Author Topic: Obituaries for 2021  (Read 49766 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Obituaries for 2021
« Reply #425 on: June 14, 2021, 01:33:53 pm »
Sad to hear of Beatty's death. I mostly remember him as "Myerson" in the movie "Hopskotch". A line from him some here might agree with is his definition of "FBI" - F#$%ing Ball-busting Imbeciles. Also in the movie were Walter Mathau, Herbert Lom, and several other notables who have eluded my half-caffeinated memory.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #426 on: June 14, 2021, 02:39:22 pm »

Beatty’s manager, Deborah Miller, said Beatty died Sunday of natural causes at his home in Los Angeles surrounded by friends and loved ones.

Ongoing joke in the early 70's is that Beatty's agent and manager should have been taken out back and shot after snookering him into being in Deliverance.  Any scene that includes dialogue like "Make you Squeal Like a Pig" should have been a hint right there that it wasn't a good career move.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #427 on: June 17, 2021, 05:44:58 pm »
RIP to fashion icon and radio advertising salesman extraordinaire Herb Tarlek...he was 79.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #428 on: June 17, 2021, 07:00:20 pm »
RIP to fashion icon and radio advertising salesman extraordinaire Herb Tarlek...he was 79.

@txradioguy   Back when I was in radio there was at least one "Herb" on every sales staff!  Over a client lunch one day I asked one guy if he'd ever thought about selling used cars?  He picked up his glass, finished the last swig of his martini and said; "There are some things even I wouldn't do!"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #429 on: June 17, 2021, 07:13:50 pm »
@txradioguy   Back when I was in radio there was at least one "Herb" on every sales staff!  Over a client lunch one day I asked one guy if he'd ever thought about selling used cars?  He picked up his glass, finished the last swig of his martini and said; "There are some things even I wouldn't do!"

"Honor among thieves" is definitely a phrase that can be applied to salesmen.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #430 on: June 17, 2021, 07:26:20 pm »
Wait, his name was Frank? He really looks like a Herb.
R.I.P. Frank Bonner, WKRP in Cincinnati Actor Dead at 79
Bonner played the plaid suit-wearing radio station sales manager Herb Tarlek

Alex Young
June 17, 2021 | 1:01pm ET

Frank Bonner, the television actor best known for his role on WKRP in Cincinnati, has died at the age of 79.

TMZ reports that Bonner had been battling Lewy body dementia, and passed away on Wednesday (June 16th) due to complications from the illness.

On WKRP in Cincinnati, Bonner played the plaid suit-wearing radio station sales manager Herb Tarlek. Bonner appeared in all four seasons of the sitcom, which aired on CBS from 1978 to 1982. Bonner briefly reprised the role for the 1991 spinoff The New WKRP in Cincinnati. ...
Consequence TV
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #431 on: June 17, 2021, 09:57:36 pm »

@txradioguy

I wasn't a regular watcher,but back then there weren't many options,and I saw a show there one night I will never forget. The radio station DJ (Howard) and Herb got together and  decided to kick live turkey's out of a helicopter over a holiday crowd to promote the station.

I can still hear him saying "But I thought turkey's could fly!"
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 09:58:50 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #432 on: June 17, 2021, 10:10:31 pm »
I was not a big WKRP viewer, but Herb may have been my favorite character.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #433 on: June 17, 2021, 10:14:26 pm »
I loved WKRP..what a great cast...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #434 on: June 17, 2021, 10:29:57 pm »
I loved WKRP..what a great cast...

The last half of the Turkey Drop episode often makes many top 10 list of the greatest sitcom spots of all time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #435 on: June 17, 2021, 10:36:30 pm »
The last half of the Turkey Drop episode often makes many top 10 list of the greatest sitcom spots of all time.

"Oh the Humanity!"   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #436 on: June 18, 2021, 05:11:14 pm »
If you live in upstate New York or in parts of Florida... you know who this guy is.

Billy Fuccillo, the "huuuge" automobile dealer whose TV commercials saturated the airwaves, has died at age 64.
https://cnycentral.com/news/local/huge-car-dealer-and-philanthropist-billy-fuccillo-has-died

If you don't know him, here's a sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQO0v_HEGU0
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #437 on: June 18, 2021, 05:19:13 pm »

Funeral to be held at Ferryman Funeral Home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXRxYLfq78g

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #438 on: June 18, 2021, 05:57:34 pm »
If you live in upstate New York or in parts of Florida... you know who this guy is.

