Author Topic: Fox News reportedly considering top executive firings over their post-election ratings collapse  (Read 321 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 16, 2021
Fox News reportedly considering top executive firings over their post-election ratings collapse
By Thomas Lifson

If Fox News wants to restore its cable news ratings dominance, changes will have to be visible far lower in its organization than what is being reported.

Though I was angry over its election night coverage and have been dismayed at the behavior of a number of its on-air personalities, I take no joy in the ratings crisis that seems to be engulfing Fox News. For all its faults, its reach, resources, and stable of outstanding talent like Tucker Carlson make it an essential voice in a nation whose media scene is getting scarier by the day. There is no doubt in my mind that if FNC disappeared or lost its cable system distribution, as at least one of its rivals seems to be advocating, conservatism would be in a much weaker position.

Yesterday, The Daily Beast published an article with four authors, one of them a departed FNC staffer who charged sexual harassment and settled for an undisclosed sum, claiming:

Amid ongoing ratings struggles, Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott and President Jay Wallace are fighting for their jobs as their boss Rupert Murdoch has swooped in to take a more hands-on role at the network in recent days, multiple network insiders told The Daily Beast.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/01/fox_news_reportedly_considering_top_executive_firings_over_their_postelection_ratings_collapse.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There is nothing Rupert can do to save Fox News.  Anything he does will be very temporary, and bringing the jilted viewers back may be impossible.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DB

Wasn't it his sons who put all this in motion?

They were certain they knew better than dad that their network needed to go woke.

Cox cable in the Phoenix area just added News Max to the line up. My 85 year old mother now has that on most the day instead of Fox.