Author Topic: Facebook Blacklists Donald Trump ‘Indefinitely’  (Read 751 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Facebook Blacklists Donald Trump ‘Indefinitely’
« on: January 07, 2021, 04:49:34 pm »

Lucas Nolan7 Jan 20215,218
3:46

Following the events on Capitol Hill, Mark Zuckerberg has blacklisted President Donald Trump from the Facebook and Instagram platforms “indefinitely.”

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg stated in a recent post that following the events on Capitol Hill yesterday and President Trump’s comments on social media about the situation, Facebook would be banning the President’s access to the platform “indefinitely.”

Breitbart News reported yesterday that President Trump had been blocked from Facebook for 24 hours, now it appears that ban has been extended.

Zuckerberg stated in a Facebook post:

The shocking events of the last 24 hours clearly demonstrate that President Donald Trump intends to use his remaining time in office to undermine the peaceful and lawful transition of power to his elected successor, Joe Biden.

His decision to use his platform to condone rather than condemn the actions of his supporters at the Capitol building has rightly disturbed people in the US and around the world. We removed these statements yesterday because we judged that their effect — and likely their intent — would be to provoke further violence.

Following the certification of the election results by Congress, the priority for the whole country must now be to ensure that the remaining 13 days and the days after inauguration pass peacefully and in accordance with established democratic norms.

Over the last several years, we have allowed President Trump to use our platform consistent with our own rules, at times removing content or labeling his posts when they violate our policies. We did this because we believe that the public has a right to the broadest possible access to political speech, even controversial speech. But the current context is now fundamentally different, involving use of our platform to incite violent insurrection against a democratically elected government.

We believe the risks of allowing the President to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great. Therefore, we are extending the block we have placed on his Facebook and Instagram accounts indefinitely and for at least the next two weeks until the peaceful transition of power is complete.

Twitter is set to restore access to President Trump’s account soon following a 12-hour suspension. The site issued its harshest punishment yet to President Trump following his comments about yesterday’s protests during which protestors breached the United States Capitol.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/01/07/facebook-blacklists-donald-trump-indefinitely/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Facebook Blacklists Donald Trump ‘Indefinitely’
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 04:52:27 pm »
Bailed on FB a few months ago. Highly recommended.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 05:10:18 pm »
Bailed on FB a few months ago. Highly recommended.

I stopped using FB about 8 years ago; it's like a highschool drama room.

I don't use twitter, and never even set up an account.  I don't see any point to it.

Social media is trying to prevent Trump from any means possible staying connected to millions who support him.  That indicates to me that they are still scared to death of him and us.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 06:34:20 pm »
Facebook blacklisting Donald Trump?  Wowser!  I'll just bet you he gives up over that!   :silly:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 08:25:57 pm »
I blacklisted Facebook and twitter today!  Look for me on Parler or MeWe
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 08:29:27 pm »
Deep sixed FB more than 10 years ago, when I started seeing intrusive ads.

Everyone else should do the same to FB and Google, asap.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 08:31:50 pm »
Deep sixed FB more than 10 years ago, when I started seeing intrusive ads.

Everyone else should do the same to FB and Google, asap.

How do you deep six Google when it is on every single notebook, ipad, phone, computer, etc?  I tried Bing ... it created too many glitches.

Any advice welcomed.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 08:40:03 pm »
How do you deep six Google when it is on every single notebook, ipad, phone, computer, etc?  I tried Bing ... it created too many glitches.

Any advice welcomed.

Duck Duck here.  It might not be as inclusive as google, but it is a trade off, I'll accept.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 08:40:28 pm »
Following the events on Capitol Hill, Mark Zuckerberg has blacklisted President Donald Trump from the Facebook and Instagram platforms “indefinitely.”

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg stated in a recent post that following the events on Capitol Hill yesterday and President Trump’s comments on social media about the situation, Facebook would be banning the President’s access to the platform “indefinitely.”

Breitbart News reported yesterday that President Trump had been blocked from Facebook for 24 hours, now it appears that ban has been extended.

Zuckerberg stated in a Facebook post:

Twitter is set to restore access to President Trump’s account soon following a 12-hour suspension. The site issued its harshest punishment yet to President Trump following his comments about yesterday’s protests during which protestors breached the United States Capitol.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2021/01/07/facebook-blacklists-donald-trump-indefinitely/

I'm not on any of these social media.  Can anyone find Facebook or Twitter posts from Harris and the other Ds in support of last summer's rioting?  Perhaps they've all been deleted by now.  If found they should be held up as examples of political and media hypocrisy and these Tech execs should be confronted with them as clear examples of their double standard.

I seem to recall some kind of campaign to display black squares on websites and social media sites to prove support for BLM rioters and terrorists.  Those might also be fruitful to recover and juxtapose against images of the rioting, similar to the very effective four-panel montage @Right_in_Virginia posted here earlier today.
James 1:20

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 11:04:33 pm »
I've never had a facebook account.
I've never had a twitter account.
I've never had an account on any kind of "social media".

Tell me...
Why would YOU want to have one?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2021, 11:10:34 pm »
I've never had a facebook account.
I've never had a twitter account.
I've never had an account on any kind of "social media".

Tell me...
Why would YOU want to have one?

They would be great ways to communicate with like-minded people IF they were actually what they claim to be.  But they are not what they claim to be.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2021, 02:36:25 am »
Had FB done this three months ago, a muzzled Trump would have won IMO. The man has gone off his rocker in the past two months. I know, his base loves it, but I'm tired of the nonstop temper tantrums.

My wife and son are nearly off the reservation, too. She was all upset at Beth Van Duyne for splitting her vote yesterday between two of the states.

For me, it's a case of cabin fever. I'm seriously considering a solo road trip to Reno to see my sister...get out of town for a couple of weeks. I'd prefer to go in the spring, but eff it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 02:39:48 am by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.