Author Topic: Hillary Clinton: Democrats’ Election Transformation Bill Is ‘Once-in-a-Generation Opportunity’  (Read 504 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hillary Clinton: Democrats’ Election Transformation Bill Is ‘Once-in-a-Generation Opportunity’

Hannah Bleau 4 Mar 2021

Twice-failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said Thursday that the U.S. has a “once-in-a-generation opportunity” in H.R. 1, a bill reshaping election rules which the House passed late Wednesday evening.

“My friend John Lewis said, ‘The vote is precious. It is almost sacred. It is the most powerful nonviolent tool we have in a democratic society.’ We now have a once-in-a-generation opportunity to protect it,” Clinton said, calling on the Senate to pass the For the People Act:

Clinton’s comments follow the House passing H.R. 1 along party lines Wednesday evening. While Democrats, such as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), brand the measure as a means to remove “obstacles of participation,” Republicans warn that the proposal’s mandates are largely unconstitutional, resulting in what would amount to a federal takeover of U.S. elections.

In a letter addressed to House and Senate leadership, 20 state attorneys general appealed to the Constitution’s Article I Elections Clause and Article II Electors Clause, “which [give] states the primary role in conducting federal elections for House and Senate, and an even bigger role in presidential elections.”

“The Act would invert that constitutional structure, commandeer state resources, confuse and muddle elections procedures, and erode faith in our elections and systems of governance,” they wrote in the letter, listing the measure’s many “vulnerabilities” and vowing to take appropriate legal action in the event the bill becomes law.

“Despite recent calls for political unity, the Act takes a one-sided approach to governing and usurps states’ authority over elections,” the March 3 letter continued. “With confidence in elections at a record low, the country’s focus should be on building trust in the electoral process.”

“Around the nation, the 2020 general elections generated mass confusion and distrust—problems that the Act would only exacerbate,” they wrote.

“Should the Act become law, we will seek legal remedies to protect the Constitution, the sovereignty of all states, our elections, and the rights of our citizens,” they vowed.

Pelosi praised the lower chamber for passing the bill on Thursday, describing it as a “giant step for democracy.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/04/hillary-clinton-democrats-election-transformation-bill-is-once-in-a-generation-opportunity/

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
This abomination will pass the Senate.  If Mittens and Sassy don't make it happen, Camel's Butt tie-breaker vote will get it through.

This is why the GOP wanted to lose the Senate and the White House.   So they would never again be forced to confront the prospect of choosing between their Wall Street Masters and their voters.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
This abomination will pass the Senate.  If Mittens and Sassy don't make it happen, Camel's Butt tie-breaker vote will get it through.

This is why the GOP wanted to lose the Senate and the White House.   So they would never again be forced to confront the prospect of choosing between their Wall Street Masters and their voters.

@Sled Dog

Yeah,causen there just ain't NUTHIN professional pols like better than losing power.

Good call!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline skeeter

With the Congress so evenly split there’s no reason the GOP shouldnt be fighting this crap for all they’re worth. It’s like they’re not even there.

Offline Mesaclone

This isn't a reconciliation bill...so 60 votes is a big mountain to climb. This thing dies in the Senate.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
With the Congress so evenly split there’s no reason the GOP shouldnt be fighting this crap for all they’re worth. It’s like they’re not even there.

@skeeter

The problem seems to me to be that so many alleged Republican career politicians have carved out a career for themselves as the "lovable underdogs". The Dims that win when they go up against thing give them a cut of the take,and everybody in DC is happy with the arrangement. When the Dims promote something they don't really want but their voters have pushed them into putting it up for a vote,they know they can count on their tame pubbies to kill the bill for them,saving the Dims face at home "Ah tried yall,but them dastardly Republicans wouldn't let us have it cause they racist/selfish/etc,etc,etc."

It is definitely a "I'll scratch your back if you scratch my back" atmosphere in DC with all but the tip top leadership,who have to pretend to be devout.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Hillary Clinton needs to just crawl back under her rock and stay there!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
Hillary Clinton needs to just crawl back under her rock and stay there!
Yes!! Just the the hell up Hillary!

Offline skeeter

@skeeter

The problem seems to me to be that so many alleged Republican career politicians have carved out a career for themselves as the "lovable underdogs". The Dims that win when they go up against thing give them a cut of the take,and everybody in DC is happy with the arrangement. When the Dims promote something they don't really want but their voters have pushed them into putting it up for a vote,they know they can count on their tame pubbies to kill the bill for them,saving the Dims face at home "Ah tried yall,but them dastardly Republicans wouldn't let us have it cause they racist/selfish/etc,etc,etc."

It is definitely a "I'll scratch your back if you scratch my back" atmosphere in DC with all but the tip top leadership,who have to pretend to be devout.
I hope that’s the case with this immigration bullsh*t. It is the only issue with the potential to ruin the country permanently.