Author Topic: Pelosi: Trump should be removed immediately..[Congress will impeach]  (Read 3149 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pelosi: Trump should be removed immediately
By Mike Lillis and Scott Wong - 01/07/21 02:14 PM EST

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that Washington policymakers should act immediately to remove President Trump from office just two weeks before his term ends, citing "seditious" acts related to the president's role in encouraging the assault on the U.S. Capitol a day earlier.

Pelosi said Vice President Mike Pence should invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump immediately. Short of that, she said, the House will impeach him for a second time.

Bloomberg
@business
BREAKING: Nancy Pelosi calls for the 25th Amendment to be invoked by Mike Pence to remove Donald Trump from office.

She says Congress is prepared to proceed with impeachment if it is not http://

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/533180-pelosi-trump-should-be-removed-immediately
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Pelosi: Trump should be removed immediately..[Congress will impeach]
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 07:39:53 pm »
Pelosi: Trump should be removed immediately
By Mike Lillis and Scott Wong - 01/07/21 02:14 PM EST

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that Washington policymakers should act immediately to remove President Trump from office just two weeks before his term ends, citing "seditious" acts related to the president's role in encouraging the assault on the U.S. Capitol a day earlier.

Pelosi said Vice President Mike Pence should invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Trump immediately. Short of that, she said, the House will impeach him for a second time.

Bloomberg
@business
BREAKING: Nancy Pelosi calls for the 25th Amendment to be invoked by Mike Pence to remove Donald Trump from office.

She says Congress is prepared to proceed with impeachment if it is not http://

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/533180-pelosi-trump-should-be-removed-immediately

It's not the first time that I've read a similar report and it will be interesting to see what Pence will do.  I think Pence will follow through with Pelosi's wish.

As far as impeachment ... they'll try again ... only this time I think most Senators will sadly be onboard.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 07:49:31 pm »
Someone should be impeached, Pelosi, who has done nothing but encourage Antifa all year long.  Antifa is a force supported by the Democommies.

If Republicans go through with impeaching Trump, they deserve to be ended as a political party.  We are going to have only one in power anyway, which will undo the Republicans with new states, packed courts, etc.  They will do it all to ensure their power is solidified forever.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 08:02:06 pm »
Pelosi calls for 25th Amendment, impeachment to remove Trump

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called for President Trump's immediate removal from office by way of the 25th Amendment for inciting a violent riot at the Capitol Wednesday in an attempt to stop the counting of President-elect Joe Biden's win.

She joins with Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., in urging Vice President Mike Pence and the cabinet to remove Trump from office immediately, calling him "a very dangerous person" who committed an "act of sedition."

Pelosi said if Pence won't act, the House is prepared to impeach Trump again.

"The president has committed an unspeakable assault on our nation and our people," Pelosi said Thursday, a day after a pro-Trump supporters took over the U.S. Capitol.

"I joined the Senate Democratic Leader in calling on the vice president to remove this president by immediately invoking the 25th amendment. If the Vice President and cabinet do not, the Congress may be prepared to move forward with impeachment."

"The President of the United States incited an insurrection against America," Pelosi added.

This is a breaking story. Check back for updates.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pelosi-25th-amendment-impeachment-trump
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online LMAO

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 08:11:14 pm »
 These people with her phony out rage rings extremely hollow with me

Wasn’t she asked about the rioters this summer and her reply was  “they’re going to do what they’re gonna do?”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 08:12:05 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1RK8HwweTQ

I refuse to watch or listen to her.  She'll be stepping down sooner or later anyways and it will be a good day for the American people.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 08:13:27 pm »
Can a President pardon himself?...I don't think so

but he can issue pardons to everyone he thinks will need one, resign and have Pence pardon him...then get the hell out of DC

If he stays he will be impeached or the 25th Amendment activated
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 08:13:39 pm »
Maybe the one bad thing about this Pandemic ending is we have to start looking at her fugly face.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 08:14:44 pm »
These people are crazy and dangerous

MSNBC's Scarborough Calls for Arrests of Trump, Giuliani, Don Jr.
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/scarborough-msnbc-giuliani-don-jr/2021/01/07/id/1004647/
Support the USO

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 08:14:50 pm »

but he can issue pardons to everyone he thinks will need one, resign and have Pence pardon him...then get the hell out of DC

I thought the pre-emptive pardon was never settled on whether or it even it was constitutional or not?

