Author Topic: China: Twitter ‘Ruthlessly Deprived’ Trump of Freedom of Speech  (Read 384 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
China: Twitter ‘Ruthlessly Deprived’ Trump of Freedom of Speech

Frances Martel 11 Jan 2021

China’s state-run Global Times declared in an article Sunday that President Donald Trump’s permanent removal from the social media outlet Twitter was proof “freedom of speech does have political and ethical boundaries” in its “true essence.”

The outlet, often one of the most belligerent Chinese government vehicles in English, asserted Twitter had “ruthlessly deprived” Trump of his freedom of speech, but concluded this was compatible with the true meaning of freedom of expression. The Times conceded the censure was an aberration from the Western, presumably illegitimate interpretation of the phrase — typically meant to mean that individuals have the right to express themselves however they want.

The Chinese Communist Party does not allow its citizens to use Twitter or other Western social media outlets such as Facebook. The only options available to Chinese citizens are Chinese social media apps such as Weibo, WeChat, and Baidu, all of which are heavily regulated by the Communist Party. The Party does not allow opinions that differ from those of the government on its social media applications and regularly takes legal action against individuals considered to be engaging in speech that may harm the Party, including non-political speech.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2021/01/11/china-twitter-ruthlessly-deprived-trump-freedom-speech/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
China is covering its tracks. China owns major shares of Twitter, Facebook, Google, and most other tech companies.

The de-platforming of Trump is being done with the approval, if not at the orders of, China.

China is posturing.  Looks like they've hired some pretty sophisticated PR firms to give advice.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline thackney

China is covering its tracks. China owns major shares of Twitter, Facebook, Google, and most other tech companies.

The de-platforming of Trump is being done with the approval, if not at the orders of, China.

China is posturing.  Looks like they've hired some pretty sophisticated PR firms to give advice.

Combine that thought with:

Twitter, Facebook: $51 Billion Combined Market Value Erased Since Trump Ban
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,425627.msg2362724.html#msg2362724
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I trust the Chicoms...ZERO

OTOH, being lectured about Freedom of Speech from them is straight off a page of Bizarro World
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

China would love to have the control that Twitter has.  Now some flunky in Beijing will be able to cancel your account.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
China would love to have the control that Twitter has.  Now some flunky in Beijing will be able to cancel your account.

More likely they are jealous of not having that absolute control over their enemies
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.