Author Topic: All living fmr. secretaries of defense co-sign concern that Trump will deploy military to stay in po  (Read 445 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
All living fmr. secretaries of defense co-sign concern that Trump will deploy military to stay in power
January 4, 2021 | Jon Dougherty

The 10 living former secretaries of defense have co-signed an op-ed published by the Washington Post on Sunday in which they warn President Donald Trump against using the military to try and remain in power.

“American elections and the peaceful transfers of power that result are hallmarks of our democracy. With one singular and tragic exception that cost the lives of more Americans than all of our other wars combined, the United States has had an unbroken record of such transitions since 1789, including in times of partisan strife, war, epidemics, and economic depression,” they wrote, in reference to the Civil War.

“This year should be no exception,” said the op-ed signed by Ashton Carter, Dick Cheney, William Cohen, Mark Esper, Robert Gates, Chuck Hagel, James Mattis, Leon Panetta, William Perry, and Donald Rumsfeld.

“Our elections have occurred. Recounts and audits have been conducted. Appropriate challenges have been addressed by the courts. Governors have certified the results. And the electoral college has voted. The time for questioning the results has passed; the time for the formal counting of the electoral college votes, as prescribed in the Constitution and statute, has arrived,” the op-ed continues.

“As senior Defense Department leaders have noted, ‘there’s no role for the U.S. military in determining the outcome of a U.S. election.’ Efforts to involve the U.S. armed forces in resolving election disputes would take us into dangerous, unlawful and unconstitutional territory,” they wrote.

“Civilian and military officials who direct or carry out such measures would be accountable, including potentially facing criminal penalties, for the grave consequences of their actions on our republic.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/01/04/all-living-fmr-secretaries-of-defense-co-sign-concern-that-trump-will-deploy-military-to-stay-in-power-1012361/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

The only people I hear implying use of the military to resolve the election disputes have been rats.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Merely a boogeyman conjured up by the Ds to isolate Trump and those who support him.

Very sad to see Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Gates included here.  They confuse their loyalty to the establishment ("the Swamp") with loyalty to the United States.  The lesson of Trump, which apparently still must be taught and reinforced by The Deplorables, is that these are different things.
James 1:20

Offline dfwgator

Merely a boogeyman conjured up by the Ds to isolate Trump and those who support him.

Very sad to see Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Gates included here.  They confuse their loyalty to the establishment ("the Swamp") with loyalty to the United States.  The lesson of Trump, which apparently still must be taught and reinforced by The Deplorables, is that these are different things.

The Military-Industrial Complex Ike warned us about never went away.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"All living fmr. secretaries of defense co-sign concern that Trump will deploy military to stay in power"

I've reached a point where I'll welcome ANYTHING that will stop the oncoming American communism in its tracks.

I don't care what means are employed, all I care about is "the end" that we must achieve:
Stop the onslaught of leftism/marism/communism, and eventually restore a republican form of government to the country.

It's no less important than is the struggle against islam.

I'll get replies to wit: "you have no principles".
No, I don't.
I'm 100% pragmatic and cynical.

I want the "communism that's coming" stopped, and I don't care how that goal is won.

I've probably earned my cell in the gulags-to-come for posting this much.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 02:02:47 am by Fishrrman »