Author Topic: Houston Chronicle calls on Cruz to resign  (Read 396 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Houston Chronicle calls on Cruz to resign
« on: January 09, 2021, 05:22:15 pm »
He IS DC's next target.  They need him out of the way. IMHO, He'll fight as long as he can, but they'll eventually find reason, if they haven't already to expel him or at the very least censor him probably for unethical conduct and he's not exactly Mr. Popular amongst his colleagues. Chances are he'll want to present and fight his own case and they won't allow him to do so; he won't be recognized on the floor. McConnell hates him.   Another  TX newspaper is calling for the same.

Houston Chronicle calls on Cruz to resign

The Houston Chronicle's editorial board is calling for Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) to resign after he helped lead the effort to challenge the 2020 election results in Congress.

The Chronicle, which has been a vocal critic of Cruz over the years, wrote in an opinion piece Friday arguing that the senator’s actions helped fuel Wednesday’s deadly pro-Trump mob at the Capitol.

The Texas senator “knew exactly what he was doing, what he was risking and who he was inciting as he stood on the Senate floor Wednesday and passionately fed the farce of election fraud even as a seething crowd of believers was being whipped up by President Trump a short distance away," the editorial board wrote.

The editorial board blasted what it called "Cruz's cynical gamble," saying he “peddled his phony concern for the integrity of our elections, he argued that senators who voted to certify Biden’s victory would be telling tens of millions of Americans to ‘jump in a lake’ and that their concerns don’t matter.”

The editorial board members then addressed Cruz directly, arguing that “those terrorists wouldn’t have been at the Capitol if you hadn’t staged this absurd challenge to the 2020 results in the first place.”

Cruz has defended his move to object to certification of the Electoral College count, saying in an interview Friday he wanted to investigate allegations of fraud in order to "reestablish widespread trust in the system.".....

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533478-houston-chronicle-calls-on-cruz-to-resign

https://www.expressnews.com/opinion/editorials/article/Editorial-Impeachment-for-Trump-expulsion-for-15856860.php

« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 05:25:22 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Houston Chronicle calls on Cruz to resign
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 05:27:12 pm »
Great picture of Trump and Cruz together (the dynamic duo -- I think that they may not be done quite just yet -- Cruz has an absolute look of confidence on his face and in his eyes).

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 05:31:21 pm »
Here's the Chronicle's article: https://www.houstonchronicle.com/opinion/editorials/article/Editorial-Resign-Senator-Cruz-Your-lies-cost-15857293.php

Read at your own risk. I wasn't about to post this garbage on my own, but since you brought it up, here it is.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 05:44:21 pm »
Only get the Comical on Sunday for this reason.....

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 05:57:08 pm »
I think Cruz will be expelled from the Senate once Schumer becomes leader and the DEMS take the majority.

I don't think Cruz ever dreamed that there would be an attack on the Senate (though others knew) and he was doing what he felt was his absolute duty and what was right for the country. 

Ironic that actually doing his darn job as all of our elected officials should be doing is going to cost him his career.

Politics and making a difference has always been his dream ... he's like a lone solider now in a battle.  A battle that can't be won at the ballot box, nor one that can be won by fighting a cause that's already been lost in D.C.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 05:58:53 pm »
What are the rest of our good (?) Senators doing right now?  You can bet that they are cowering and sucking up to Chuckie to keep their seats.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 06:19:32 pm »
Expel Cruz:  Takes 2/3 of senate to expel a senator.  2/3 requires some Republican senators to vote with the Dems to expel.  Don't think that will happen.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 06:37:04 pm »
Expel Cruz:  Takes 2/3 of senate to expel a senator.  2/3 requires some Republican senators to vote with the Dems to expel.  Don't think that will happen.

Yes, I understand, but I see that this could be a 'gray area' as Article I, section 5 of the United States Constitution states that each House of Congress  may determine the rules of its proceedings.  (The DEMS are changing rules without amending the rules set forth in the Constitution or ignoring the rules).

Chuckie can change the rules just as Nancy did in the House.  She just changed some rules and not just House procedural rules. The DEMS can do whatever they want and those that get in their way will be dealt with.

@Victoria33  the Constitution and rule of law no longer apply to the DEMS; they don't care squat about the Constitution.  They continue to prove this over and over.  In the first impeachment against Trump they did not follow the impeachment procedures and got away with it and they will continue to act as they see fit in order to accomplish their goals and agendas.

During Obama's administration he time and time again abused his power and got away with it.  His AG backed him and the DOJ never even flinched.  This set a backdrop for the DEM party -- do as you please to exercise power in order to prevail regardless if it is constitutional or not.

I never knew how 535 members of Congress weren't able to stop him, but knowing what I've seen in the past couple of years, it's because the majority of those members are/were corrupt.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 06:39:08 pm by libertybele »