Author Topic: Revenge of the Neocons  (Read 127 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Revenge of the Neocons
« on: January 15, 2021, 06:14:33 pm »
Revenge of the Neocons

The conflict between neoconservatives and the Trump base sets up a major battle for which faction will control the Republican Party in the post-Trump era.

By Julie Kelly
January 14, 2021

It is the retaliation the Bush-Cheney regime has craved for more than a decade.

In a blistering interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer in October 2008, Donald Trump wondered aloud why then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) had not impeached George W. Bush. “The [Iraq] war is a total catastrophe,” Trump said on the once-friendly network that’s been his mortal enemy since 2016. “There’s only one person you can blame and that’s our current president.”

The Manhattan real estate mogul insisted Bush should have been removed from office for lying about Saddam Hussein’s secret trove of weapons of mass destruction, the rationale for the 2003 invasion. “Bush got us into this horrible war with lies, by lying. By saying they had WMDs, by saying all sorts of things that happened not to be true.” Bush was, Trump claimed, “the worst president ever.”

Trump also unloaded on Bush’s inner circle, including Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, and Vice President Dick Cheney. “He’s a hawkish guy,” Trump said about Cheney. “He said a few months ago the war was going fantastically . . . you know, it’s just very sad. I just know they got us into a mess the likes of which this country has probably never seen.”

More than 12 years later, Representative Liz Cheney (R-Wy.), the literal and figurative heir to the neoconservative “bloodline,” voted to impeach President Donald Trump. Calling the Capitol the “most sacred place in our Republic”—when you’ve been weaned on the mother’s milk of Beltway bravado and no-bid defense contracts, federal buildings in Washington, D.C. are the most hallowed ground—Cheney announced her intention to support Pelosi’s latest political stunt.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/01/14/revenge-of-the-neocons/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Revenge of the Neocons
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 06:16:21 pm »
Need to flood our GOP congress folks and let them know that Lizard Cheney is not acceptable in leadership in any form or fashion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline starbuck_archer

• Russian Mole Supporting Ukraine
Re: Revenge of the Neocons
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 06:32:28 pm »
It seems to be a trope among those both on our side and our Communist enemies that the only people who could have supported the Iraq war were Haliburton, Dick Cheney and other "war profiteers."

They seem to believe that the only people who could have supported the war (and fought in it, as I did) were "rich fat cats who wanted to make money selling weapons to the US Military."

Sorry, some of us still support the USA fighting for the freedom of people who hate us, because all human beings are entitled to basic civil rights, which no one was getting under Saddam Hussein or the Taliban.

That being said, I now believe the Iraq war (but not Afghanistan) was a mistake: I was fooled by the same globalists who are now fooling neo-progressives (ie: wokeness).  And having fought in Iraq, I'm glad that mistake only cost me a strong bout of PTSD, as opposed to having my face melted off by an EFP.  The biggest apology I'll give for my past neoconservatism is this: I was fooled by the same people now fooling the neo-progressives.

I am a Korean who immigrated to America in the early 1980s.  While it can be argued as to whether or not America "saved Europe" in WWII, there is no doubting that America "saved Asia" in WWII: It was American oil sanctions over what Japan was doing in Asia (Nanking, Vietnam etc...) and American military action that bombed Tokyo into cinders and conquered almost all of their "Co-Prosperity Sphere" (which was merely lebensraum in a Japanese disguise of "anticolonialism").  Thank you, America, for saving us from Japan, and Communism less than 10 years later.