Author Topic: Trump condemns riots, says he will focus on transition in taped remarks  (Read 485 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump condemns riots, says he will focus on transition in taped remarks
By Brett Samuels and Morgan Chalfant - 01/07/21 07:29 PM EST

President Trump on Thursday said he would focus on ensuring a smooth transition to the incoming Biden administration following violent attacks by a mob of his supporters that stormed the Capitol Wednesday.

Trump, in taped remarks released on social media, condemned the violence that unfolded at the Capitol building but did not specifically name a group that caused the mayhem.

Trump called for calm, and for the first time, he said publicly that it was time to move on from the 2020 election.

"We have just been through an intense election and emotions are high," he said. "But now tempers must be cooled and calm restored."

"A new administration will be inaugurated on Jan. 20. My focus now turns to ensuring a smooth orderly and seamless transition of power. This moment calls for healing and reconciliation," Trump added.

pic.twitter.com/csX07ZVWGe
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 8, 2021

The remarks are the president's first acknowledgement of electoral defeat.

Trump acknowledged the finality of his time in office, saying it had been “the honor of my lifetime”  to serve as president, though he still did not address his repeated claims about widespread fraud.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/533272-trump-says-he-will-focus-on-transition-in-taped-remarks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump condemns riots, says he will focus on transition in taped remarks
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2021, 12:58:00 am »
I guess this is his concession.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2021, 01:46:02 am »
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem.

I immediately deployed the National Guard and federal law enforcement to secure the building and expel the intruders. America is and must always be a nation of law and order.

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/1/8/donald-trumps-video-statement-on-capital-riot-full-transcript

Well said, Mr. President. That rabble didn't represent you, sir. Well said. :patriot:
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 01:55:47 am »
I guess this is his concession.

Trump took it as far as he could.  Some may question him doing so,  but I think it was the best course to keep most of the base with him.  Had he given up too early, most would have abandoned him.   As I see it,  he lives to fight another day.

My advice is, take some time off, relax,  stay out of the limelight, and let things take their course.   I have a feeling it won't be long until Biden gets things in such a mess, people will forget a lot of Trump's negatives.

And if the Rats try to go after Trump,    all I can say is, they will do it at their peril.