Author Topic: Today's Toons 1/18/21  (Read 3680 times)

Online pookie18

Today's Toons 1/18/21
« on: January 18, 2021, 11:12:46 am »

Click below for related story:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letters C & L:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

New York City replaced Christmas Eve with Dr. Fauci Day Thursday. I give up. The scientific community that says you can wipe out a virus by allowing the government to control your behavior is the same scientific community that tells you a man can become a woman by changing his pronouns.

The House of Representatives was called to order in a new session Monday under Pelosi's new extremely politically correct communication rules. It'll take a while to seem normal. Starting on Monday, the waiters in the House dining room began offering you a choice, the menu or the womenu.

The CDC scolded Americans who jammed the airports to fly away and get together with family or friends for the holidays. Californians have had enough. Who would have thought that someday people would be smoking pot at family gatherings and the illegal part would be the family gatherings?

Congress faces hot pressure to vote on the two-thousand-dollar relief checks as vandals sacked Mitch McConnell's yard in Kentucky and in San Francisco they smeared pig guts on Nancy Pelosi's house. Nancy immediately injected it into a wrinkle to see if it helps. The pig guts quickly rejected her.

President Trump got an unexpected surprise in the Gallup Poll annual Most Admired Man in America survey last week. In the annual nationwide survey, Trump dethroned Barack Obama as the Most Admired Man in America, pending the mail-in questionnaires still being counted, of course.

The Daily Mail outed Alec Baldwin's wife Hilaria for pretending to be Spanish in public when in fact she's a wealthy white Boston preppie. I see why she did it. Alec Baldwin did such terrific job of impersonating Trump, his wife had to impersonate an immigrant in order to maintain appearances.

Georgia's dual U.S. Senate elections Tuesday gave the nation a nice one-day break from media obsession with the Covid tally. The previous day, CNN reported we set a new 24-hour corona virus record here in Los Angeles. Imagine, five hundred and thirty-six votes for Joe Biden in one day.

California Governor Gavin Newsom last week extended the state's lockdown order keeping up the ban on non-essential travel. Yesterday I asked Alexa to please give me the weekend weather forecast here in Southern California. Alexa answered why, where the hell do you think you're going?

Alec Baldwin's wife Hilaria was outed Monday for impersonating a Spanish immigrant for years. She's actually named Hillary Hayward-Thomas from an upper class WASP Boston family. Hilaria is not only sticking to her story that she's Spanish, she insists that you call her Dr. Baldwin.

President Trump was removed from social media sites Thursday in the wake of the riots. So let me get this straight, the President of the United States is not allowed on Twitter or Facebook, but he has the nuclear codes. When this country was ruled by a mad English King, it was a perfect match.

The U.S. Capitol incursion ended in six dozens arrests Thursday on charges that could include insurrection and sedition. Many are saying the rioters were led not by Trump supporters but by members of BLM and Antifa, but I disagree. No one came out of the Capitol carrying a flat screen TV.

President Trump was removed on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram Wednesday, leaving him defenseless against millions of social media critics. They called for his head on every post. After all, it's a new year and suddenly all the Covid experts on Facebook are Sedition Act of 1798 scholars.

-- Argus Hamilton

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Today's Toons 1/18/21
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 11:55:59 am »
Thanks, pookie!

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online pookie18

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 12:16:39 pm »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, Smokin Joe!

Offline verga

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 12:28:40 pm »
Thank you Pookie
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online pookie18

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2021, 12:34:46 pm »
Thank you Pookie

My pleasure, Verga!

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2021, 01:51:10 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online pookie18

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 01:52:38 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.

You're welcome, Polly Ticks!