Author Topic: Mitch McConnell: Overturning Election Results Would Cause ‘Death Spiral’ for U.S.  (Read 1918 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitch McConnell: Overturning Election Results Would Cause ‘Death Spiral’ for U.S.

Joshua Caplan 6 Jan 2021

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said Wednesday that Congress certifying President Donald Trump as the winner of the 2020 presidential election would result in a “death spiral” for the United States.

McConnell made his remarks on the Senate floor as the upper chamber began debating an objection to the certification of Arizona’s electoral results.

“If this election were overturned by mere allegations from the losing side, our democracy would enter a death spiral,” he said. “We’d never see our country accept an election again.”

more w/full speech video
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/06/mitch-mcconnell-overturning-election-results-would-cause-death-spiral-for-u-s/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

OMG, the leader of the maggots can't bury the GOP deep enough or fast enough. 

Offline dfwgator

Beijing Mitch has spoken.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Mitch McConnell: Overturning Election Results Would Cause ‘Death Spiral’ for U.S."

Au contraire, Mr. McConnell.
It's you and yours who have just put us into that death spiral...

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Mitch McConnell: Overturning Election Results Would Cause ‘Death Spiral’ for U.S.

Joshua Caplan 6 Jan 2021

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said Wednesday that Congress certifying President Donald Trump as the winner of the 2020 presidential election would result in a “death spiral” for the United States.

McConnell made his remarks on the Senate floor as the upper chamber began debating an objection to the certification of Arizona’s electoral results.

“If this election were overturned by mere allegations from the losing side, our democracy would enter a death spiral,” he said. “We’d never see our country accept an election again.”

more w/full speech video
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/06/mitch-mcconnell-overturning-election-results-would-cause-death-spiral-for-u-s/

He's 100% right.

Offline dfwgator

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Deep Staters speak in fluent opposites.  What McConnell was actually saying was;  NOT Overturning Election Results Would Cause ‘Death Spiral’ for U.S.  Helping McConnell was Lewinsky Pence who put politics before Godliness/Christian beliefs. He has had surprising excuses and rationalizations made for him by the deep Staters.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline bilo

We're already in a death spiral.

:amen:

We have been in a death spiral for a long time. There are two competing views of how govt., should function. One group (leftists) want a centralized all powerful govt to control every aspect of our lives. The other group (conservatives) want a small govt that only exists to protect our individual liberties.

While the media and politicians "clutch their pearls" I can't help but think if the Trump supporters really wanted to inflict violence it would have been much worse.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline skeeter

We have been in a death spiral for a long time. There are two competing views of how govt., should function. One group (leftists) want a centralized all powerful govt to control every aspect of our lives. The other group (conservatives) want a small govt that only exists to protect our individual liberties.

While the media and politicians "clutch their pearls" I can't help but think if the Trump supporters really wanted to inflict violence it would have been much worse.
Frankly I’m kinda looking forward to sitting back and throwing spitballs like some of our resident never trumpers have been for the past four years from now on.

• Technical
We're already in a death spiral.

Maybe your life is. Mine is doing great. I love my family, my new baby, and my life in this wonderful country.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
A line was drawn today. One side has 3 billion rounds. The other side cant figure out what restroom to should use.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bilo

Frankly I’m kinda looking forward to sitting back and throwing spitballs like some of our resident never trumpers have been for the past four years from now on.

I don't think people realize what a lost opportunity Trump leaving office is. He's the first American President we've had in a long time.

I hope he uses his popularity to get rid of as many weak kneed Pubs as possible.

Offline corbe

It's safer and cheaper than Valium.   :beer:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

I don't think people realize what a lost opportunity Trump leaving office is. He's the first American President we've had in a long time.

I hope he uses his popularity to get rid of as many weak kneed Pubs as possible.
Yeah I think that’ll suit him. He’ll make a great renegade.

Offline skeeter

It's safer and cheaper than Valium.   :beer:
I will definitely take your word for it.

Online libertybele

When Trump leaves, he's gone.  I don't anticipate nor expect him to continue in any way politically.  If he continues they will continue to pursue him legally until they find reason to lock him up.  He doesn't need the headaches.

We are headed for a royal disaster; one which Trump tried to help us avoid. 

He has enough money to live out the rest of his years very comfortably. Let him be.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

"Mitch McConnell: Overturning Election Results Would Cause ‘Death Spiral’ for U.S."

Au contraire, Mr. McConnell.
It's you and yours who have just put us into that death spiral...

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Maybe your life is. Mine is doing great. I love my family, my new baby, and my life in this wonderful country.
Making it all the more curious why you spend time here calling posters names.

Offline corbe

IMHO, Trump is NOT going quietly into the night, @libertybele  The question is will he use his prominent stage to advance his American First agenda or will it just cause further disarray and chaos, history tells me the latter is more apt to occur.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline bilo

When Trump leaves, he's gone.  I don't anticipate nor expect him to continue in any way politically.  If he continues they will continue to pursue him legally until they find reason to lock him up.  He doesn't need the headaches.

He has enough money to live out the rest of his years very comfortably. Let him be.

He does have a great fortune and had even more before he became President. If he decides to ride off into the sunset I would respect his wishes. If decides he's not done I will support him to the best of my ability.

The disaster that's coming will not just be financial. I expect we will have about a 6 month sugar high with stimulus, but as regulations start kicking in and taxes get increased you can expect the economy to decline. Even worse the amnesty that will be pushed through and States that may be added will guarantee one party rule for a long time.

• Technical

:shrug: Maybe, but he lost the election. When you lose the election you don't get to remain president, even if you don't want it to happen.

If you like him so much, maybe he'll run in 2024 and you can vote for him again.

What were you expecting, for Pence/SCOTUS to on a whim hand him the Presidency even though he lost the electoral vote? That's insane.

Trump pursued every legal avenue and lost. He needs to go and we need to move on. If someone stole the election, they need to face charges.  Dominion CEO is suing people, maybe that's a place to start.

• Technical
Making it all the more curious why you spend time here calling posters names.

You really think a Civil War in the country wouldn't make things worse? We live a great life in first world countries, despite all the problems. And yes, even people in Democrat cities/areas (less true after BLM antifa, but still true, see property values). Lots of "patriots" live in places like NYC (staten island) or illinois or california.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 10:19:23 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline LMAO

You really think a Civil War in the country wouldn't make things worse? We live a great life in first world countries, despite all the problems. And yes, even people in Democrat cities/areas (less true after BLM antifa, but still true, see property values). Lots of "patriots" live in places like NYC (staten island) or illinois or california.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

You, along with a few others, are a voice of reason in these trying times.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

No one believes that Trump loyalists are inherently violent people.   I understand their passion and anger,  given all the lies they've been fed.     But the thousands yesterday at the  Capitol who did what they did were idiots,  painting the picture of chaos and disregard for norms that will change Trump's legacy from something positive to a permanent stain that Trump will bear for the rest of his days and into history.   Their actions, in short, betrayed their leader.   

But reports this morning suggest Trump enjoyed seeing it,  oblivious to the entreaties of his aides to see the big picture and condemn the lawlessness.   Trump will ultimately be portrayed as a man driven to madness.   The good,  to paraphrase Shakespeare,  will be interred with his bones.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

This disaster yesterday was something that Trump actively encouraged.   Even as Senators were driven from their desks by a mob,  Trump refused pleas to issue a statement condemning the assault.   When he finally instructed his "people" to go home,  it was prefaced by an unscripted rant that his landslide election had been stolen.   He has been living on a different planet these last weeks. 
t
You are right about one thing -  his political career is over, by his own hand.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide