Author Topic: Lawmakers say work certifying Biden win to continue tonight  (Read 330 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Lawmakers say work certifying Biden win to continue tonight
« on: January 06, 2021, 11:58:47 pm »
Lawmakers say work certifying Biden win to continue tonight
By Mike Lillis - 01/06/21 06:01 PM EST

Despite the extraordinary violence and chaos that struck the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, lawmakers in both parties and both chambers said Congress will continue the work of certifying Joe Biden's presidential victory later in the evening.

"I have faced violent hatred before," House Majority Whip James Clyburn (D-S.C.) said in a tweet. "I was not deterred then, and I will not be deterred now. Tonight, Congress will continue the business of certifying the electoral college votes."

In the upper chamber, Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.) said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is also telling senators to expect the process to continue Wednesday night.

"We're going to finish tonight. Everyone is committed to staying whatever it takes to get our job done," said Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.).

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533008-lawmakers-say-they-expect-work-certifying-biden-win-to-continue-tonight
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34