Author Topic: Arrests Connected to the Capitol Hill Protest Are Creating a Procedural Mess As Reflected by the Med  (Read 199 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Arrests Connected to the Capitol Hill Protest Are Creating a Procedural Mess As Reflected by the Media's Coverage
By Shipwreckedcrew | Jan 16, 2021 4:45 PM ET

Across the internet and social media I’m reading a variety of stories about how the Justice Department and the Courts are managing the process of arresting dozens — maybe a hundred or more — persons being charged in connection with protesters storming the Capitol on January 6.   Let me clear up some confusion on the process and how things are playing out in the initial proceedings which are happening in courts all across the country — and that is the first issue everyone needs to understand about what is taking place.

The US Attorney’s Office in the District of Columbia has jurisdictional responsibility for prosecution of the criminal acts that took place in the Capitol.  Special Agents from the FBI, Department of Homeland Security, and other federal agencies with authority to investigate these types of crimes have been conducting hundreds — maybe thousands — of interviews, and reviewing videotape from thousands of security cameras in the Capitol and around DC, as well as any citizen-captured video that has been posted online.

All of that evidence is being processed and reviewed in a manner coordinated by Assistant US Attorneys in the District of Columbia US Attorney’s Office. Where supported by the evidence, agents are drafting affidavits and prosecutors are filing criminal complaints to obtain arrest warrants for individuals connected to their actions. Given the sheer numbers involved, I would guess that a dozen or more prosecutors are working on cases connected to the January 6 protests and nothing else.

more
https://redstate.com/shipwreckedcrew/2021/01/16/arresting-persons-charged-with-capitol-hill-protest-crimes-is-creating-a-bit-of-a-mess-reflected-by-the-medias-coverage-n311064
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34