Author Topic: Oh, The GOP Base Is Moving Away...From Trump? Says Who?  (Read 208 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Oh, The GOP Base Is Moving Away...From Trump? Says Who?
« on: January 02, 2021, 04:54:07 pm »
Oh, The GOP Base Is Moving Away...From Trump? Says Who?
Matt Vespa

Posted: Jan 01, 2021 6:05 AM

Who died and made Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) the leader of the GOP? I mean, seriously, when does the Illinois Republican Party delegation get to set the direction of the party? They don’t. There is one top dog of the GOP and his name is President Donald J. Trump. He’s the leader of the party. He is the party. And he represents the populist shift in the party. We’re a right-wing populist party, folks. There is nothing wrong with that. There’s a left-wing populism engulfing the Democratic Party. On both sides, the leadership of the parties has not reflected the changes within the Republican and Democratic bases. I say this because Mr. Kinzinger says that the GOP base is moving away from Trump. Where did he say this? Well, it was on CNN, of course (via Breitbart):

Representative Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) said Wednesday on CNN’s “New Day” that President Donald Trump’s base was starting to turn on him.

Kinzinger said, “I think we have to step back and understand, you know, people that feel very disaffected, Donald Trump spoke to them, but here is the problem is up until the election, you know, it’s an election, it’s just a competition of ideas, but after an election, it has turned into an undermining of the democracy. That’s the differentiation between, you know, people that say, ‘Well, Adam, you know, was supportive of the president in the past.’ The difference here is what it’s doing to undermine our democracy and the fact, then, that people that work hard for their money, hard-working taxpayers are giving their money to this, because they are convinced because the president is telling them this that they can win, and they can’t. I mean, the scam in Congress with January 6th all these members of Congress that are, you know, posting crazy things so they can get a ton of followers and retweets and raise money, I think we have to calling it out finally because if we don’t people are just going to believe it.”

[…]

“I think they’re privately distancing more. We’ve talked about this a lot, I wish more would speak out, but I think they’re starting to. I tell you, the base is starting to turn. I get texts every day…

The 2020 election did not turn out how we liked, yes. But Donald Trump received the most votes of an incumbent president ever. Ten million more people voted for Donald Trump in 2020 than in 2016. You cannot say that the base is moving away from Trump. The base is Trump. The base wants members of the Republican Party to be more like Trump. And if Mr. Kinzinger doesn’t want to go along, that’s fine—but he shouldn’t be shocked if a primary challenger arises when he’s up for re-election.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2021/01/01/adam-kinzinger-dead-wrong-about-direction-of-gop-n2582364
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online goatprairie

Re: Oh, The GOP Base Is Moving Away...From Trump? Says Who?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 02:24:34 am »
Trump will suck The Republican Party down the maelstrom. Many people are jumping in after him.
Time to run a candidate who is not a narcissistic, egotistical boor and who can win elections.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 02:43:13 am »
Trump will suck The Republican Party down the maelstrom. Many people are jumping in after him.
Time to run a candidate who is not a narcissistic, egotistical boor and who can win elections.
Jeb is tanned, rested & ready and at your service.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 08:06:45 am »
THe GOP is going round the drain now, Trump or no Trump. It has exposed itself as only a smidgin more "conservative" than the Democrats but equally complicit (as in Georgia) in the racket that our Government has become. More people than have ever voted for an incumbent president have spoken, and the GOP has failed miserably at listening. It's comfy with all the corruption in DC so long as it gets to play along.

For the Party faithful, it's time to wake up. This isn't the Party of Ronald Reagan, even if the GOP then had enough sense to play along. Daddy Bush failed to resonate (that's putting it nicely, he was as tone deaf as a stump) and lost. Trump losing because only 75,000,000 people voted for him? No,he lost because even the GOP won't defend the Constitution and protest the blatant fraud, even in jurisdictions they supposedly control.

The Swamp is bipartisan, and that's what is sucking the GOP down, in a quicksand of its own making. Trump is as much a threat to them as he is to the Democrats, and that's because both Parties are neck deep in that pond scum.

We, The PEOPLE have delegated our power to the courts and the legislatures and they are not doing the job.

The question is one of what we are going to do about it. Make no mistake, the power they are abusing or failing to wield is OURS.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. That, to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That, whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and, accordingly, all experience has shown, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis