Poll

Will the impending GOP EV Challenge 1/6/21 change anything?

Yes, I'm very Optimistic
1 (6.7%)
Yes, regardless of the outcome, it must be done!
2 (13.3%)
No, it's just more Kabuki Theatre
9 (60%)
The more things change, The more they stay the same
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: January 09, 2021, 06:51:12 pm

Author Topic: Will the impending GOP EV Challenge 1/6/21 change anything?  (Read 710 times)

Offline corbe

Will the impending GOP EV Challenge 1/6/21 change anything?
« on: January 04, 2021, 06:51:12 pm »
   Last Ditch Effort is upon US.  What say you Briefers?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Will the impending GOP EV Challenge 1/6/21 change anything?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 08:59:16 pm »
Here's where Republican senators stand on objecting to the Electoral College

by Mike Brest, Breaking News Reporter
January 04, 2021 03:39 PM

The normally perfunctory joint session of Congress where both chambers certify the Electoral College results will be anything but, as a dozen Republican senators on Wednesday plan to object to President-elect Joe Biden's victory.

Sen. Josh Hawley, a Republican from Missouri, was the first senator to announce he'd object. His announcement, which came last Wednesday, was an important domino to fall because an objection can only be heard during this joint session if it's in writing and signed by a member of both chambers of Congress.

The senator from Missouri said he would object to the certification because "some states, particularly Pennsylvania, failed to follow their own state election laws," and because of "the unprecedented effort of mega corporations, including Facebook and Twitter to interfere in this election, in support of Joe Biden."

"At the very least, Congress should investigate allegations of voter fraud and adopt measures to secure the integrity of our elections," he said, even though federal and state officials, including former Attorney General William Barr, have repeatedly said they have not seen fraud at the level necessary to influence the outcome of the election. "But Congress has so far failed to act."

In the days that followed, 11 other GOP senators announced their intention to object. The group, led by Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas, includes Sens. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee, Mike Braun of Indiana, Steve Daines of Montana, Ron Johnson of Wisconsin, John Kennedy of Louisiana, James Lankford of Oklahoma, and four Republican senators who took office on Sunday, Bill Hagerty of Tennessee, Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming, Roger Marshall of Kansas, and Tommy Tuberville of Alabama.

"Voter fraud has posed a persistent challenge in our elections, although its breadth and scope are disputed," the senators said in a statement. "By any measure, the allegations of fraud and irregularities in the 2020 election exceed any in our lifetimes."

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/where-republican-senators-stand-object-electoral-college
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: Will the impending GOP EV Challenge 1/6/21 change anything?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 01:21:36 am »
In the fine state of Georgia, at 67 years of age, I am REQUIRED to present picture ID to purchase alcohol.  If I have to do that every time I go to the grocery store and buy alcohol, the least that should happen is the same for when I go to vote.  That should be a national requirement, to present photo ID to vote.

Now in regard to anything on approving the Electoral Vote, nothing the Republicans will do will matter for a pile of beans, because of *sshats like Romney and others that will not challenge that election.

Frankly, I do not understand the legal challenge Trump and team are presenting and getting nowhere in the courts.  I have lost any respect for our government.  Truth and integrity are no longer relevant in this nation.

Having a man become POTUS that committed three separate acts of treason is a mystery to me.  For me, Biden has replaced Benedict Arnold as the consummate traitor.  Biden and the Democommies are a disgrace.

Sen Josh Hawley has grit, and I hope he has a bigger future on the national stage.