Author Topic: Obituaries for 2021  (Read 50343 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Obituaries for 2021
« Reply #225 on: March 26, 2021, 02:09:45 am »
To the WNY/WNY expat crowd ( @DCPatriot , @verga ):

Rick Azar died at 91.
https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/legendary-7-eyewitness-news-broadcaster-rick-azar-has-died

Wow!!  A blast from the past.   Thanks, @jmyrlefuller for notifying me of this. 

We all grew up with him.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline verga

« Reply #226 on: March 26, 2021, 10:55:17 am »
To the WNY/WNY expat crowd ( @DCPatriot , @verga ):

Rick Azar died at 91.
https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/legendary-7-eyewitness-news-broadcaster-rick-azar-has-died
Thank you, I had seen it earlier on my Bookface. My father was one of the engineers that worked at KB. I met all of the on air personalities at one time or another. Azar was one of the nicest people you would want to meet.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #227 on: March 26, 2021, 06:09:04 pm »
Bobby Brown, beloved fixture of Yankees glory days, dead at 96

https://nypost.com/2021/03/25/bobby-brown-yankees-champion-turned-doctor-dead-at-96/

Bobby Brown, a member of five Yankees championship teams who went on to become a successful cardiologist as well as president of baseball’s American League, died Thursday morning in Fort Worth, Texas. He was 96.

A lefty-hitting third baseman who also saw time at shortstop, second base and all three outfield positions, Brown won rings with the Yankees in 1947 and from 1949-1952, a supporting player to titans such as Joe DiMaggio, Yogi Berra and Mickey Mantle. He posted a respectable .269/.367/.376 slash line across eight seasons (1946-1952, 1954) and went .439/.500/.707 in 17 World Series games. He became more popular among fans of later generations as he regularly attended the Yankees’ Old-Timers’ Day through the most recent one in 2019.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #228 on: March 26, 2021, 06:34:50 pm »
 Mar 26, 2021 8:44am PT
Larry McMurtry, Oscar Winner for ‘Brokeback Mountain’ and Author of ‘Lonesome Dove,' Dies at 84
by Carmel Dagan
Larry McMurtry, the Pulitzer Prize-winning writer whose novels, such as “The Last Picture Show,” “Terms of Endearment” and “Lonesome Dove,” were turned into award-winning films and who won an Oscar for co-adapting “Brokeback Mountain,” has died, according to The New York Times. He was 84.

A spokesperson for McMurtry’s family confirmed his death to The New York Times. No cause of death was given.

McMurtry and his frequent collaborator Diana Ossana penned “Brokeback Mountain” based on Annie Proulx’s short story, taking the Western genre in which McMurtry so frequently worked in a new direction: a gay love story. The film saw this theme welcomed by large mainstream audiences for the first time and also won the Oscar for best director and was nominated for best picture. ...
Variety
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2021, 07:59:23 pm »
Mar 26, 2021 8:44am PT
Larry McMurtry, Oscar Winner for ‘Brokeback Mountain’ and Author of ‘Lonesome Dove,' Dies at 84
by Carmel DaganVariety

@mountaineer

"Lonesome Dove" just may be THE best series ever shown on television. Yeah,the truly great cast had a lot to do with that,but so did the writing and directing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2021, 08:13:12 pm »
@mountaineer

"Lonesome Dove" just may be THE best series ever shown on television. Yeah,the truly great cast had a lot to do with that,but so did the writing and directing.

I heartily second that @sneakypete
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2021, 10:43:05 pm »
Beverly Cleary, beloved children’s author, dies at 104
By HILLEL ITALIE
Associated Press |
Mar 26, 2021 at 5:27 PM

Beverly Cleary, the celebrated children’s author whose memories of her Oregon childhood were shared with millions through the likes of Ramona and Beezus Quimby and Henry Huggins, has died. She was 104.

Cleary’s publisher HarperCollins announced Friday that the author died Thursday in Carmel Valley, California, where she had lived since the 1960s. No cause of death was given.

Trained as a librarian, Cleary didn’t start writing books until her early 30s when she wrote “Henry Huggins,” published in 1950. Children worldwide came to love the adventures of Huggins and neighbors Ellen Tebbits, Otis Spofford, Beatrice “Beezus” Quimby and her younger sister, Ramona. They inhabit a down-home, wholesome setting on Klickitat Street — a real street in Portland, Oregon, the city where Cleary spent much of her youth. ...
Chicago Tribune

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #232 on: March 27, 2021, 02:09:36 am »
I read Cleary's books as a kid. The Ramona Quimby series was the first series of books I actually enjoyed reading for the story. Fun fact: she and I share the same birthday, many decades apart, of course.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #233 on: March 27, 2021, 02:42:00 pm »
I remember reading her books as a child too. RIP.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline verga

« Reply #234 on: March 29, 2021, 11:12:58 am »
I loved her Henry Huggins stories. RIP dear lady
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #235 on: March 29, 2021, 11:58:34 am »
I loved her Henry Huggins stories. RIP dear lady
Same here. I don't remember reading many of the "Ramona" books, but Henry Huggins is the character who came to mind when I read of her death. Happy childhood memories.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #236 on: March 29, 2021, 12:17:24 pm »
Beverly Cleary, beloved children’s author, dies at 104
By HILLEL ITALIE
Associated Press |
Mar 26, 2021 at 5:27 PM

