Author Topic: DC Guard to erect 7-foot 'non-scalable fence' around Capitol following violent riots  (Read 444 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DC Guard to erect 7-foot 'non-scalable fence' around Capitol following violent riots
By Ellen Mitchell - 01/07/21 02:18 PM EST

A new 7-foot fence will be erected around the U.S. Capitol grounds following the violent attack on the area by supporters of President Trump on Wednesday, according to Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy.

McCarthy said Thursday that the Army National Guard at 9 a.m. began “erecting a 7-foot non-scalable fence” along a perimeter that includes Constitution Ave. NE to the north of the grounds, Independence Ave. SE to the south, 1st St. SE to the east and 1st St NW in the front of the building facing west.

He added that the fence would be up for a minimum of 30 days — a period that includes the Jan. 20 inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden.

“Yesterday was a horrible and shameful day in our history,” McCarthy said during a news conference with Washington, D.C., officials including Mayor Muriel Bowser (D).

He said Bowser’s office called Pentagon leaders on Wednesday afternoon regarding the breach at the Capitol and the officials “quickly worked to move our resources forward in support of [Metropolitan Police Department (MPD)] and the Capitol Police.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/533183-dc-guard-to-erect-7-foot-non-scalable-fence-around-capitol-following-violent
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump should build this wall.... :bolt:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Knee jerk much?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline GrouchoTex

LOL, right?
So now they are into walls?

Offline Victoria33

@libertybele

I saw the fence going up, comment was it is 8 ft. tall, maybe it is set 1 foot into the ground with 7 feet showing?  Also saw huge trucks with completed walls stacked together. Fence appears to be dark red.  I have not been to the capitol, so do not know how that area looks, but appears to me if this fence makes the place "safer", leave it there.

That window these people broke appears to be close to the doors into the House of Representatives.  Either put inside bars on the window or replace the window with solid wall.  Hmm, after thinking, close it entirely with wall as bad guys could throw bombs, etc., through bars after breaking the window. 

It is about 3:30 pm central time, Thursday, and I heard the Chief of Capital Police and Metropolitan Police have been either fired or has quit.

Years ago, I knew a man who had been a sheriff's deputy, and when we were at lunch or dinner, he always sat against a wall not far from the door and looked around to see where the back entrance was.  Always be prepared.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 09:36:21 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline dfwgator

"Walls and Wheels."

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
A non-scalable fence? I'll believe that when a bunch of illegals can't get over it.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Good.

All 535 of them are hyenas that will live like they are in a zoo.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"A new 7-foot fence will be erected around the U.S. Capitol grounds following the violent attack on the area by supporters of President Trump on Wednesday"

Oh, brother...
Or more correctly, Oh, Big Brother...

Why not build a wall around it, and let it become the New American Kremlin...?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Of the people, by the people and for the people... and now separated from the people.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
To think, George Washington turned down a guard unit, preferring to rely on the goodwill of the people, and these pissants all want to hide in their newly gated community like rulers in a castle.

Vote the B@st@rds out. All of them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline FeelNoPain

• Could have ended QAnon with a tweet.
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump Jun 23, 2020
"I have authorized the Federal Government to arrest anyone who vandalizes or destroys any monument, statue or other such Federal property in the U.S. with up to 10 years in prison, per the Veteran’s Memorial Preservation Act, or such other laws that may be pertinent. This action is taken effective immediately, but may also be used retroactively for destruction or vandalism already caused. There will be no exceptions!"

LAW & ORDER, baby!
"I’d like to begin by addressing the heinous attack on the United States Capitol. Like all Americans I am outraged by the violence, lawlessness and mayhem...

To demonstrators who infiltrated the Capitol: you have defiled the seat of American democracy. To those who engage in the acts of violence and destruction: you do not represent our country. And to those who broke the law: you will pay." - President Donald J. Trump, January 7th, 2021