Author Topic: Pelosi calls on Capitol Police chief to resign after riot  (Read 160 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi calls on Capitol Police chief to resign after riot
« on: January 07, 2021, 07:51:35 pm »
Pelosi calls on Capitol Police chief to resign after riot
By Cristina Marcos - 01/07/21 02:40 PM EST

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) on Thursday called for the resignation of the head of Capitol Police and announced that another security official would step down following the rioting at the Capitol the previous day.

Pelosi said during a news conference that she has yet to hear from Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund since Wednesday's events, when a pro-Trump mob overwhelmed officers and swarmed the building.

"I think we have to have a full review," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol.

"What was underestimated? That the president of the United States would not be as inciteful? Perhaps somebody thought for a moment that he would be patriotic before he leaves office for just this once," she said.

The Speaker said that the House sergeant at arms, Paul Irving, would step down. He has served in the role since January 2012. Sund, meanwhile, assumed his role as Capitol Police chief last June.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/533193-pelosi-calls-on-capitol-police-chief-to-resign-after-riot
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Pelosi calls on Capitol Police chief to resign after riot
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 07:54:45 pm »
Too bad the guy yesterday who used Nan's desk as a foot rest, didn't use it as a piece of toilet paper instead.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.