Author Topic: Americans Supposedly Just Voted for Only Electric Vehicles  (Read 2574 times)

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Americans Supposedly Just Voted for Only Electric Vehicles
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2021, 11:43:48 pm »
I will *never* pay that kind of money for electricity.
Well his son brought his wife and baby dropping in to live with them in a small three bedroom one bath home and the DIL stayed in her her room blowing the AC on max and lots of power sucked out by electronics. After my SIL got his son into the union and training classes it was just one more time of use daddy for 8 mos getting established then he went right back to Ohio. Good things came out of it, my daughter got her office back, utility bills dropped like a rock and my grandson learned what a douche his half brother is. I don't think my SIL will let his first son disrupt his family ever again.
But back to your point, when you are dependent on SoCal Edison you are up shit creek without a paddle. Last summer they had many days a good deal hotter than a 105 deg. Now if you live in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico that may be expected and normal, not to me in OC.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2021, 11:57:06 pm »
I want to start a reality TV show that 100% focuses on customer reactions when they find out their EV or Hybrid needs a new battery.
Nissan Leaf approx $5K plus labor

Prius $2200 - $4100 plus labor

Tesla $5.5K to $7.5k depending on model, probably plus labor.

These are dollar amounts that people often decide to get rid of the vehicle instead of making the investment if a gas or diesel car.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2021, 12:09:37 am »
catfish wrote:
"FDR was also the inventor of the U.S 94% income tax bracket too. He was freakin' evil."

There was a large number of [underground] communists in his administration, including his vice president for a while (Henry Wallace).

When the powers-that-be realized that FDR wouldn't survive his fourth term, Wallace was dropped in favor of someone who wasn't communist -- Harry Truman.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2021, 12:27:39 am »
Well his son brought his wife and baby dropping in to live with them in a small three bedroom one bath home and the DIL stayed in her her room blowing the AC on max and lots of power sucked out by electronics. After my SIL got his son into the union and training classes it was just one more time of use daddy for 8 mos getting established then he went right back to Ohio. Good things came out of it, my daughter got her office back, utility bills dropped like a rock and my grandson learned what a douche his half brother is. I don't think my SIL will let his first son disrupt his family ever again.

Silver linings...  :laugh:

But back to your point, when you are dependent on SoCal Edison you are up shit creek without a paddle. Last summer they had many days a good deal hotter than a 105 deg. Now if you live in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico that may be expected and normal, not to me in OC.

There's your problem right there. No offense meant, but at that kinda money, I wouldn't be there anymore. Or I would figger how to get them off my neck.

It's getting crazy even here - Getting out of town will help a ton, but if I had my druthers I would be way up on the Yaak, or up in the Priest River country over in Idaho... Waaaay up on a two track where nobody but God ever goes.

It's truly amazing what a guy can live on once you step off the hamster wheel. I live on less a month than I used to spend on coffee and lunches. And up there, even less. Way less.

It's a hard way, it seems... But once you are there, no more dependence... And that to me is the meaning of 'breathing free'. Drowning under state regs, county regs, city regs, HO regs, Boss's rules, Neighbor's drama - I could never do that. And pay through the nose for the 'privilege'.  :shrug:

Nope.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2021, 05:12:56 am »
Silver linings...  :laugh:

There's your problem right there. No offense meant, but at that kinda money, I wouldn't be there anymore. Or I would figger how to get them off my neck.

It's getting crazy even here - Getting out of town will help a ton, but if I had my druthers I would be way up on the Yaak, or up in the Priest River country over in Idaho... Waaaay up on a two track where nobody but God ever goes.

It's truly amazing what a guy can live on once you step off the hamster wheel. I live on less a month than I used to spend on coffee and lunches. And up there, even less. Way less.

It's a hard way, it seems... But once you are there, no more dependence... And that to me is the meaning of 'breathing free'. Drowning under state regs, county regs, city regs, HO regs, Boss's rules, Neighbor's drama - I could never do that. And pay through the nose for the 'privilege'.  :shrug:

Nope.
Hey if my daughter and SIL moved out of Cali I'd be after them ASAP after my mothers passed, might still have some trouble with the wife over my son and DIL but mostly over our grandaughters but hell my cbatshit liberal son and his wife make it really painful the few time we get to see them. Big problem is my SIL family is super tight knit and I don't he'll go far from them.  :shrug: what ya gonna do, can't leave the kids and keep the marriage.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2021, 09:22:11 am »
I want to start a reality TV show that 100% focuses on customer reactions when they find out their EV or Hybrid needs a new battery.
I wonder what the "new" disposal problem is going to bring. If the batteries are not recyclable, that's going to be a mess. Landfill space outside Casper Wyoming is being taken up with retired windmill blades, now.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2021, 12:07:16 pm »
The Afterlife of Electric Vehicles: Battery Recycling and Repurposing

