Author Topic: Gen. Milley key to military continuity as Biden takes office  (Read 205 times)

rangerrebew

Gen. Milley key to military continuity as Biden takes office
« on: January 18, 2021, 11:01:12 am »
Gen. Milley key to military continuity as Biden takes office

By Associated Press

Published: 07:36 EST, 17 January 2021 | Updated: 08:42 EST, 17 January 2021

WASHINGTON (AP) - In taking charge of a Pentagon battered by leadership churn, the Biden administration will look to one holdover as a source of military continuity: Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

President-elect Joe Biden will inherit Milley as his senior military adviser, and although Biden could replace Milley, he likely won't.

A Princeton-educated history buff with the gift of gab, Milley has been a staunch defender of the military´s apolitical tradition even as President Donald Trump packed the Pentagon with political loyalists. Milley reassured Congress that the military would stay out of the elections and, in no uncertain terms, told troops that the Capitol riot was an act of sedition. Last summer, he put his own job on the line by apologizing for being part of the entourage that accompanied Trump to a photo-op outside a church near the White House after peaceful protesters were forcibly removed from the area.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-9156759/Gen-Milley-key-military-continuity-Biden-takes-office.html

rangerrebew

Re: Gen. Milley key to military continuity as Biden takes office
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 11:07:02 am »
CONTINUITY?  What is that supposed to mean?  That the military will follow him and ignore everything as the country devolves into communism?  That he will order spies for the democrats at every installation in the military?  That he will (has) started politicizing the military by making comments on line?  I used to be a pretty big fan of his but his actions in the past week or two leave me cold and fearful of what the military is becoming:  a PC, quasi 4th branch of government. :thud:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 11:07:52 am by rangerrebew »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 02:19:11 pm »
I guess this sorta makes sense,even though I didn't know that Miley Curus was a General. Kinda makes sense when you think about it,though. It sure explains a lot.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 03:47:18 pm »
I guess this sorta makes sense,even though I didn't know that Miley Curus was a General. Kinda makes sense when you think about it,though. It sure explains a lot.

She has been secretly training a new division, the twerking division, to take on all armies that don't believe in pop music. They start twerking and it mystifies the enemy into submission. :dancer: