General Category > Elections 2020

January 5 - January 6, 2021: From the Streets to the Halls of Congress

<< < (57/59) > >>

roamer_1:

--- Quote from: Hoodat on January 08, 2021, 11:42:56 pm ---Censorship in the interest of national security and public safety?  Words fail me.

--- End quote ---

IKnowRight? And they call Tumpy the tyrant.  **nononono*

mountaineer:
A friend of ours who was there - let's call him Dave - has provided some additional information about events of that day. He and his buddy, "Sam," arrived at the Smithsonian Metro station. I believe they listened to the president's speech near the Washington Monument, then walked along the Mall toward the Capitol.

They arrived at the reflecting pool in front of the Capitol at 2:20 p.m. They noticed six or seven identical silver and white, very clean tour buses (with the same bus co. markings) parked in the area.*

About 5 minutes later, Sam and Dave heard at least three loud "flash bangs" coming from the Independence Ave. side of the Capitol (outside, not inside, the building). Dave, a Vietnam era Army veteran, said the sounds were like "small handheld bombs."

Shortly thereafter, within a minute or so, a very large group of several dozen people appeared below the Capitol on the Independence Ave. side, and began moving with military precision, purposefully, through the crowd and pushing up the hill. The pace was "quick march" (in military jargon) and was noticeable because virtually all other people in the area were just milling around aimlessly.

Dave noticed the Trump flags, banners and signs carried by this group appeared to be brand new. Although virtually everyone who had rallied on the mall was maskless, the members of this large group of "quick marchers" were wearing bandanas and other types of face coverings.

He speculates that the group may have come from the tour buses and started marching on the signal of the flash bangs, although he admittedly did not actually see them exit the buses. He didn't see them at all until they started marching purposefully to the Capitol doors.

Around 2:40 p.m., Sam - who has contracts with some government agencies - said, "We need to get the hell out of here. I can't have my face caught on camera." So they immediately walked back to the Smithsonian stop and left DC. They were outside the whole time and never entered the Capitol itself.
*I understand the MSM later tried to say those were there for the evacuation of Congressional members and staff in case of emergency, but that doesn't seem to be the case. As I understand it, while AOC was in her bathroom in the Cannon building, there was an announcement at that office building for people to go to the "assembly area." Considering all the tunnels and underground rooms in the entire complex, I seriously doubt the plan ever was for members to walk outside to buses, instead of sheltering in the other spaces provided for them.

IsailedawayfromFR:

--- Quote from: mountaineer on February 05, 2021, 07:10:37 pm ---A friend of ours who was there - let's call him Dave - has provided some additional information about events of that day. He and his buddy, "Sam," arrived at the Smithsonian Metro station. I believe they listened to the president's speech near the Washington Monument, then walked along the Mall toward the Capitol.

They arrived at the reflecting pool in front of the Capitol at 2:20 p.m. They noticed six or seven identical silver and white, very clean tour buses (with the same bus co. markings) parked in the area.*

About 5 minutes later, Sam and Dave heard at least three loud "flash bangs" coming from the Independence Ave. side of the Capitol (outside, not inside, the building). Dave, a Vietnam era Army veteran, said the sounds were like "small handheld bombs."

Shortly thereafter, within a minute or so, a very large group of several dozen people appeared below the Capitol on the Independence Ave. side, and began moving with military precision, purposefully, through the crowd and pushing up the hill. The pace was "quick march" (in military jargon) and was noticeable because virtually all other people in the area were just milling around aimlessly.

Dave noticed the Trump flags, banners and signs carried by this group appeared to be brand new. Although virtually everyone who had rallied on the mall was maskless, the members of this large group of "quick marchers" were wearing bandanas and other types of face coverings.

He speculates that the group may have come from the tour buses and started marching on the signal of the flash bangs, although he admittedly did not actually see them exit the buses. He didn't see them at all until they started marching purposefully to the Capitol doors.

Around 2:40 p.m., Sam - who has contracts with some government agencies - said, "We need to get the hell out of here. I can't have my face caught on camera." So they immediately walked back to the Smithsonian stop and left DC. They were outside the whole time and never entered the Capitol itself.
*I understand the MSM later tried to say those were there for the evacuation of Congressional members and staff in case of emergency, but that doesn't seem to be the case. As I understand it, while AOC was in her bathroom in the Cannon building, there was an announcement at that office building for people to go to the "assembly area." Considering all the tunnels and underground rooms in the entire complex, I seriously doubt the plan ever was for members to walk outside to buses, instead of sheltering in the other spaces provided for them.

--- End quote ---
The scenario described here is very believable.

IsailedawayfromFR:

--- Quote from: XenaLee on January 09, 2021, 02:57:36 am ---Gee... that...

doesn't look like a "raid" to me.    :shrug:

--- End quote ---
Or an 'insurrection'

mountaineer:
Raheem Kassam  @RaheemKassam
WOW!  Evidence that the powers that be *KNEW in advance* that certain groups were planning to make the MAGA rally on January 6th violent.  ...they did nothing to stop it.
10:43 AM · Feb 6, 2021·

--- Quote ---‘Inconsistent, Conflicting’ And Ignored Threat Assessments Ahead of Jan 6 Capitol Attack.
    February 6, 2021
The National Pulse

A New York Times report has let the cat out of the bag: that law enforcement either knew and did nothing about the potential for violence on January 6th, or issued conflicting and inconsistent threat assessments ahead of the events at the U.S. Capitol.

The news will raise questions as to why authorities allowed a predominantly peaceful Trump speech and rally in Washington, D.C. to be infiltrated and overtaken by forces who had planned for violence in advance.

Questions will also be asked about why authorities immediately claimed President Donald Trump had “incited” the riot with his speech at the Ellipse outside the White House when we now know much of the violent behavior was pre-meditated.

The New York Times reported on Friday afternoon:
--- Quote ---On Jan. 4, the intelligence division of the U.S. Capitol Police issued a report listing all the groups known to be descending on the city… The documents show how the police and federal law enforcement agencies produced inconsistent and sometimes conflicting assessments of the threat from American citizens marching on the Capitol
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Click on link for rest of story[/url].

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version