Author Topic: Murkowski becomes first GOP senator to call on Trump to resign  (Read 975 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Murkowski becomes first GOP senator to call on Trump to resign
« on: January 08, 2021, 10:20:47 pm »
Murkowski becomes first GOP senator to call on Trump to resign
By Jordain Carney - 01/08/21 04:46 PM EST

GOP Sen. Lisa Murkowski (Alaska) said Friday that she believes President Trump should resign immediately, becoming the first Senate Republican to call for him to step down after riots at the Capitol.

“I want him to resign. I want him out. He has caused enough damage,” Murkowski told the Anchorage Daily News.

Murkowski's comments come two days after rioters breached the Capitol as Vice President Pence and lawmakers were counting the Electoral College vote.

Trump, who has since said he will support an orderly transfer of power, has issued claims for weeks that the election was "rigged" and encouraged his supporters to gather at the Capitol on Wednesday ahead of the violence.

Murkowski also appeared to acknowledge that Trump is unlikely to resign, even as House Democrats appear poised to impeach him for a second time and there are growing calls for Vice President Pence and the Cabinet to invoke the 25th Amendment.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533419-murkowski-calls-on-trump-to-resign-i-want-him-out
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Murkowski becomes first GOP senator to call on Trump to resign
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 10:22:11 pm »
Jackal No. 1 has spoken.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 10:22:34 pm »
Quelle surprise ! /s

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 10:23:00 pm »
Who cares? Who makes up this slug's constituency? She stands for NOTHING but whatever the rats stand for.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2021, 10:41:46 pm »
I guess Biden's going to authorize private transportation for the Republican caucus.

Lindsey had a very skwee day ..... Lisa's probably been added to the list:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_vHCLl8DaQ&feature=youtu.be

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 11:49:56 pm »
   Next UP: Romney and Collins
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2021, 12:15:21 am »
   Next UP: Romney and Collins

Romney, Collins, Murkowski, Mittens, Graham, McConnell ... they have enough defectors to impeach him!  I think that there is more.

The GOPe is schlitzing on Trump BIGLY!   Is it ok to say I hate their sorry azzes??  Hate is a strong word, but I am infuriated by the way they have given us all the middle finger.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2021, 12:21:01 am »
Romney, Collins, Murkowski, Mittens, Graham, McConnell ... they have enough defectors to impeach him!  I think that there is more.

The GOPe is schlitzing on Trump BIGLY!   Is it ok to say I hate their sorry azzes??  Hate is a strong word, but I am infuriated by the way they have given us all the middle finger.
It is OK as far as I'm concerned.

I've never held US politicians in very high regard but I had no idea most were such utter trash. The past few days have been illuminating, to say the least.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2021, 12:21:08 am »

Yep, it's quickly approaching critical mass.

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2021, 12:23:51 am »
Dinesh D’Souza
 @DineshDSouza

I have been a Republican since Reagan and we have a party with a great history but MY GOD! What kind of cowering, whimpering, pathetic animal do we have here? Get up off your fours and stand on two legs! Have some basic human pride and self-respect, you disgraceful cowards

3:18 PM · Jan 7, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/DineshDSouza/status/1347276536282554369

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2021, 12:24:53 am »
Yep, it's quickly approaching critical mass.

I truly do not know what the GOP thinks it gains by stomping on the President.  Really, what is their game plan?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2021, 12:28:01 am »
I truly do not know what the GOP thinks it gains by stomping on the President.  Really, what is their game plan?

What they've always dreamed of - crush the right wing so they stop attempting to assert any influence over the party.

Problem is there are at least 70 million of us.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2021, 12:40:27 am »
@Right_in_Virginia
What do they have to gain?  They get to go back to riding the US taxpayer funded, corrupt as hell, gravy train.

Here’s a hint for everyone:  95% of the Republicans in DC wanted Trump gone because he upset the game...and worse he roused the rabble to know the game was afoot.

It was a foregone conclusion that he would be cast out.  I’d say if we were a month out he would def be facing a 25th amendment challenge...two weeks, he might be able to ride out.  No one in DC wants to face the chance of his coming back in 4 years.  And they also want to ensure no one else outside of their cabal ever thinks of treading there again.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 12:41:41 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2021, 12:50:17 am »
@Right_in_Virginia
What do they have to gain?  They get to go back to riding the US taxpayer funded, corrupt as hell, gravy train.

Here’s a hint for everyone:  95% of the Republicans in DC wanted Trump gone because he upset the game...and worse he roused the rabble to know the game was afoot.

It was a foregone conclusion that he would be cast out.  I’d say if we were a month out he would def be facing a 25th amendment challenge...two weeks, he might be able to ride out.  No one in DC wants to face the chance of his coming back in 4 years.  And they also want to ensure no one else outside of their cabal ever thinks of treading there again.

We've been lied to for so long @Axeslinger  I can't find the words to express my fury   9999hair out0000

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2021, 12:50:50 am »
What they've always dreamed of - crush the right wing so they stop attempting to assert any influence over the party.

Problem is there are at least 70 million of us.

I want them to lose it all.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2021, 12:52:50 am »
@Right_in_Virginia

Exactly right.  They will undoubtedly work on getting rid of Cruz. Too many supporters, he stuck up for Trump and his agenda while campaigning for president was very similar.  He also raised the objections.  He's toast...and I hope he has his own security detail.  Hawley will be ousted as well.

Prayers up for Senator Cruz and his family.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2021, 01:07:17 am »
Trump should give his two-week notice.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2021, 01:19:33 am »
bele wrote:
"Romney, Collins, Murkowski, Mittens, Graham, McConnell ... they have enough defectors to impeach him!  I think that there is more."

And dfw replied:
"Yep, it's quickly approaching critical mass"

Fishrrman:
Let them do it, then, and be done with it.
We'll watch the entire Republican party commit suicide in real time right on our tv screens.
NOTHING would make the demo-communists happier.

I've almost ... almost... reached the point where I'm done voting in elections for good. Maybe for a few local candidates.

But beyond that... let them all go to the devil.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2021, 01:24:16 am »
I want them to lose it all.
I'm now 100% with Roamer - they are worthless to us anyway. We have nothing to gain from supporting them.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2021, 01:35:03 am »

Those are all Senators.  They don't get a vote on impeachment.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2021, 02:21:09 am »
Those are all Senators.  They don't get a vote on impeachment.

@Hoodat
Ummm...they are the only ones who get a vote on Removal...unless you think the Dem majority House would never stoop so low?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2021, 02:44:57 am »
I'm now 100% with Roamer - they are worthless to us anyway. We have nothing to gain from supporting them.

God help me....I'm headed that direction as well.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2021, 02:49:31 am »
@Hoodat
Ummm...they are the only ones who get a vote on Removal...unless you think the Dem majority House would never stoop so low?

The House votes to impeach.  The Senate votes to remove.  Impeachment comes first.

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2021, 03:02:19 am »
Jackal No. 1 has spoken.

Why should she be loyal to Trump?
He has already promised to support her (as yet unnamed) primary opponent in 2022.
She wants to see Trump damaged and discredited.
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline corbe

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2021, 03:09:29 am »

Mitch's NRSC killed me and allowed this B1tch.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.