Billy Fuccillo, the "huuuge" automobile dealer whose TV commercials saturated the airwaves, has died at age 64.
https://cnycentral.com/news/local/huge-car-dealer-and-philanthropist-billy-fuccillo-has-died

If you don't know him, here's a sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQO0v_HEGU0

@jmyrlefuller

I am guessing he sold clown cars?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #439 on: June 20, 2021, 01:10:10 am »

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #440 on: June 20, 2021, 12:23:08 pm »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #441 on: June 24, 2021, 02:14:24 am »
Software developer turned eccentric political gadfly John McAfee dies at 75 of presumed suicide.

Photo credit: Gage Skidmore

McAfee had been in Spanish prison and was awaiting extradition to the United States for tax evasion charges, as he believed taxes were unconstitutional. Increasingly paranoid in his last decade of life, he was also a suspect in the murder of his neighbor Gregory Faull, and claimed that if he were to turn up dead, it would be because someone murdered him.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/john-mcafee-antivirus-software-creator-found-dead-in-spanish-jail-11624482910?page=1
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 02:15:15 am by jmyrlefuller »

Online corbe

« Reply #442 on: June 24, 2021, 02:17:26 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #443 on: June 27, 2021, 10:56:20 pm »
Former Sen. Mike Gravel (D-AK) dies at 91.

Gravel, whose notable political stances included his staunch anti-war/noninterventionist stance and his belief in national popular vote, is better known for his longshot runs in the 2008 and 2020 Democratic presidential primaries.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-mike-gravel-alaska-government-and-politics-49428bf81c2081f064d1fa8fd05a26a1

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #444 on: June 28, 2021, 08:02:08 pm »
'Cops' creator John Langley dies at 78
AP Updated: 11:11 AM EDT Jun 28, 2021
By ANDREW DALTON, AP Entertainment Writer

LOS ANGELES — John Langley, who was the creator of the long-running TV series "Cops," has died during a road race in Mexico, a family spokeswoman said.

Langley died in Baja, Mexico, of an apparent heart attack Saturday during the Coast to Coast Ensenada-San Felipe 250 off-road race, family spokeswoman Pam Golum said. He was 78.

"Cops" was among the first reality series on the air when it debuted in 1989, and it would become an institution through 32 seasons. ...

It came under criticism for what was considered a slanted, pro-police perspective, and was permanently pulled from the air by Paramount last year during worldwide protests over the killing of George Floyd. ...
More

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #445 on: June 28, 2021, 08:56:24 pm »
More

RIP, Mr. Langley. Thanks for showing people what it is like on the other side of the badge. I did not always agree with some of the methods used, but then, I'm neither a crook nor a cop. (Pity the show was pulled on the false pretense that police killed George Floyd and not the fentanyl he had on board.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #446 on: June 30, 2021, 07:24:47 pm »
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 07:26:03 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #447 on: June 30, 2021, 07:33:50 pm »
Former US defence secretary Donald Rumsfeld dies aged 88

Former US defence secretary Donald Rumsfeld, who served during the Iraq War under George W Bush, has died aged 88.

His family said: "History may remember him for his extraordinary accomplishments over six decades of public service, but for those who knew him best and whose lives were forever changed as a result, we will remember his unwavering love for his wife Joyce, his family and friends, and the integrity he brought to a life dedicated to country."

Mr Rumsfeld was Mr Bush's defence secretary from 2001 until 2006. He also served in the same role under former president Gerald Ford between 1975 and 1977.

https://news.sky.com/story/former-us-defence-secretary-donald-rumsfeld-dies-aged-88-12345919
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #448 on: June 30, 2021, 07:34:15 pm »
Former Secretary of Defense and Retired Naval Aviator Donald Rumsfeld has died.  He was 88.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #449 on: June 30, 2021, 07:45:29 pm »
Former Secretary of Defense and Retired Naval Aviator Donald Rumsfeld has died.  He was 88.

He may now learn the "unknown unknowns" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/There_are_known_knowns