Author Topic: Trump suggests building own platform after Twitter ban  (Read 676 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump suggests building own platform after Twitter ban
« on: January 09, 2021, 02:40:13 am »
Trump suggests building own platform after Twitter ban
By Jesse Byrnes - 01/08/21 08:46 PM EST

President Trump suggested Friday night that he may seek to build his own online platform after Twitter permanently suspended his account less than two weeks before the end of his presidency.

Trump, tweeting from the @POTUS account after Twitter banned @realDonaldTrump, wrote that he and his team are looking at the possibility of "building out our own platform in the near future."

"As I have been saying for a long time, Twitter has gone further and further in banning free speech, and tonight, Twitter employees have coordinated with the Democrats and the Radical Left in removing my account from their platform, to silence me — and YOU, the 75,000,000 great patriots who voted for me," he wrote.

"Twitter may be a private company, but without the government's gift of Section 230 they would not exist for long," Trump continued, referring to his longstanding criticism of a key liability protection for tech companies that he has pushed to repeal.

"I predicted this would happen. We have been negotiating with various other sites, and will have a big announcement soon, while we also look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the near future," Trump added in a series of tweets. "We will not be SILENCED!"

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/533455-trump-suggests-building-own-platform-after-twitter-ban
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump suggests building own platform after Twitter ban
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 02:44:32 am »
Twitter deleted this minutes after it was posted:

Offline thackney

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 02:54:21 am »
Parler has been removed from the Google App store.  How does he think people will be able to access his platform?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 09:52:29 am »
Parler has been removed from the Google App store.  How does he think people will be able to access his platform?

install the .apk right from parler.com ... It ain't hard.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 02:40:12 pm »
Tucker sounds alarm: ‘Silicon Valley oligarchs are more powerful than POTUS and they want you to know it’
January 9, 2021 | Frieda Powers | Print Article

Tucker Carlson warned his Fox News audience that the “unprecedented” assault on their civil liberties is here and will have major consequences.

The Fox News host blasted the latest moves by “Silicon Valley oligarchs” to rid social media and online platforms of conservative speech during his monologue on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” Friday. His remarks came amid a wave of actions by Big Tech companies to purge platforms of President Donald Trump and his supporters, and even affected the Fox News network. ...

“Days after Donald Trump called for breaking up the Big Tech monopolies in order to preserve democracy, they have silenced him. Friday evening, Twitter announced that the sitting president had been banned from the platform that is his primary means of public communication,” he added. “Of course, they waited until the Democratic Party took power to shut it down. Silicon Valley oligarchs are more powerful than the president of the United States, and they want you to know it.”  ...
More at BizPacReview
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 02:42:36 pm »
ACLU tepidly, kind of, speaks in defense of free speech, but really not so much:

https://twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT/status/1347734217371873280/photo/1

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 12:53:02 am »
install the .apk right from parler.com ... It ain't hard.

I am still learning.  At Parler.com, it sent me to the Google App store.

????

Offline thackney

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 01:00:49 am »
I am still learning.  At Parler.com, it sent me to the Google App store.

????

Okay, found another place at Parler.com that would let me download the app.

Now I get this:

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 02:04:10 am »
Okay, found another place at Parler.com that would let me download the app.

Now I get this:

Huh. Alright. Must be pre-oreo...
IF you can get it from playstore, do that. You won't need to change settings if they put it back in the store.

If not then:
Go into your phone settings in security somewhere and look for and enable 'install from unknown sources' ... then go back and fire the apk again... It is in 'downloads' and you can use the samsung file manager to get at it, or just go back and fire it from the site.

Offline thackney

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 02:54:27 am »
Huh. Alright. Must be pre-oreo...
IF you can get it from playstore, do that. You won't need to change settings if they put it back in the store.

If not then:
Go into your phone settings in security somewhere and look for and enable 'install from unknown sources' ... then go back and fire the apk again... It is in 'downloads' and you can use the samsung file manager to get at it, or just go back and fire it from the site.

Thank you!

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 03:16:42 am »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 03:28:49 am »
Sunday (tomorrow) at midnight Amazon will be shutting off all of our servers in an attempt to completely remove free speech off the internet. There is the possibility Parler will be unavailable on the internet for up to a week as we rebuild from scratch.

We prepared for events like this by never relying on amazons proprietary infrastructure and building bare metal products. We will try our best to move to a new provider right now as we have many competing for our business, however Amazon, Google and Apple purposefully did this as a coordinated effort knowing our options would be limited and knowing this would inflict the most damage right as President Trump was banned from the tech companies.

This was a coordinated attack by the tech giants to kill competition in the market place. We were too successful too fast. You can expect the war on competition and free speech to continue, but don’t count us out. #speakfreely -- John Matze 🇺🇸 John  Saturday, January 9, 2021

https://parler.com/post/009ba435b68c46d4955e1cd7737fa27c

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2021, 01:38:14 pm »
I can't imagine why this came to mind, but I remember reading in Victor Klemperer's first-hand account of events in 1932-45 Germany about two of the things* the authorities took away from people like he:  typewriters and automobiles. They didn't want people communicating or gathering. The technologies may have changed, but the intent seems to be the same.

*They also went after the pet cat. Apparently, the Nazis didn't want people to have any happiness at all.