Wow, she had a great run.  My kids liked the Ramona & Beezus books -- they were very wholesome.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #237 on: March 31, 2021, 02:06:26 am »
R.I.P. G. Gordon Liddy...a true American Patriot. 
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #238 on: March 31, 2021, 11:11:10 am »
:patriot:  Permit me to add a little detail:
G. Gordon Liddy, Watergate mastermind and Nixon operative, dead at 90
Liddy was behind the Watergate break-in that led to Richard Nixon's downfall
By Thomas Barrabi | Fox News

G. Gordon Liddy, the Richard Nixon 1972 reelection campaign operative who played a central role in the Watergate scandal that led to the former president’s resignation, died Tuesday at the age of 90.

Liddy’s son, Thomas, confirmed his death. He did not provide a cause of death but noted that COVID-19 was not a factor.

A former FBI agent, Liddy ran an unsuccessful congressional bid in New York in 1968. He served as an aide in the Treasury Department during Nixon’s first term in office. After a stint in that role, he headed up a team of operatives known as "The Plumbers," who were tasked with gathering information on Nixon’s political rivals and combating leaks following the release of the Pentagon Papers in 1971.  Later, Liddy served on Nixon’s Committee to Reelect the President. He was known as the mastermind of a plot to place wiretaps inside Democratic National Committee headquarters at the Watergate building in Washington in 1972. The plot was discovered and Liddy was arrested, alongside fellow Nixon operative Howard Hunt and five others. ...

Following his release from prison, Liddy became a radio show talk host, where he became known for his provocative on-air remarks. In one controversial episode during the 1990s, Liddy told listeners to target federal agents with "head shots." Later, Liddy defended his remarks, saying he wasn't advocating violence against federal agents, but rather encouraging the members of the public to defend themselves and their rights if confronted with deadly force. ...
FOX News

Offline verga

« Reply #239 on: March 31, 2021, 11:48:25 am »
Oh What the HELL? He was a personal hero of mine. During the Watergate hearings I recall my father saying that he was the "Man" in the room. When I asked why, my father told me that he was the only one that didn't turn on the others. R.I. P. sir.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #240 on: March 31, 2021, 01:01:59 pm »
Oh What the HELL? He was a personal hero of mine. During the Watergate hearings I recall my father saying that he was the "Man" in the room. When I asked why, my father told me that he was the only one that didn't turn on the others. R.I. P. sir.

During someime in the late '70's, maybe as late as 1980, I remember Liddy giving a talk at my college.  He was a firebrand fire and brimstone non-apologetic conservative, when almost the rest of the GOP was in a post Watergate whimpering stuper. To this day, I can remeber the biggest cheer, when he stood up and almost yelled....  "If this country had any balls, they'd put Jimmy Carter in Jail for treason".  Thought brought on a Standing "O".
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #241 on: March 31, 2021, 01:39:32 pm »

Your father was right @verga and a wise man to boot.

BTW: G. Gordon himself spilled the beans about the Watergate break-in. He said that the Democrats were running a call-girl shop for high-dollar donors out of there and that they were looking to prove it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 01:42:37 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #242 on: March 31, 2021, 02:00:37 pm »
Your father was right @verga and a wise man to boot.

BTW: G. Gordon himself spilled the beans about the Watergate break-in. He said that the Democrats were running a call-girl shop for high-dollar donors out of there and that they were looking to prove it.

One of the high-dollar hookers was John Dean's wife.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #243 on: March 31, 2021, 02:08:11 pm »

G Gordon Liddy spit in the face of the Deep State long before it became fashionable. He showed everyone how it was done.

I only wish he'd gotten his wish for five minutes in a room alone with John Dean.

RIP.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 02:09:01 pm by skeeter »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #244 on: March 31, 2021, 02:10:30 pm »
One of the high-dollar hookers was John Dean's wife.

I may have read that previously but, if so, I had forgotten. Thanks!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #245 on: March 31, 2021, 02:14:43 pm »
I may have read that previously but, if so, I had forgotten. Thanks!

I first heard this in the book Silent Coup (Colodny & Gettlin).

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #246 on: March 31, 2021, 02:20:00 pm »
I first heard this in the book Silent Coup (Colodny & Gettlin).

:yowsa: That is likely where I read it as well but I'm getting old and the hard drive ain't what it used to be.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #247 on: March 31, 2021, 02:21:14 pm »

Either my memory is getting worse the older I get, or the Mandela Effect is real. I thought he had died years ago.   :shrug:

Either way, sad news. **nononono*
Let it burn.

Offline verga

« Reply #248 on: March 31, 2021, 02:45:36 pm »
During someime in the late '70's, maybe as late as 1980, I remember Liddy giving a talk at my college.  He was a firebrand fire and brimstone non-apologetic conservative, when almost the rest of the GOP was in a post Watergate whimpering stuper. To this day, I can remeber the biggest cheer, when he stood up and almost yelled....  "If this country had any balls, they'd put Jimmy Carter in Jail for treason".  Thought brought on a Standing "O".
:amen:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #249 on: March 31, 2021, 02:51:42 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien