Author Topic: GOP Establishment Threatens President Trump with Impeachment Unless He Denies Election Fraud  (Read 353 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP Establishment Threatens President Trump with Impeachment Unless He Denies Election Fraud

Karl Rove is issuing the threat.

Published 12 hours ago

on Jan 17, 2021

By Shane Trejo

Republican Party establishment strategist Karl Rove is informing President Donald Trump that he will likely be impeached unless he stops talking about electoral fraud.

Rove is trying to use the president’s precarious position following the Jan. 6 storming of the U.S. Capitol to pressure him into folding. He appeared on “Fox News Sunday” with Chris Wallace to deliver the threat.

Wallace asked: “Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell says that he is keeping an open mind about the second impeachment trial of Donald Trump, a big difference, sharp difference, from his clear opposition from the very start of the first impeachment trial just a year ago. What do you think, Karl, are the chances that 17 Senate Republicans, and that’s what it would take if all of the Democrats vote for conviction, 17 Senate Republicans would vote to convict Donald Trump and to keep them from running again?”

Rove responded: “Normally we say not much chance, but I think Leader McConnell’s statement is a sign that every Republican Senator needs to take this seriously. I think it’s all going to boil down what’s the president’s defense. Rudy Giuliani charted a very bad course for the president in the morning papers when he suggested that the argument was going to be in there couldn’t have been incitement because all the charges of widespread voter fraud are true. Well, those charges and the so-called experts that the campaign has mustered to advocate them have been rejected by over 50 courts with judges appointed by President Trump, President Obama, Present Bush, President Clinton, and I think even one Reagan justice. So if it’s the Rudy Giuliani defense, there is a strong likelihood that more than 17 Republicans will because essentially that argument is this was justified, the attack on the Capital and the attempt to end the congressional hearing on certifying the election was justified because all these charges are true and frankly they aren’t. They have been given every opportunity to prove them in a court of law and have failed to do so. I think it really boils down to what’s the defense that the president is going to make, and if it is Rudy Giuliani’s defense, I think it raises the likelihood of more than 17 Republicans voting for conviction.”

more
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/gop-establishment-threatens-president-trump-with-impeachment-unless-he-denies-election-fraud/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Has the issue and point that "can an ex-president be convicted" even played out?

Any defections by Senatorial GOP toward conviction will be viewed as an act of war.  Only thing worse than enemies, is traitors. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

They sure seem desperate. They won the White House - why not just leave it alone at that? Why force everyone to kiss the ring?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
They sure seem desperate. They won the White House - why not just leave it alone at that? Why force everyone to kiss the ring?

Flushing us out like Quail.... 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Threatening the President while in office with a demand to forfeit his rights to free speech!  Yes this is the beginnings of a totalitarian rule, utopia of fools is indeed here !
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline libertybele

So ... it's Monday....have the articles of impeachment been delivered to the Senate yet?   Wednesday is Sloe Joe's swearing in. 

RINO's are too stupid to realize that the DEMS have their numbers and it's just a matter of time before they unseat them.

The GOP is dead.  Who in the heck are they trying to fool?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
(I'm usually quite a reserved guy, who doesn't smoke, drink, or swear, but...)
Hey, Karl...

BassWrangler

(I'm usually quite a reserved guy, who doesn't smoke, drink, or swear, but...)
Hey, Karl...

My sentiments exactly. Rove can go pound sand.