Author Topic: Do Disgruntled Liberals Belong Here?  (Read 1171 times)

Offline starbuck_archer

• Russian Mole Supporting Ukraine
Do Disgruntled Liberals Belong Here?
« on: January 15, 2021, 07:00:57 pm »
Okay, so this is an obvious litmus test: Do those who are "liberals", in line with John Stuart Mill, the Duke of Wellington, and Robert Peel really have a place among Conservatives who support Trump?

I have an admission to make: Trump made me realize that I am not a conservative, but a liberal, yet not a woke neo "progressive."

I say that I do: the American 'left wing' has become authoritarian Communist, something that any true American Liberal would be against.

Sorry, (and I don't mean that.   I will never say, "sorry" to my own beliefs but for necessary political brownie points), but any real interpretation of an ideal "color blind" society is only found on the American "right wing."

The American Republican Party never "switched" with the Democrats:  The "never Trumpers" are basically the the George McClellean losers, and Donald Trump is the "bull in a China shop" (Grant or Sherman) that America needs to defeat the left-wing Neo-Confederatats one again pushing a white identitarian agenda.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Do Disgruntled Liberals Belong Here?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 07:18:47 pm »
Okay..this Category is for printed Opinion Articles..not member's

Please post your Opinion/Editorial here

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/board,87.0.html

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline starbuck_archer

• Russian Mole Supporting Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 08:04:44 pm »
Sorry for misplacing this. 

I am not a "Trump supporter" but I support Trump.  Occasionally, this type of opinion has been treated by the right the way it is by the left, and I am glad this isn't one of those places.

The true "right wing" opposition in this country stands for Free Speech, Racial Blindness and Gender "blindness" within the reasons of science.

Offline Avalon1

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 03:44:38 am »
I think a lot of us here would welcome refugees from the blue side, I guess theirs some reasonable liberals after all that see that the deep state radical leftests took over the Democratic Party long ago. I guess you're like a Libertarian then? They are left leaning but have a few conservative elements. I voted for a Libertarian candidate for the first time because my attorney general is a buffoon and theirs no way in good conscious that I would ever vote for a Democrat.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 04:40:08 am »
I don't mind liberals...... IF,  they can tell the truth.   Ba haaaaa

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 04:50:39 am »
A number of us are "classic" liberals where "liberal" represents liberty. Liberty can only be achieved with a small tightly constrained government that's primary purpose is securing our rights and freedoms - as or constitution demanded.

Modern liberals have practically zero to do with liberty. They've become leftist which demand control through conformity of every aspect of our lives the antithesis of liberty.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 05:05:57 am »
Okay, so this is an obvious litmus test: Do those who are "liberals", in line with John Stuart Mill, the Duke of Wellington, and Robert Peel really have a place among Conservatives who support Trump?I have an admission to make: Trump made me realize that I am not a conservative, but a liberal, yet not a woke neo "progressive."I say that I do: the American 'left wing' has become authoritarian Communist, something that any true American Liberal would be against.
Sorry, (and I don't mean that.   I will never say, "sorry" to my own beliefs but for necessary political brownie points), but any real interpretation of an ideal "color blind" society is only found on the American "right wing."
The American Republican Party never "switched" with the Democrats:  The "never Trumpers" are basically the the George McClellan losers, and Donald Trump is the "bull in a China shop" (Grant or Sherman) that America needs to defeat the left-wing Neo-Confederates one again pushing a white identitarian agenda.
--------------------
Way beyond incoherent.
Our legacy/heritage of attitudes, behaviors, impulses and sentiments was birthed by
Great Britain; from Jamestown in 1607 till the ratification of our Constitution in 1790,
spanning almost 2 centuries.
This produced our Southern Agrarian & Rural Democrats led by Jefferson, Madison,
Monroe, among dozens of our Founders.
These were the giants of our past who gave us Principled Governance that allowed
us to survive and thrive as a culture/society.
Sadly, the Democrats were fatally tarred by slavery and unable to survive our Civil War.
The Republican Party began in the North in 1856, as errand boys for the New England
Mercantile Class; then post war becoming the party of the emergent Industrial Class.
This earned them the label; "The Party of Big Business" and nothing has changed since.
Republicans were the Party of strong centralized government, aggressive trade
protectionism and judicial activism; each having absolutely nothing to do w/Principled
Conservatism, not for a day!!! And nothing has changed over the past 160 years!   

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 05:13:18 am »
Do Disgruntled Liberals Belong Here?

I need some information to answer what I hope is your serious question. @starbuck_archer

What are these liberals disgruntled about, please be as specific as you can be ---  and why choose to engage a majority conservative POV? 

What's in this for the disgruntled liberal?

Thanks.