Author Topic: Pence 'angry' after Trump says he 'didn't have the courage' to overturn election, Inhofe says  (Read 571 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I think Pence may cave and IMO Pence has never been on team Trump.  I think he took the job prodded by the GOPe to keep Trump in check and maybe told at some point in time they would be able to remove Trump and he would become president.  As energetic, tenacious, and motivated as Trump is, Pence was boring, passive and never showed enthusiasm for Trump's ideas, nor displayed the motivation to keep this country moving in a positive direction.

If Pence was so opposed to the idea, he could have simply addressed the American people and the Senate and set the record straight that he didn't believe he have the authority to overturn the election but he could have grown a pair and sent the votes back to the states.

Pence 'angry' after Trump says he 'didn't have the courage' to overturn election, Inhofe says

Longtime lawmaker Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., said he'd never seen Vice President Pence as "angry" as he was when President Trump pressured him to decertify and return the results of the presidential election back to the states.

Trump on Wednesday slammed Pence, saying he "didn’t have the courage" to do so.

"I’ve known Mike Pence forever," Inhofe told Tulsa World. "I’ve never seen Pence as angry as he was today."

"I had a long conversation with him," said Inhofe. "He said, 'After all the things I’ve done for (Trump).'"
Vice President Mike Pence and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., read the final certification of Electoral College votes cast in November's presidential election during a joint session of Congress after working through the night, at the Capitol in Washington, Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite, Pool)

Vice President Mike Pence and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., read the final certification of Electoral College votes cast in November's presidential election during a joint session of Congress after working through the night, at the Capitol in Washington, Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite, Pool) (AP)

Inhofe also criticized the president.

"Republicans have always been for states’ rights," Inhofe told Tulsa World. "Democrats are the ones who always tried to nationalize elections."

Pence presided over a joint session of Congress Wednesday to certify the Electoral College results. He said just before the session began that, despite the pressure from the president, he does not believe that he "unilaterally" has the ability to accept or reject electoral votes.

The president insisted that Pence had the power to decertify the results of the 2020 presidential election........

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pence-angry-trump-overturn-election-jim-inhofe
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 09:17:22 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Change your name to Benedict, jackass. Your anger is a droplet in the ocean compared to America's.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

Change your name to Benedict, jackass. Your anger is a droplet in the ocean compared to America's.
Pence had no power to change anything. He was strictly a functionary doing his stated constitutional duty.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
The anger in the country is righteous, but this is simply Trump's self-serving idiocy on parade; the limits of his cognition are bounded by his own ego.

The last thing we need is a VP with the authority simply to ignore state-certified EVs.  D legislators in every state will send their own slates of electors to Congress without regard for actual vote totals, and Kamala Harris (or whoever she appoints when Biden is forced out) will systematically count only those slates.

*Every* substantive, non-ceremonial step in the electoral process will be gamed and cheated by the Ds.  When we turn a ceremonial step into a substantive step we just give them more opportunities to cheat.
James 1:20

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The anger in the country is righteous, but this is simply Trump's self-serving idiocy on parade; the limits of his cognition are bounded by his own ego.

The last thing we need is a VP with the authority simply to ignore state-certified EVs.  D legislators in every state will send their own slates of electors to Congress without regard for actual vote totals, and Kamala Harris (or whoever she appoints when Biden is forced out) will systematically count only those slates.

*Every* substantive, non-ceremonial step in the electoral process will be gamed and cheated by the Ds.  When we turn a ceremonial step into a substantive step we just give them more opportunities to cheat.

Ummm, exactly what did you think the protest was about?  and it wasn't just the Ds, but those in GA who sold out to the Chinese and Dominion.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Imagine a world in which Mike Pence hadn't insisted Mike Flynn be fired for "lying" to him .....

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Ummm, exactly what did you think the protest was about?  and it wasn't just the Ds, but those in GA who sold out to the Chinese and Dominion.

Good catch @Smokin Joe, but I think my point is still clear even if poorly-stated.  However I'll try again : if the VP can choose which slates of electors to recognize, the D party in every state will send its own slate of D electors and any D VP will systematically count only those D electors.

Advocating that Pence has a substantive role in the EV counting and can exercise discretion in selecting the EVs means advocating that Harris, or the replacement she appoints, can do the same in 2024.  I'm pretty sure you don't want that.
James 1:20