IER May 6, 2019

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/renewable/the-afterlife-of-electric-vehicles-battery-recycling-and-repurposing/

By 2040, more than half of new-car sales and a third of the global fleet—equal to 559 million vehicles—is projected to be electric. This poses serious challenges. Electric vehicle batteries typically must be replaced every seven to 10 years for smaller vehicles and three to four for larger ones, such as buses and vans. Declining performance for an electric vehicle battery is evidenced by fewer miles of driving per charge and more frequent plug-ins by owners. The global stockpile of these batteries is expected to exceed 3.4 million by 2025, compared with about 55,000 last year. This is almost a 62-fold increase in 7 years. Automobiles have overtaken consumer electronics as the biggest users of lithium-ion batteries.  Because batteries contain toxic chemicals that should not be placed into a landfills, they need to be either recycled, which involves an intensive manufacturing process, or repurposed for other uses.

China has the largest electric vehicle market in the world and the largest number of electric vehicle manufacturers. Electric cars make sense in China because of its dense and crowded cities that often mean shorter driving distances. China, where about half the world’s electric vehicles are sold, has made carmakers responsible for expired batteries and the European Union also has regulations on battery disposal.

Recycling

Batteries can be recycled, but recycling them is not easy due to the sophisticated chemical procedures involved. If not handled properly, the heavy metal contained in the battery can lead to contamination of the soil and water.

Batteries can be recycled through smelting, direct recovery, and other, newer processes. A smelting process is used to recover many minerals (e.g. lithium, cobalt, nickel) contained in the battery. After a battery is smelted, the lithium ends up as a mixed byproduct and extracting it is costly. While the cost of fully recycling a lithium-ion battery is about €1 per kilogram, the value of the raw minerals reclaimed from the process is only about a third of that.Another way to look at the cost of extraction of lithium from old batteries is that it is 5 times more expensive than mined lithium.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2021, 02:25:50 pm »
The Afterlife of Electric Vehicles: Battery Recycling and Repurposing

IER May 6, 2019

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/renewable/the-afterlife-of-electric-vehicles-battery-recycling-and-repurposing/
IOW, the can of environmental doom will be kicked into the pollution lane (real, heavy metals and chemical compounds that aren't CO2) and down the road after 50+ years of reinventing and revising ICE designs to get greater efficiency and lower emissions. There is a price to pay to get any job done, and this alternative is looking to be more costly in the long run.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2021, 03:29:47 pm »
I wonder what the "new" disposal problem is going to bring. If the batteries are not recyclable, that's going to be a mess. Landfill space outside Casper Wyoming is being taken up with retired windmill blades, now.
Wyoming needs to pass a law prohibiting used blades from California from coming into the state.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2021, 03:30:33 pm »
Wyoming needs to pass a law prohibiting used blades from California from coming into the state.

3 Thumbs up on that one.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online GtHawk

« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2021, 08:16:13 pm »
I think every state should be required to dispose/recycle all material from 'Green' energy projects their legislature approved in their states. Maybe if the people new the truth about the hazmat disposal or wind turbin blades whose material there is no market for, are incredibly difficult to move and are usually just hiden by be buried maybe they would not be so inclined to let the Gaia worshipers lies go unchallenged. But I doubt it, most people are  ****sheep****
« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 10:01:41 pm by GtHawk »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2021, 09:13:02 pm »
I think every state should be required to dispose/recycle all material from 'Green' energy projects their legislature approved in their states. Maybe if the people new the truth about the hazmat disposal or wind turbin blades whose material there is no market for, are incredibly difficult to use and are usually just hiden by be buried maybe they would not be so inclined to let the Gaia worshipers lies go unchallenged. But I doubt it, most people are  ****sheep****

@GtHawk

But I doubt it, most people are  ****sheep****

Soon to be an actual national requirement.

Ifn yew nos wads gud for yew,dat iz.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2021, 12:24:43 pm »
I live in CA and agree, but would also say that it's probable those blades are coming from somewhere else. 

CA isn't the only state with bird choppers.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2021, 03:42:03 pm »
The whole alternate energy arena is a false method for energy.  Without tax credits and other incentives, electric cars would not lease to anyone.  And they are not bought, they are leased.  Almost no one purchases these cars because they do not keep their value. 

How long can the government subsidize this nonsense?  Nothing but horsesh*t!!!  And where do they get the fuel to power all this with the aging national grid we have?  It's like a chicken running around after its head has been lopped off.  Not a single brain cell with the mindset we have in office right now.  These Dems are dangerous in every way.