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2021, 08:15:57 pm »

I don't know that he could trust Pence for a pardon, all things considered.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 08:17:37 pm »

After words from Pence yesterday, I'd say the chance of a pardon is infinitesimally small.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 08:22:15 pm »

Yeah, I agree.. :crying:
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 08:38:23 pm »
Graham: Trump's legacy 'tarnished,' but not supportive yet of 25th Amendment
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533205-graham-trumps-legacy-tarnished-but-not-supportive-yet-of-25th-amendment
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 08:40:19 pm »
No pardon for Trump

In the wake of yesterday’s breach of the Capitol, Vice President Mike Pence should clearly state that he will not grant a pardon to President Trump if Trump resigns before the inaugural of President-elect Joe Biden.

In a column in November, I predicted Trump would resign, and Pence would pardon him. I continue to believe that this was exactly Trump’s plan — and that it is possible the president’s recent tensions with Pence might be related.

While Trump has a long history of accusing political opponents of crimes including treason, his conduct since the day after the 2020 election may well qualify as sedition, according to some legal experts. While this case would have to be proven under due process of law, it should be unpardonable as a matter of patriotism and principle.

If a president could constitutionally pardon himself, that president would be literally above the law. He could in theory commit any federal crime and pardon himself afterward. The power of a presidential self-pardon would make that president an effective monarch, a dictator, a despot — something the Founding Fathers would never have accepted or intended.

There is a distinct difference between a presidential pardon by Pence and a presidential self-pardon by Trump. While in either case a pardoned Trump could be subpoenaed to testify under oath with no defense of self-incrimination, in a Pence pardon, the courts would rule that previous potential crimes before the pardon could not be prosecuted. In a self-pardon, crimes prior to the pardon could be prosecuted if the Supreme Court rules that a self-pardon is invalid.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/533143-no-pardon-for-trump
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2021, 10:07:40 pm »
This intrigues me. What is the reason for removing a president with 13 days left on his term? A final humiliation, or to strip him of his security clearances as soon as they possibly can?

I was hoping there'd be another ten or twenty good years before the statists completely effed everything up and brought on a murdering police state, but its looking like they're fast tracking it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 10:09:28 pm by skeeter »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2021, 10:57:49 pm »
Support the USO

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2021, 12:12:59 am »
This intrigues me. What is the reason for removing a president with 13 days left on his term? A final humiliation, or to strip him of his security clearances as soon as they possibly can?

I was hoping there'd be another ten or twenty good years before the statists completely effed everything up and brought on a murdering police state, but its looking like they're fast tracking it.

Pure Orange Man hatred.  They are freaking blinded by it.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2021, 12:22:11 am »

IMO, definitely not.  I have always not trusted Pence. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 12:30:44 am »

Trump IS still the President. He could do a lot in the remaining 13 days -- Trump has a bone to pick right now with Iran because they have threatened us because of Soleimani. Iraq is also making threats against Trump. 

Remember Trump disrupted the Iran/Kerry nuke deal.  Trump has played nice with Israel; something that the Obama/Biden regime was dead set against.

Trump has very few people that he can depend on right now but he's still Commander in Chief and the leftists are still afraid of him.  I think that is very obvious.

The FBI is now deciding whether or not to arrest him --the left is still paranoid of him...BIGLY.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2021, 01:04:19 am »
Pelosi, Schumer say they haven't heard from Pence on invoking 25th Amendment
By Jordain Carney - 01/07/21 07:57 PM EST

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Senate Democratic Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said on Thursday evening that Vice President Mike Pence has not yet returned their call, after they reached out to discuss invoking the 25th Amendment.

“This morning, we placed a call to Vice President Pence to urge him to invoke the 25th Amendment which would allow the Vice President and a majority of the Cabinet to remove the President for his incitement of insurrection and the danger he still poses. We have not yet heard back from the Vice President," the two congressional Democratic leaders said in a joint statement.

“The President’s dangerous and seditious acts necessitate his immediate removal from office. We look forward to hearing from the Vice President as soon as possible and to receiving a positive answer as to whether he and the Cabinet will honor their oath to the Constitution and the American people," they added.
ADVERTISEMENT

Their joint statement comes after Schumer and Pelosi separately offered public support earlier Thursday for invoking the 25th Amendment, an extraordinary step that would require a majority of Cabinet officials plus Pence to declare to Congress that Trump is unable to fulfill his duties as president.

Dozens of congressional Democrats and a handful of GOP officials have thrown their support behind invoking the 25th amendment.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533276-pelosi-schumer-say-they-havent-heard-from-pence-on-invoking-25th-amendment
Support the USO

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2021, 01:05:58 am »
Kinda hard for Pelosi to start IMpea ament proceedings when she's recessed the House until after the inauguration.

And also like I said in another post:

Trump should actually embrace a new round of Impeachment hearings and debate about the 25th Amendment under one condition...he remains in office as President until the entire process has run its course.   Biden can’t take office until due process has run its course.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!