Author Topic: Supreme Court rejects fast track for Trump election cases  (Read 754 times)

Offline libertybele

Supreme Court rejects fast track for Trump election cases
« on: January 11, 2021, 09:03:02 pm »
Gee ... how surprising!   888mouth

Supreme Court rejects fast track for Trump election cases

The Supreme Court on Monday formally refused to put on a fast track election challenges filed by President Donald Trump and his allies.

The court rejected pleas for quick consideration of cases involving the outcome in five states won by President-elect Joe Biden: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

The orders, issued without comment, were unsurprising. The justices had previously taken no action in those cases in advance of last week's counting of the electoral votes in Congress, which confirmed Biden's victory.

The court still could act on appeals related to the Nov. 3 election later this winter or in the spring. Several justices had expressed interest in a Pennsylvania case involving the state Supreme Court's decision to extend the deadline for receipt of mailed ballots by three days, over the opposition of the Republican-controlled legislature.

But even if the court were to take up an election-related case, it probably wouldn't hear arguments until the fall.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-rejects-fast-track-145539923.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Re: Supreme Court rejects fast track for Trump election cases
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2021, 09:13:41 pm »
Gee ... how surprising!   888mouth
The court still could act on appeals related to the Nov. 3 election later this winter or in the spring. Several justices had expressed interest in a Pennsylvania case involving the state Supreme Court's decision to extend the deadline for receipt of mailed ballots by three days, over the opposition of the Republican-controlled legislature.

But even if the court were to take up an election-related case, it probably wouldn't hear arguments until the fall.

While this strikes us here as somewhat absurd on its face, if the PA Supreme Court action is struck down even a year after the election, that will still be a win.  Obviously not a win for the election of 2020, but a win for every election thereafter.
James 1:20

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2021, 09:18:23 pm »
While this strikes us here as somewhat absurd on its face, if the PA Supreme Court action is struck down even a year after the election, that will still be a win.  Obviously not a win for the election of 2020, but a win for every election thereafter.

How so?  The integrity of the electoral process is gone and certainly by that time the DEM majority in ALL Houses will have changed the rules to the voting process. They will likely do away with the electoral college and implement majority votes win. Either way I don't every expect a GOP nor a conservative to be seated again.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2021, 11:59:29 pm »
As critical as the issues were and the grievousness of the crimes, that anarchy that followed is directly connected the the Supreme Court refusing to take the seriousness of the issues to task in a relevent  timely manner.  Tomany people shirked their duties and President Trump was left in the lurch.
As to well said: Justice delayed is justice denied.  The dictionary whould have a picture in it of President Trump by the word INJUSTICE.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 12:18:48 am »
How so?  The integrity of the electoral process is gone and certainly by that time the DEM majority in ALL Houses will have changed the rules to the voting process. They will likely do away with the electoral college and implement majority votes win. Either way I don't every expect a GOP nor a conservative to be seated again.

No doubt Ds at all levels will do whatever they can to bake in D victories any time votes are cast.  However unless the Constitution is amended to call for uniform Federal voting laws, a SCOTUS decision which forbids State Supreme Courts from changing voting laws unilaterally will return that authority to the legislatures; voting laws enacted by an R legislature will not be susceptible to change by a D court or administration.  That decision of course would be too late for Trump versus Biden, but perhaps not too late for later elections.

I'm not fully confident SCOTUS would rule that way; their most recent performance leaves much to be desired.  I'm talking "if", not making a prediction.

We can argue without specifics that the entire process is now corrupt in every detail, that speculating about SCOTUS decisions is merely academic, and that no R can ever again be elected.  But if we really do believe that then the time for violent resistance is at hand.  I think much can still be accomplished at the state level, and accomplishments there could serve the double purpose of restoring integrity to the vote and re-balancing the Reserved and Delegated powers.  Assertive R-majority state legislatures, like the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man, might availeth much.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 12:23:36 am by HoustonSam »
James 1:20

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 12:25:57 am »
No doubt Ds at all levels will do whatever they can to bake in D victories any time votes are cast.  However unless the Constitution is amended to call for uniform Federal voting laws, a SCOTUS decision which forbids State Supreme Courts from changing voting laws unilaterally will return that authority to the legislatures; voting laws enacted by an R legislature will not be susceptible to change by a D court or administration.  That decision of course would be too late for Trump versus Biden, but perhaps not too late for later elections.

I'm not fully confident SCOTUS would rule that way; their most recent performance leaves much to be desired.  I'm talking "if", not making a prediction.

We can argue without specifics that the entire process is now corrupt in every detail, that speculating about SCOTUS decisions is merely academic, and that no R can ever again be elected.  But if we really do believe that then the time for violent resistance is at hand.  I think much can still be accomplished at the state level, and accomplishments there could serve the double purpose of restoring integrity to the vote and re-balancing the Reserved and Delegated powers.  Assertive R-majority state legislatures, like the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man, might availeth much.

No argument from me that the entire process is corrupt and I do believe that no Republican will every be elected again.

I pray to God that somehow there is remedy to all this without violence.  God Bless Our Republic and stop the evil that is destroying her!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 02:02:43 am »
Instead, the Supreme Court is fast tracking the destruction of this country's constitution and liberties at a faster pace than the Soviets or Chinese could ever dream of accomplishing.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2021, 03:32:36 am »
The time to fight the wicked has come and gone.  Blustering after the barn has burned down and the ashes are cold is the venture of fools. Now the real price to be paid is at hand, many want to posture concern.  Johnny come latelys, a day late and a dollar short.  Like the foolish virgins, the opportunity came and passed.  Warnings WERE sufficient, now its the hard way.  In for a penny, in for a pound.  The purchase has ended.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 03:34:26 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 12:31:41 pm »
Instead, the Supreme Court is fast tracking the destruction of this country's constitution and liberties at a faster pace than the Soviets or Chinese could ever dream of accomplishing.

I'm starting to think the only hope for this Supreme Court is to pack it ... and have a couple of Constitutionalists slip through.