Author Topic: Czech firearms company in negotiations to buy Colt, an American legend for nearly 175 years  (Read 1120 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
American Military News by January 12, 2021 Stephen Singer

Czech firearms company in negotiations to buy Colt, an American legend for nearly 175 years

Gun manufacturer Colt, an American legend and Connecticut fixture for nearly 175 years, could come under European ownership in a deal being negotiated with a Czech firearms company.

Česká zbrojovka Group SE, or CZG, which is negotiating to purchase Colt Holding Co., said it has reached agreement on the outlines of a deal with the West Hartford gun manufacturer.

A transaction for 100% of the outstanding equity interest in Colt Holding Co. is not certain, it said. The two companies have agreed to extend to the end of January the review required for due diligence and could approve a deal by then, CZG said.

More: https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/01/czech-firearms-company-in-negotiations-to-buy-colt-an-american-legend-for-nearly-175-years/

https://www.czg.cz/about-us
CZG - Česká zbrojovka Group SE is a leading European producer of firearms and tactical accessories for military and law enforcement, personal defence, hunting, sport shooting and other civilian uses. Its products are marketed and sold under the Česká zbrojovka, CZ-USA, Dan Wesson, Zbrojovka Brno and 4M Systems brands.

The company is headquartered in the Czech Republic. The company has production facilities in the Czech Republic and United States.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Better than being sold to some group who only want to suck it dry and put it out of business.

BassWrangler

I've been underwhelmed by Colt in recent years. They make good products, but they are nothing special. I can build or buy an AR with as good or better quality and features for less than a Colt. The Python is a cool revolver, but Colt can't make enough of them, so prices are above retail. Can't think of any real innovation from them - they are basically a name, much like Arma lite once was.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Better than being sold to some group who only want to suck it dry and put it out of business.

:yowsa:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

BassWrangler

Agreed. CZ is an innovative company with great products. This is just like when Armalite name got sold - they are just buying the name. Military contracts can go to Daniel Defense or Knights Armament.

Offline mikezpen

Agree; let 'em sell. Another possibility is never ending lawsuits by gun-grabbers on behalf of victims of gun crime and favorable rulings by packed leftist courts..That w/put them out of business, too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Maybe CZ will move the manufacturing out of Connecticut to another state more gun-friendly (for now).

You can't even buy the products Colt makes in CT (such as an AR-15)...

Offline mountaineer

Maybe CZ will move the manufacturing out of Connecticut to another state more gun-friendly (for now).

You can't even buy the products Colt makes in CT (such as an AR-15)...
We would love for a gun manufacturer to set up shop in our very pro-2A state!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

BassWrangler

We would love for a gun manufacturer to set up shop in our very pro-2A state!

Where are you, Idaho? Idaho has Primary Weapons Systems, who makes a great AR variant that uses a long stroke piston system. It's like a cheaper HK416.

Oh, but maybe I am remembering someone else who is in Idaho...

Offline mountaineer

No, West Virginia.
Isn't bigheadfred in Idaho?

BassWrangler

No, West Virginia.
Isn't bigheadfred in Idaho?

I'm not sure. I keep getting everyone's location mixed up.

BassWrangler

Another thought just occurred to me. The author of one of the gun-related channels on YouTube mentioned that Biden is likely to ban imports of firearms from outside the US. Currently only a few countries, like China and Russia, are on this list. I am sure the US is a big market for CZ, so they may be looking to buy Colt so they can manufacture here in the US to avoid this ban.

Offline verga

Another thought just occurred to me. The author of one of the gun-related channels on YouTube mentioned that Biden is likely to ban imports of firearms from outside the US. Currently only a few countries, like China and Russia, are on this list. I am sure the US is a big market for CZ, so they may be looking to buy Colt so they can manufacture here in the US to avoid this ban.
Could be the best of both worlds, and a win/ win. CZ gets an american manufacturing platform and colt could get a boost in market share.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Saddest foreign take over of an American iconic brand since a Belgium conglomerate acquired AB (Budweiser et. al)  What's next Harley Davison? 

Don't laugh.  If Pedo Joe amps the deficit up another $10T as expected, the hyper inflation caused may make our assets over here dirt cheap for the taking,
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

BassWrangler

Saddest foreign take over of an American iconic brand since a Belgium conglomerate acquired AB (Budweiser et. al)  What's next Harley Davison? 

Don't laugh.  If Pedo Joe amps the deficit up another $10T as expected, the hyper inflation caused may make our assets over here dirt cheap for the taking,

It's not really all that sad because Colt has been in decline while CZ continues to innovate.

Offline mountaineer

Saddest foreign take over of an American iconic brand since a Belgium conglomerate acquired AB (Budweiser et. al)
That wasn't all bad. The buyer paid me a nice premium price for my shares of AB. I have no idea whether the quality of the product changed, as we never partook of AB products anyway.

We don't have any Colt products, either, but I hope the Czech company continues to make firearms.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 03:44:30 pm by mountaineer »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Glenn Beck had reported a while back that the Chinese and other countries were refusing to buy our treasury note and that the banks were borrowing (printing money) to cover assets.

I found it interesting when Biden was announced president-elect treasury notes took a slight notch upward as did bonds.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline mountaineer

Chinese already are buying as much land as they can get their hands on.

BassWrangler

Chinese already are buying as much land as they can get their hands on.

Yes, and most people don't know that it's illegal for a foreigner to own property in China. For Microsoft and Amazon data centers, the property must be purchased by Chinese and leased to the US company.

Personally, I think we ought to treat them the same way they treat us. Tariffs, land ownership, etc.

Offline GrouchoTex

If we buy a Colt now, who do we make out the Czech to?.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If we buy a Colt now, who do we make out the Czech to?.
Don't know about Colt, but if you wanna make out a Czech you might start here.
http://beauty-around.com/en/tops/item/50-samyue-krasivyie-cheshki 

:whistle:

BassWrangler

Don't know about Colt, but if you wanna make out a Czech you might start here.
http://beauty-around.com/en/tops/item/50-samyue-krasivyie-cheshki 

:whistle:

Czech Republic is known for its beautiful blond women, pilsner beer, and quality firearms. It's also home to Prusa, a great 3d printer company.

Offline mountaineer

Now we're talking!

BassWrangler

Now we're talking!

Good stuff. Made with Saaz Hopps.

Offline GrouchoTex

Jak se mas, y'all?