Author Topic: The President's Call With the Georgia Sec. of State -- a Case Study in the Media Duplicity That Pres  (Read 407 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The President's Call With the Georgia Sec. of State -- a Case Study in the Media Duplicity That Pres. Trump Has Battled From Day One
By Shipwreckedcrew | Jan 04, 2021 7:00 AM ET

A cautionary note — grab yourself a fresh cup of coffee and take a “comfort break” before you go further because reading this might take a while.

I have a ton of preparatory remarks that I want to make before I get to the lying sacks of sh!t in the media who covered this story on Sunday.

I wrote a story Sunday afternoon before I was able to listen to the recording itself.  I was writing in reaction to a dozen or more “stories” that had hit the ‘net from mainstream media outlets far and wide, reporting on the Saturday telephone call.  The reporting was consistently negative in terms of the characterization of the call, the President’s comments during the call, and the context the authors ascribed to the conversation.  I was a bit surprised by the amount of expert “commentary” that seemed to have been gathered in a very short time period.  Most of it was some form of condemnation of the President’s comments as an abuse of power, and grounds for impeachment.  Someone wrote the recorded call was the equivalent of the Nixon tapes being told to “hold my beer”.   But the Nixon tapes included conversations between a President and his close aides discussing criminal activity and how it might be covered up.  In addition, there was an 18-minute segment of the tapes that had been recorded over so the conversation at that point in the recording would never be known.

Saturday’s call???   Not only is it not in the same ballpark, it’s not even part of the same game.

To me, it was a firing offense the way the media mischaracterized the call, the purposes for the call, the comments of Pres. Trump, the comments of the officials from Georgia, and the comments of the President’s attorneys.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

https://thespectator.info/2021/01/04/the-presidents-call-with-the-georgia-sec-of-state-a-case-study-in-the-media-duplicity-that-pres-trump-has-battled-from-day-one/

The way the Democrat Media is spinning it, it sounds like Trump was asking Raffensperger to generate 11,000 new votes.  Instead, he was pointing out that the number of fraudulent votes far exceeded the 11,000 ballot margin.  Raffensperger is a crook and a stooge for the Democrat Party.  The very idea that he handed this tape over to the Washington Post of all papers speaks volumes.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

Turns out Georgia has a ‘one party consent’ law governing publication of private phone conversations
So no laws were broken when Rafensperger gave the audio to the WaPo.

It does, however, clearly reveal what kind of slimeball Republican Trump is dealing with here.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'd like to think that Rafensperger's future in the Republican party is all-but finished by his conduct in the November election and its aftermath.

He'll be a victim of his own refusal to pursue the vote fraud when the same fraud machine is used against him in future elections...

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I'd like to think that Rafensperger's future in the Republican party is all-but finished by his conduct in the November election and its aftermath.

He'll be a victim of his own refusal to pursue the vote fraud when the same fraud machine is used against him in future elections...

We're all victims of the leftists' fraud ... there won't be another even remotely fair election.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Brian Kemp and Rafensperger are both finished.  I expect Doug Collins will primary Kemp.

I attended a Trump rally where he promoted Brian Kemp for Governor of Georgia.  It was great.  Trump that is.  Kemp was boring and uninspiring.

Their political careers are over.  I expect Stacey Abrams to run again.  She will defeat Kemp, but Collins might have a shot.

Offline Hoodat

I expect Stacey Abrams to run again.  She will defeat Kemp, but Collins might have a shot.

That's where we stand.  The only shot the GOP has at holding on to the governorship next election is to beat Kemp in the primary.  Unfortunately, Georgia has its own GOP swamp.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
There is a great deal of anger in my circle of friends here.  They think Kemp is a McCain/Romney rat, so that is the kiss of death in this state.  Kemp is history.  I actually thought to write the governor to tell him to resign now.

Just finished dinner, and Tucker is running idiot clips of Biden, "we chose truth over facts'.  I could toss my cookies.  Uggh!  Four years of listening to this traitor! **nononono*

Offline goatprairie

George had three recounts as of Dec. 7th. Nothing dramatic changed. Biden still came out on top each time.
Because there was no fraud.
It's disgraceful for the POTUS to beg a state official to change votes.  But that's Trump.

Offline Hoodat

George had three recounts as of Dec. 7th. Nothing dramatic changed. Biden still came out on top each time.
Because there was no fraud.
It's disgraceful for the POTUS to beg a state official to change votes.  But that's Trump.

As someone who lives in Georgia and witnessed the fraud first hand, I strongly disagree with your Democrat talking points.