General Category > Elections 2020

Georgia Senate Runoff Election: January 5, 2021

<< < (46/46)

sneakypete:

--- Quote from: BassWrangler on January 08, 2021, 11:22:29 PM ---@IsailedawayfromFR
Yep! I won't be moving back there. Looking at Tennessee and South Carolina as alternatives.

--- End quote ---

@BassWrangler

Haven't been to SC in decades,but when I was going there or through there on a fairly regular basis,it was maybe the most corrupt state in the nation. It WAS the most corrupt state I was personally aware of.

Not that is THAT much of a bad thing. For most of us,it means the worse thing that is likely to happen to the typical resident or person driving through the state is a rigged speed trap. MAYBE,if you were driving a VERY expensive car,planted drugs so they could confiscate and sell your car,but that wasn't a worry of mine at that time because everything I drove was junk bought from someone's back yard for 100 bucks or so,and rebuilt to be mechanically dependable while leaving dents and rust in place. I operated on the theory back then that if you look  poor,you are less likely to be stopped by cops looking to make additions to their dept budgets or personal banking accounts.

That theory served me well for decades.

Not that this is of much concern if you move there to live in one of those smaller towns or cities. The cops tend to do all the illegal stuff to people from out of state passing through on I-95,not locals.

mountaineer:

--- Quote from: BassWrangler on January 08, 2021, 11:22:29 PM ---Yep! I won't be moving back there. Looking at Tennessee and South Carolina as alternatives.
--- End quote ---
@BassWrangler I've heard of conservatives moving to TN. Friends of mine, both from high school and college, have moved to NC - central and coastal - and love it. I also always welcome conservatives to WV, where we pretty much leave people alone.

IsailedawayfromFR:

--- Quote from: BassWrangler on January 08, 2021, 11:22:29 PM ---@IsailedawayfromFR
Yep! I won't be moving back there. Looking at Tennessee and South Carolina as alternatives.

--- End quote ---
Both good places, as Georgia used to be.

Good luck with the move.

Just stay away from the big cities.

The fights of the future will be urbanites against the rest of us.

BassWrangler:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on January 09, 2021, 08:09:11 AM ---@BassWrangler I've heard of conservatives moving to TN. Friends of mine, both from high school and college, have moved to NC - central and coastal - and love it. I also always welcome conservatives to WV, where we pretty much leave people alone.

--- End quote ---

We considered NC, but after speaking with a coworker that lives there I eliminated it. They are pretty far down a path towards some unpleasant gun control laws.

BassWrangler:

--- Quote from: IsailedawayfromFR on January 09, 2021, 09:47:02 AM ---Both good places, as Georgia used to be.

Good luck with the move.

Just stay away from the big cities.

The fights of the future will be urbanites against the rest of us.

--- End quote ---

Thanks! We like that it's close enough that we could drive down to see my sis in Georgia.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version