Author Topic: Mitch McConnell Should Go Home to His Wife  (Read 85 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitch McConnell Should Go Home to His Wife
« on: January 14, 2021, 06:16:41 pm »
Mitch McConnell Should Go Home to His Wife

In the words of the immortal Tommy Heinsohn, Mitch McConnell should go home to his wife. Because nobody here loves him.

By Peter D'Abrosca
January 13, 2021

As a kid, I watched hundreds of Boston Celtics games with my dad. For my entire childhood and thereafter, late Celtic legend Tommy Heinsohn was Boston’s color commentator. Tommy, to put it politely, was the pugnacious type. With his wicked Boston accent, he was known for going berserk on referees from the broadcast booth whenever he felt like they’d slighted his beloved Celtics on the court. Heinsohn, who passed away in November, is one the few truly immortal sports figures in Boston history.

About 20 years ago, during a heated game against the Phoenix Suns, Tommy had a field day with referee Kenny Mauer, and he made a comment that stuck with me for all this time.

“You know, this Kenny Mauer should go home to his wife, because nobody here loves him,” he yelled into his mic as the crowd in Boston booed the latest in a string of bad calls.

Mitch McConnell, having lost the Senate majority and the trust of most Republican voters, could benefit from Tommy Heinsohn’s advice to Kenny Mauer.

Sure, “Cocaine Mitch” has had his moments, like when he blocked Merrick Garland from being confirmed to a seat on the Supreme Court during the 2016 presidential election, and then turned around four years later and rammed Amy Coney Barrett through under similar circumstances. That throbbing one-finger salute to the Left served as a symbolic gesture that, for once, the GOP was willing to break its own unwritten rules and win impolitely, instead of losing gracefully.

But this is politics in the era of Donald Trump. The Barrett confirmation might as well have been decades ago, and the question “what have you done for me lately” is catching up to the Turtle.

McConnell could have stuck with the Barrett confirmation mentality of playing like you mean to win. The voters loved it. They were begging for more, but unfortunately, one win was just too much winning for ’ole Mitch, and he returned to his ham-handed routine of bungling major opportunities at every turn.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/01/13/mitch-mcconnell-should-go-home-to-his-wife/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34