Author Topic: A Democrat-controlled Senate Spells Doom for Kamala Harris  (Read 267 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
A Democrat-controlled Senate Spells Doom for Kamala Harris
« on: January 08, 2021, 02:15:45 am »
American Thinker by Byron Lafayette 1/7/2021

Many in the Republican Party were dismayed to hear about the twin losses the GOP suffered in Georgia yesterday, which saw both Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue defeated. This leaves the U.S. Senate split 50/50 on both the Democratic and Republican side, with Vice President Kamala Harris being responsible for casting the tie-breaking vote.

A split Senate is very rare, and indeed has only happened three times in the nation's history, with the most recent time being in 2001, when it was split for only six months. A previous time was in 1954 due to a senator’s death and lasted only a few months. The third time was in 1881 and lasted the full two years.

Now, many will say, well, this is not a big deal, as the Democrats control the Senate only due to Harris casting the tie-breaking vote and that is that. However, as I showed above this is truly unprecedented as we have not had a tied-up Senate that lasted for two years since 1881. The reason I am bringing this up is due to the untenable position this places Vice President Kamala Harris in. In fact, I would venture to say that the Democrats sweeping the Georgia races could in fact be the political doom of Kamala Harris and has effectively ended her career as a politician after her tenure as vice president is finished.

More: https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/01/a_democratcontrolled_senate_spells_doom_for_kamala_harris.html

Offline Idiot

Re: A Democrat-controlled Senate Spells Doom for Kamala Harris
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 03:25:12 am »
How is this even close to a split Senate?  Mitt Romney is basically a democrat, as are Susan Collins and what's her name from Alaska.  The Dems will have free reign and won't even need Harris. This will be like Christmas for the Dems....they'll be working their way down their laundry lists with absolutely no one to stop them.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 03:26:48 am by mrpotatohead »

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 03:48:42 am »
Perhaps I am wrong, but I thought it required 60 votes in the Senate to pass legislation, and not a simple majority.  If this is still correct, then the Senate will not be passing much of anything unless it is a bi-partisan effort.

And last but not least, the author of this article is an idiot.  He assumes Harris will remain VP for four years.  That will not happen.  Biden will stay in office for 1 - 2 years, and retire for health reasons.  She will become POTUS, and lock her position into place and could well win two more terms and be the longest serving president since FDR.  That is a more real scenario.

Biden has clearly displayed advancing senility.  Every day that goes by, his feeble being will continue to worsen.  At some point, we will not see him, we will see his wife, or some other spokesperson.  Eventually, after they have stretched it as long as they can, he will retire. 

With the cheating mechanisms in place for elections, I can easily see her hold office for 10 - 11 years.  The people of the USA are every bit that dumb, and if they make citizens of the 30 - 50 million illegal invading aliens, the Dems will hold the presidency for ever.

I equate Harris in the POTUS role as a T-ball player being sent onto the field with pro ball players.  It spells one thing for certain, absolute disaster for USA citizens. 
 :yowsa:

Offline Idiot

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 03:51:41 am »
Perhaps I am wrong, but I thought it required 60 votes in the Senate to pass legislation, and not a simple majority.  If this is still correct, then the Senate will not be passing much of anything unless it is a bi-partisan effort.

And last but not least, the author of this article is an idiot.  He assumes Harris will remain VP for four years.  That will not happen.  Biden will stay in office for 1 - 2 years, and retire for health reasons.  She will become POTUS, and lock her position into place and could well win two more terms and be the longest serving president since FDR.  That is a more real scenario.

Biden has clearly displayed advancing senility.  Every day that goes by, his feeble being will continue to worsen.  At some point, we will not see him, we will see his wife, or some other spokesperson.  Eventually, after they have stretched it as long as they can, he will retire. 

With the cheating mechanisms in place for elections, I can easily see her hold office for 10 - 11 years.  The people of the USA are every bit that dumb, and if they make citizens of the 30 - 50 million illegal invading aliens, the Dems will hold the presidency for ever.

I equate Harris in the POTUS role as a T-ball player being sent onto the field with pro ball players.  It spells one thing for certain, absolute disaster for USA citizens. 
 :yowsa:
Being the majority means you can change the rules.....

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 01:01:17 am »
Kamala may be hurt, but meanwhile America burns.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington