't know what to think anymore. 

SCOTUS not even bothering to hear the election case hit me like a ton of bricks.

The latest with McConnell, Pence, and McCarthy, kind of threw me as well, though I should have expected as much really, BUT you would think that out of respect for Trump who helped them all politically they'd at least bid him farewell.   888mouth
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 02:25:24 am »
That was back though when the rule of law actually meant something.  Just sayin'.

I honestly don't know what to think anymore. 

SCOTUS not even bothering to hear the election case hit me like a ton of bricks.

The latest with McConnell, Pence, and McCarthy, kind of threw me as well, though I should have expected as much really, BUT you would think that out of respect for Trump who helped them all politically they'd at least bid him farewell.   888mouth

If you want a friend in DeeCee, buy a dog.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 04:08:02 am »

more
Kentucky needs to recall McConnell.  He needs to be removed.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2021, 04:15:33 am »
Democrats will now rule as dictators and they have McConnell on a leash like a dog.  McConnell's future is whoever has his hands on McConnell's leash.  McConnell looked scared for a while, apparently his democrat master petted and calmed him.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions