Author Topic: We Were Laughed Out of Court because the Courts Have Become Ridiculous  (Read 582 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 4, 2021
We Were Laughed Out of Court because the Courts Have Become Ridiculous
By Robert Oscar Lopez

Conservatives who object to election fraud have found that liberals' favorite retort is "your claims have been laughed out of court."

This argument is authoritarian in its reasoning.  It defers to a juridical priesthood and allows one guild, the attorneys, to override what average people can see in front of them.  Such an argument should not stagger wise conservatives.  The latter can always draw from Plato's Republic and the debate between Socrates and Thrasymachus over whether justice is merely defined as whatever the mightiest people in society say it is.

Spoiler!  Socrates wins that debate.  That's partly why people live in free republics in many parts of the world 2,400 years later.

Juridical systems have a long and checkered history.  In researching a current book project, Traumatizing the Tongue, I spent years researching the Spanish Inquisition, the French Reign of Terror, the German Gestapo, and the Soviet gulags.  In each of these historical examples, political and social upheaval led to illogical judicial systems whose irrational decrees distorted language itself, past the point where Spanish, French, or German could fully recover.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/01/we_were_laughed_out_of_court_because_the_courts_have_become_ridiculous.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: We Were Laughed Out of Court because the Courts Have Become Ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 03:05:38 pm »

:yowsa: And there is no doubt about it as far as I'm concerned.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 03:16:44 pm »
January 4, 2021
By Robert Oscar Lopez

Conservatives who object to election fraud have found that liberals' favorite retort is "your claims have been laughed out of court."

This argument is authoritarian in its reasoning.  It defers to a juridical priesthood and allows one guild, the attorneys, to override what average people can see in front of them.  Such an argument should not stagger wise conservatives.  The latter can always draw from Plato's Republic and the debate between Socrates and Thrasymachus over whether justice is merely defined as whatever the mightiest people in society say it is.

Spoiler!  Socrates wins that debate.  That's partly why people live in free republics in many parts of the world 2,400 years later.

Juridical systems have a long and checkered history.  In researching a current book project, Traumatizing the Tongue, I spent years researching the Spanish Inquisition, the French Reign of Terror, the German Gestapo, and the Soviet gulags.  In each of these historical examples, political and social upheaval led to illogical judicial systems whose irrational decrees distorted language itself, past the point where Spanish, French, or German could fully recover.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/01/we_were_laughed_out_of_court_because_the_courts_have_become_ridiculous.html

When the judiciary refuses to consider the evidence we can all plainly see, it isn't the evidence that's inadequate, it's the judiciary.
James 1:20

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 03:55:07 pm »
Uh, no. A lot of these courts have been appointed by Trump himself.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 04:18:25 pm »

The article's primary thesis is that the American judiciary has participated in the distortion of language to the point that legal decisions no longer make any plain sense;  I've made the same argument on this board.  So it doesn't matter who appointed a judge or justice, and we don't have to assert that anyone is dishonest or politically biased; American Law has developed an arcane and counter-intuitive approach to thought and language such that it fails institutionally to serve a free and literate people.  Consequently its refusal to consider evidence of fraud does not indicate that there is no such evidence, nor that the evidence is unclear, unconvincing, or inadequate to justify action.

I've accused Trump supporters here of limitless credulity in arguing that *anything he says or does*, regardless of how stupid or narcissistic, is evidence that he's some kind of genius.  Apparently Trump supporters have not cornered the market on credulity.  What do you think it means when Pennsylvania counts 200,000 more votes than were cast, when Georgia sends observers home so that vote counting can continue with no oversight, and when districts report 99% of their votes for one candidate after their states have announced that vote counting will stop for the night?
James 1:20

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 04:42:29 pm »
We just have to admit that America has devolved into a laughingstock.
America will fall within 10 years. The world sees this. The world knows this.
And all the *enlightened, oh so holy Liberals* will lead the way to their own destruction.
Unfortunately, the rest of us will be along for the ride.

That's alright. I'm OK with it. I've died many times in my life, and lived through it somehow.
These next few years will be a wild bucking bull. But, somehow, we will get through it.
The Liberals will suffer exponentially more than us. 

They will have to digest their own ignorance and ridiculousness.
You can't fight 'reality', which is what they are doing.
Well, you can, I guess. But you will lose in the end.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 05:22:36 pm »

And for the last many years ALL of those appointed came from the same very small group of ivy league schools.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 07:23:32 pm »
And for the last many years ALL of those appointed came from the same very small group of ivy league schools.

Not Trump's fault. Only response you clowns know.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 11:27:02 pm »
240b wrote:
"They will have to digest their own ignorance and ridiculousness.
You can't fight 'reality', which is what they are doing.
Well, you can, I guess. But you will lose in the end."

The Soviet communists "fought reality" for more than 7 decades before they had to admit failure and give up. And in 1917 they began their sojourn into darkness with but a pittance of the wealth and resources we possess today.

I reckon the "American Soviets" will eventually fail here as well. But it may take them that many decades or more before they, too, are finally vanquished from power.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 01:15:38 am »
They're laughed out of court because the cases are garbage. No fraud has even been alleged.
Many of the judges on those courts are Republicans a number of them appointed by Trump.
People just can't accept facts.....Trump lost fairly and squarely.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 03:54:26 am »
They're laughed out of court because the cases are garbage. No fraud has even been alleged.
Many of the judges on those courts are Republicans a number of them appointed by Trump.
@goatprairie

HaHaHahahaahahaah
Your post made me laugh. Involuntarily and out loud.
you will make a great slave.
keep doing what you are doing
keep thinking the screwed up twisted way you think!
(you will be my housekeeper someday)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2021, 05:25:35 am »

You really need to review what you write before posting.  "No fraud alleged"? 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 05:26:58 am by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.