General Category > History

Only film known to exist of Queen Victoria

(1/3) > >>

catfish1957:
Ran across this the other day, and figured other history buffs too would find this fascinatiing.  Did not know it, but there is one known film that exists of Queen Victoria from 1900.  Here it is...

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

mystery-ak:
I've seen this before, it is really cool.

Victoria33:
@mystery-ak
@Gefn
@Cyber Liberty
@catfish1957

Oh, my, I have so many items about her.  She lived in the time building construction was happening in London and England proper, she took control of that so it would be properly done.  She was a working Queen.  I have these items I got when I was going to England so many times since my son worked there.

My screen name is her name - Victoria.
I have:
The one book she wrote.
Her original signature on a document.
The tea set made to celebrate her becoming Queen.
Commemorative large cup from a year anniversary being Queen.
Commemorative plate made to hang on a wall, and it does.
Another tea set made to celebrate another anniversary of her reign.

And, I have this special piece - dish:  Early in our becoming a country, Westmoreland Glass Company came from England to the east coast to make glass pieces to use in a kitchen.  They brought with them the mold of Queen Victoria's hand.  They made a porcelain image of her hand and it was used to place on a piece of furniture inside people's door, so visitors could put their card in the hand.  Her hand is very small.  I just now measured it:
Index finger is 2 inches.
Middle finger 2 1/2 inches.
Little finger 1 1/2 inches.

Her hand is open, palm side up, so if you measure yours, measure the palm side, not the outside of hand.

I know her life from the time she was born.  Could talk hours about her.

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Victoria33 on January 01, 2021, 06:17:30 pm ---
I know her life from the time she was born.  Could talk hours about her.

--- End quote ---

I've enjoyed the PBS series on her life.  What's your take on it?

Victoria33:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on January 01, 2021, 06:21:04 pm ---I've enjoyed the PBS series on her life.  What's your take on it?

--- End quote ---
@catfish1957

I haven't seen that.  Could PBS have it on line so I can see it?  That would be great and thanks for posting this thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version