General Category > Economy/Business

These 20 states will raise their minimum wage by January 1

<< < (2/3) > >>

Fishrrman:
GT wrote:
"...the increase in insurance will leave me a whole $26 to deal with my coming rent increase"

Have a little faith.

Soon to be announced by the demo-communists in Congress:
The "National Tennant Protection and Rent Control Act".

It will set the rates of apartment rentals for all 50 states, and prevent evictions as well...   ;)

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: Fishrrman on January 02, 2021, 10:59:02 pm ---GT wrote:
"...the increase in insurance will leave me a whole $26 to deal with my coming rent increase"

Have a little faith.

Soon to be announced by the demo-communists in Congress:
The "National Tennant Protection and Rent Control Act".

It will set the rates of apartment rentals for all 50 states, and prevent evictions as well...   ;)

--- End quote ---
While I get no joy out of rent increases I do understand that the property owner has rising costs, here in CA they raise property taxes 2% a year unless it's a new sale than they wack ya big. Also Water and sewer are included in my lease so I get that the owners rates will rise with that. I don't believe the government should be setting rents, if it wants to do that it can build more public housing and put up with the destruction by tenants who aren't invested in any way to take care of their units.

cato potatoe:
It's really insane how much support the $15 proposal has.  Basically all it does is reduce the standard of living for anyone who makes more than ~$13 per hour.  The lower middle class is harmed the most.

GtHawk:

--- Quote from: cato potatoe on January 07, 2021, 04:01:02 pm ---It's really insane how much support the $15 proposal has.  Basically all it does is reduce the standard of living for anyone who makes more than ~$13 per hour.  The lower middle class is harmed the most.

--- End quote ---
Just wait until all those, at least most of them, who got their minimum wage increase see what their new tax level is along with how much their food bill increases. I remember well the discussions I had with employees after their first payday with a big minimum increase.

thackney:

--- Quote from: cato potatoe on January 07, 2021, 04:01:02 pm ---It's really insane how much support the $15 proposal has.  Basically all it does is reduce the standard of living for anyone who makes more than ~$13 per hour.  The lower middle class is harmed the most.

--- End quote ---

Sponsored by the Robotic Industries Association...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version