Author Topic: Obituaries for 2021  (Read 49808 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Obituaries for 2021
« Reply #350 on: April 26, 2021, 10:45:25 pm »
About 20 years ago I had a coworker who was very Prog and into the Berserkeley Pacifica outlet. Her chat about the machination there sounded like a political version of an excessive soap opera fan.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #351 on: April 26, 2021, 11:30:53 pm »
Lol. Even a grunt from Mr Loaf when he was in his prime must been pretty awesome.

Looking back.... I have to say...Yup!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #352 on: April 28, 2021, 04:33:19 pm »
R.I.P Apollo 11 Astronaut Major General (retired) Michael Collins. He was 90.

Interesting side note...his uncle is General J Lawton Collins...commander of VII Corps at Normandy and the Army Chief of Staff during the Korean War.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #353 on: April 28, 2021, 06:03:01 pm »
Wow. Rest in peace, indeed. When Mr. M lived in DC, he used to jog at the American Univ. track. One time he met a fit-looking older guy who introduced himself only as "Mike," and the two of them ran together a number of times. Mr. M didn't recognize him, and didn't know he was the astronaut Michael Collins until someone else told him, "Hey, did you know who you've been running with?" As far as Mr. M knew, he was just a nice guy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #354 on: April 28, 2021, 08:04:43 pm »

Interesting side note...his uncle is General J Lawton Collins...commander of VII Corps at Normandy and the Army Chief of Staff during the Korean War.
RIP indeed. It was his putting around in orbit that made the return trip a 'go'. Not nearly the glory of a moonwalk, but just as essential (so close, but yet so far).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #355 on: April 28, 2021, 10:38:45 pm »

That leaves Buzz Aldrin as the last surviving astronaut from the Apollo 11 moon landing mission.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #356 on: April 29, 2021, 12:21:34 pm »
Rest In Peace , Mr. Collins.

I’m sad you never got to actually walk on the moon.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #357 on: April 29, 2021, 12:44:12 pm »
RIP indeed. It was his putting around in orbit that made the return trip a 'go'. Not nearly the glory of a moonwalk, but just as essential (so close, but yet so far).

He was trained to return alone if catastrophe happened with the other astronauts on the moon.  Many believed he would have remained to perish with the others. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #358 on: April 30, 2021, 05:08:49 am »
He was trained to return alone if catastrophe happened with the other astronauts on the moon.  Many believed he would have remained to perish with the others.
I am glad we did not have to find out. :patriot:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #359 on: May 01, 2021, 08:33:16 pm »

Olympia Dukakis, Known For ‘Moonstruck,’ ‘Steel Magnolias,’ Dies At 89
By CBSLA Staff
May 1, 2021 at 1:17 pm

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — Oscar-winning actress Olympia Dukakis, known for her roles in “Moonstruck” and “Steel Magnolias,” died Saturday at the age of 89.

Her brother, Apollo, shared the news Saturday in a Facebook post saying, “My beloved sister, Olympia Dukakis, passed away this morning in New York City. After many months of failing health she is finally at peace and with her Louis.”  ... More at CBS Los Angeles

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #360 on: May 01, 2021, 08:48:32 pm »
Pete Lammons, Tight End on Jets' Super Bowl Team, Dies at 77
Lammons played six seasons in New York and helped deliver the franchise its first and still only Super Bowl title
Published 47 mins ago   

Pete Lammons, a tight end on the New York Jets' Super Bowl-winning team in 1969, died by drowning after he fell off a fishing boat, authorities said. He was 77.

Major League Fishing announced in a statement posted on its website Friday that Lammons was participating in an event on the Sam Rayburn Reservoir on Thursday morning when he slipped from his boat and fell into the water. ... NBC Boston

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #361 on: May 02, 2021, 01:36:54 am »
Olympia Dukakis, Known For ‘Moonstruck,’ ‘Steel Magnolias,’ Dies At 89
By CBSLA Staff
May 1, 2021 at 1:17 pm

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — Oscar-winning actress Olympia Dukakis, known for her roles in “Moonstruck” and “Steel Magnolias,” died Saturday at the age of 89.

Her brother, Apollo, shared the news Saturday in a Facebook post saying, “My beloved sister, Olympia Dukakis, passed away this morning in New York City. After many months of failing health she is finally at peace and with her Louis.”  ... More at CBS Los Angeles

Loved her ..she was a great actress.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

« Reply #362 on: May 03, 2021, 01:25:48 pm »
Loved her ..she was a great actress.
She knew how to fill a screen. She made e verything seem effortless,almost natural.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #363 on: May 06, 2021, 08:50:20 pm »
This one I missed, but it happened earlier this year.

Jimmie F. Rodgers, acoustic pop singer of the 1950s and 1960s, dies at 87

Rodgers (not to be confused with the 1930s country singer Jimmie C. Rodgers) is probably best known for the song "Honeycomb," the first of a string of pop/country crossover hits he had in 1957 and 1958. He eventually had a minor comeback in 1966 with two more top-40 hits, "It's Over" (famously covered by Elvis) and "Child of Clay," before a 1967 dispute with mob-tied Roulette Records was followed shortly thereafter by an attack that left Rodgers with numerous long-term injuries and amnesia about the event.

