Author Topic: What Do We Do with a Pretend President?  (Read 702 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What Do We Do with a Pretend President?
« on: January 17, 2021, 03:02:00 pm »
January 17, 2021
What Do We Do with a Pretend President?
By Donald N. Finley

I was struck by David Atwood's "The Right will Neither Forgive nor Forget."  It struck close to home because I'm a boycotter.  It takes a lot to get me to such a point, but if someone goes through the effort to do so, it sets in hard and deep.

I've never been an NFL fan.  I played baseball.  But I knew I was in the minority, so I watched the Super Bowl every year and tried to be somewhat conversant in the game highlights I'd watch on the news.  Many of my friends were rabid fans and would have weekend get-togethers to watch a game.  This was throughout most of my adulthood and working career in the Air Force.  Then Colin Kaepernick came along and disrespected my flag, and the NFL let him get away with it.  And then a clothing brand built an advertising campaign around him, paying him to disrespect my flag.  I no longer watch the Super Bowl, or the game highlights, and I never buy that brand of clothing.  There's also a pizza chain, an American auto maker, and one food company I boycott.  That was it.  Until now.

Atwood's characterizations of the latest Democrat shenanigans brought back a thought I had long ago forgotten.  "All politics is local."  Tip O'Neill said that.  To college-aged me, that meant that what happens in Washington, D.C. should not have much impact on my life.  Local politics was far more important.  But then I entered the military, and what happened in Washington, D.C. touched my life every day.  Over the years, my military life and family life merged so much that I lost that thought.  I didn't make the connection when gas prices skyrocketed, when a friend was thrilled to get an 8% mortgage, when almost everyone I knew lost nearly 50% of his home's values, or I drove by abandoned houses in my neighborhood on my way to work.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/01/what_do_we_do_with_a_pretend_president.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34