Author Topic: Dooming Lincoln  (Read 111 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dooming Lincoln
« on: January 01, 2021, 02:57:39 pm »
Dooming Lincoln
If the Left gets their way, Lincoln will someday be remembered no differently than George Wallace.
By Matthew Boose
December 31, 2020

It’s one of the ironic facts of history that Lincoln was fond of the tune “Dixie.” Following the capture of Richmond in 1865, he instructed the Union band to play it in celebration of the South’s surrender. “I have always thought ‘Dixie’ one of the best tunes I have ever heard. Our adversaries over the way attempted to appropriate it, but I insisted yesterday that we fairly captured it,” he said. “I now request the band to favor me with its performance.”’

Lincoln’s feelings aren’t hard to understand. “Dixie” is as good as any song that belongs to America. But what was to Lincoln a beautiful melody that had been “fairly captured” has today been marked down by polite society as an anthem of white supremacy and a relic of “Lost Cause” mythology. Indeed, amidst what they’re calling the “reckoning,” a passionate urgency to expunge the Confederacy from history has perhaps never been stronger.

One and a half centuries since Appomattox, and some weeks since Halloween, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is still having night terrors of Johnny Reb. In his mission to combat “hate speech,” the governor banned the sale of Confederate flags (keeping seniors alive was too tall an order, apparently). In support of this call to action, Cuomo decried a “pervasive, growing attitude of intolerance and hate” that festers like an “American cancer.”

The nature and extent of this “American cancer” has seldom been explained (exactly who is hating whom?), but it does not appear to stop with Confederate flags, or generals for that matter.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2020/12/31/dooming-lincoln/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Dooming Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 03:07:02 pm »
Proudly displaying the CBF at TBR for new 4 years now.

Woke southern liberals who buyoff on this SJW shit, are spitting on their ancestors graves.

And as far as Kwomo the elder killer?  Would love to get a chance to pelt him with rotten fruit
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.