These injuries, along with a recurring bout with spasmodic dysphonia affecting his voice throughout the rest of his lifetime, curtailed Rodgers's career in the 1970s, with his records only reaching the lower ends of the country charts.

Rodgers died January 18 from coronavirus, complicated by his long-term health issues.

https://www.columbian.com/news/2021/jan/21/camas-native-pop-star-jimmie-rodgers-dies-at-87/
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 05:29:47 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #364 on: May 07, 2021, 04:42:25 pm »
This one I missed, but it happened earlier this year.

Jimmie F. Rodgers, acoustic pop singer of the 1950s and 1960s, dies at 87

Rodgers (not to be confused with the 1930s country singer Jimmie C. Rodgers) is probably best known for the song "Honeycomb," the first of a string of pop/country crossover hits he had in 1957 and 1958. He eventually had a minor comeback in 1966 with two more top-40 hits, "It's Over" (famously covered by Elvis) and "Child of Clay," before a 1967 dispute with mob-tied Roulette Records was followed shortly thereafter by an attack that left Rodgers with numerous long-term injuries and amnesia about the event.

These injuries, along with a recurring bout with spasmodic dysphonia affecting his voice throughout the rest of his lifetime, curtailed Rodgers's career in the 1970s, with his records only reaching the lower ends of the country charts.

Rodgers died January 18 from coronavirus, complicated by his long-term health issues.

https://www.columbian.com/news/2021/jan/21/camas-native-pop-star-jimmie-rodgers-dies-at-87/

@jmyrlefuller

Let's be honest,here. The primary reason he died is because he was 87 years old.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #365 on: May 07, 2021, 05:29:05 pm »
Billie Hayes, character actress famous as Witchiepoo, dies at 96

Hayes flourished during the late 1960s and early 1970s, initially rising to fame as a hillbilly character, Mammy Yokum from Li'l Abner. She was cast as Witchiepoo by tripped-out kiddie-show auteurs Sid and Marty Krofft in H.R. Pufnstuf and its follow-up Lidsville.

Described by fellow famous witch Margaret Hamilton as "one of the best witches ever" (Hayes's Witchiepoo even appeared alongside Hamilton's Wicked Witch of the West in the Paul Lynde Hollywood Special in 1976), she continued to work as a voice actress in the 1970s and 1980s, eventually settling into a retirement focused on animal rescue.

Hayes died April 29 of natural causes.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/billie-hayes-dead-obituary-witchiepoo-h-r-pufnstuf-actress-was-96-1234749037/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #366 on: May 08, 2021, 03:13:57 pm »
Tawny Kitaen, 1980s pop culture icon, dies at 59

Kitaen moved from rock-band groupie to music video model (yes, she was the one who danced on Whitesnake's car hood and married David Coverdale) to moderately successful actress in 1980s and 1990s cinema, largely disappearing after marrying baseball player Chuck Finley in 1997.

Kitaen's marriage to Finley ended when she assaulted him, beginning a downward spiral that led to repeated substance abuse arrests. She died May 7 of unknown causes.

https://pagesix.com/2021/05/08/tawny-kitaen-80s-actress-and-music-video-vixen-dead-at-59/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #367 on: May 08, 2021, 03:28:28 pm »
Witchiepoo was the most sane character in Krofts' universe....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #368 on: May 08, 2021, 09:30:54 pm »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #369 on: May 08, 2021, 11:56:55 pm »
I didn't realize Angley was still alive. He was a character, to say the least.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #370 on: May 09, 2021, 03:15:54 pm »
Had to look him up in W'pedia. Sounds like he had a sketchy side.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #371 on: May 09, 2021, 06:13:47 pm »
I didn't realize Angley was still alive. He was a character, to say the least.

He had the style and character of and earlier televangelist, Billy James Hargis.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #372 on: May 09, 2021, 08:57:05 pm »
Had to look him up in W'pedia. Sounds like he had a sketchy side.
Yeah, I decided to leave the summary off his, because 1) I wasn't sure if WP's write-up (disclaimer: I contribute to WP but seldom on anything controversial) had given proper weight to his life as a whole, since the editors over there can and frequently do give undue weight to make people and things they don't like look bad, but 2) there was a distinct possibility that he was as bad as the WP authors claimed. Televangelism isn't the most squeaky clean industry out there (ironically).

Offline verga

« Reply #373 on: May 10, 2021, 12:55:45 pm »
Yeah, I decided to leave the summary off his, because 1) I wasn't sure if WP's write-up (disclaimer: I contribute to WP but seldom on anything controversial) had given proper weight to his life as a whole, since the editors over there can and frequently do give undue weight to make people and things they don't like look bad, but 2) there was a distinct possibility that he was as bad as the WP authors claimed. Televangelism isn't the most squeaky clean industry out there (ironically).
One sleepless night I was up watching his show. He used to have shills that would use a specific type of wheelchair and he would "miraculously" have them "Rise and Walk". A paraplegic came up to him with that type of chair. Earnest did his mumbo jumbo, the man stood took about a half a step and dropped like a sack of potatoes, on live television. After that all of his shows were "prerecorded for later broadcast".   
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #374 on: May 10, 2021, 01:54:24 pm »

I never got into the televangelism or Christian TV network scene. I listened to a few radio shows in the early (mumble)s but got turned off by Swaggart's continual beg-a-thon and the Two Kenneths God-in-a-Box theology.