Author Topic: 4 Reasons McConnell’s Terrible Impeachment Blunder Is Doomed To Failure  (Read 618 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 4 Reasons McConnell’s Terrible Impeachment Blunder Is Doomed To Failure

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell made a terrible mistake Tuesday night when he released word that he was in favor of impeaching President Donald Trump.

By Christopher Bedford
January 14, 2021

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell made a terrible mistake Tuesday night when he released word that he was in favor of impeaching President Donald Trump. This mistake goes well beyond a simple political miscalculation. It is the physical manifestation of Washington Republican hubris, wrapped in a fog of frightened groupthink.

Announced the eve of the House impeachment vote in the pages of The New York Times, McConnell’s plan reportedly rested on the belief that impeaching the outgoing president “will make it easier to purge Mr. Trump from the party.” Published just after the No. 3 House Republican, Conference Chairwoman Liz Cheney, announced her intention to vote for impeachment, for a moment it appeared the still-Republican Senate might end up joining with the Democrats after all.

By early afternoon the following day, however, the situation on the ground had changed. By the time the sun set in Washington, only 10 of 195 House Republicans — or about 5 percent — had joined with Democrats. Meanwhile, conservative members of the House had begun whipping support for Cheney’s resignation from leadership; and nervous Republican senators were publicly turning against impeachment. Retreating, McConnell declared he no longer knew which way he would vote, and in a statement suggested the Senate might not be able to take up the trial on time after all.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/14/4-reasons-mcconnells-terrible-impeachment-blunder-is-doomed-to-failure/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Mitchypoo thinks throwing Trump under the bus will save his silly ass and the republican party.

Talk about a miscalculation.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Mitchypoo thinks throwing Trump under the bus will save his silly ass and the republican party.

Washington Republicans believe the media lies, and most Rats know they're lies and are OK with it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

I can't think of a more dumb move. It's almost as though he doesn't think he'll be held accountable. Wonder why.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
McConnell was freshly reelected, which sometimes does wonders for one's political courage.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Mitchypoo cares about two things: 1. Continuing to receive the CHICOM checks 2. Continuing to receive his invites to all the big ISB parties.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Mitchypoo cares about two things: 1. Continuing to receive the CHICOM checks 2. Continuing to receive his invites to all the big ISB parties.

Let's not forget that, in all likelihood,  the only legacy of the Trump presidency that will survive are his judicial appointments.   And for that,  thank Mitch McConnell.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Let's not forget that, in all likelihood,  the only legacy of the Trump presidency that will survive are his judicial appointments.   And for that,  thank Mitch McConnell.

Wow.  Your entire world is inside out.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Wow.  Your entire world is inside out.

How so?  One thing's for sure -  the reason there won't be any more conservative jurists for a very long time is Trump's failure to act presidential.   

Offline Right_in_Virginia

How so?  One thing's for sure -  the reason there won't be any more conservative jurists for a very long time is Trump's failure to act presidential.

I love it!  You're already running out of steam.   :silly:

Offline libertybele

Holy crap!  Just when I thought I heard the most ridiculous b.s. from you, you come up with another doozie!

This takes first prize of all the b.s. that you've posted to date. Do you come up with this stuff all on your own??

:laughingdog: :mauslaff:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I love it!  You're already running out of steam.   :silly:

Let me put it differently -  Trump's failure to win reelection will stop in its tracks conservatives'  progress in winning back the federal judiciary.   It may be the single biggest consequence of Biden's victory.   So this all boils down to Trump's failure,  for four years now, to do the basic and simple things needed to move his approval rating over 50%.   We've known for years now that Trump utterly alienates many voters.   Why did he never, ever take steps to address this?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Holy crap!  Just when I thought I heard the most ridiculous b.s. from you, you come up with another doozie!

This takes first prize of all the b.s. that you've posted to date. Do you come up with this stuff all on your own??

:laughingdog: :mauslaff:

Ah,  the broken record of insults - with no substance behind them - continues.

Sigh.

Offline libertybele

Ah,  the broken record of insults - with no substance behind them - continues.

Sigh.

Your comment took me by surprise that much.  I'm dead serious.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Your comment took me by surprise that much.  I'm dead serious.

Why?   Trump had the world as his oyster,  and blew it.   That's a tragedy,  and a huge blow to the progress for conservatives that was being made.

Offline libertybele

Why?   Trump had the world as his oyster,  and blew it.   That's a tragedy,  and a huge blow to the progress for conservatives that was being made.

I'm not going to even try to answer that; other than with I've given many explanations and tried to make you understand.

I'll leave it at we just don't see eye to eye.  Certainly don't want to insult you again.

Peace @Jazzhead

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I'm not going to even try to answer that; other than with I've given many explanations and tried to make you understand.

I'll leave it at we just don't see eye to eye.  Certainly don't want to insult you again.

Peace @Jazzhead

No worries, @libertybele .    Most here seem to think Trump was the victim of sinister forces.   But I think it was his own doggone fault.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Based on what we have seen this week, why doesn't some faction of the GOP investigate, encapsulate, present, and bring forth charges against Kamala Harris for her comments inciting BLM / Antifa terrorist last summer? 

Nevermind......  I forgot Captial Hill GOP is a Testicle Free Zone
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

No worries, @libertybele .    Most here seem to think Trump was the victim of sinister forces.   But I think it was his own doggone fault.
:thumbsup: