Author Topic: Obituaries for 2021  (Read 50671 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Obituaries for 2021
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2021, 09:43:14 am »
It is indeed a major loss to lose one's best friend.  My wife calls our dog her best friend.  She makes us laugh all day long.  She literally runs our whole house.  She is smarter than all the dogs combined that I had, and she senses everything.  If one of us is down, she knows and does things to support us.  Is it so endearing. 

My wife was on the verge of crying one day in the kitchen, over work related crap, and the dog sat next to her looking up and she started to cry in a tone that was very unique.  My wife was so upset she did not notice until I pointed it out to her.  It made my wife go from tears welling up in her eyes to joy at seeing the dog sense how she felt.  She bent down and picked her up, hugging her with great joy.

I cannot imagine being here without her.  She has become such a prominent force in our lives.  Yesterday, she jumped on the bed and woke me up, telling me it was time to get up.  She often does this.  She is so funny.  I think I mentioned this before, but she will give a little hmmmf, and does it 3-4 more times a little louder each time.  She woke me up with the first one, but I pretend to sleep, so she nudges me with her paw, and I stay still, and she nudges me 3-4 more times, a little harder each time.  I still lay there pretending to sleep.  Then she pulls the bedspread, blanket and sheet down to the foot of the bed, and by then I just can't keep a straight face.  She is a real hoot.  And she is always very serious with her looks when she is doing this.

So, my sincerest sympathy for the loss of your good friend.

@jafo2010

The word "God" was a misspelling by a dyslectic . He meant to write "Dog". No matter who you are or how long you get to live,you will never have a more faithful friend.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 09:44:40 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline verga

« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2021, 12:38:07 pm »
It is indeed a major loss to lose one's best friend.  My wife calls our dog her best friend.  She makes us laugh all day long.  She literally runs our whole house.  She is smarter than all the dogs combined that I had, and she senses everything.  If one of us is down, she knows and does things to support us.  Is it so endearing. 

My wife was on the verge of crying one day in the kitchen, over work related crap, and the dog sat next to her looking up and she started to cry in a tone that was very unique.  My wife was so upset she did not notice until I pointed it out to her.  It made my wife go from tears welling up in her eyes to joy at seeing the dog sense how she felt.  She bent down and picked her up, hugging her with great joy.

I cannot imagine being here without her.  She has become such a prominent force in our lives.  Yesterday, she jumped on the bed and woke me up, telling me it was time to get up.  She often does this.  She is so funny.  I think I mentioned this before, but she will give a little hmmmf, and does it 3-4 more times a little louder each time.  She woke me up with the first one, but I pretend to sleep, so she nudges me with her paw, and I stay still, and she nudges me 3-4 more times, a little harder each time.  I still lay there pretending to sleep.  Then she pulls the bedspread, blanket and sheet down to the foot of the bed, and by then I just can't keep a straight face.  She is a real hoot.  And she is always very serious with her looks when she is doing this.

So, my sincerest sympathy for the loss of your good friend.
That is how it is with our Raimo. Blind, Epileptic, Heart Murmur, Kidney disease, and he is developing Arthritis, but he is the happiest dog you want to meet. This morning I had to stop back at the house to grab a different shirt. Vergette was walking him. As soon as he smelled my car, he ran up the drive to greet me. He has been very needy since our other dog Cassie passed. He will go up to Vergette when she is sitting on the couch and bump her with his nose until she picks him up. When my back is hurting and I am sleeping on the recliner, he comes up and humps me until I pick him him up. 
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #177 on: March 07, 2021, 11:34:38 pm »
Carla Wallenda, member of famed high-wire act, dies at 85
By TERRY SPENCER
2 hours ago

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Carla Wallenda, a member of “The Flying Wallendas” high-wire act and the last surviving child of the famed troupe’s founder, has died at the age of 85.

Her son, Rick Wallenda, said on social media she died Saturday in Sarasota, Florida, of natural causes. She was the daughter of Karl Wallenda, who had founded the troupe in Germany before moving to the United States in 1928 to great acclaim. She was the aunt of aerialist Nik Wallenda.

Carla Wallenda was born on Feb. 13, 1936, and appeared in a newsreel in 1939 as she learned how to walk the wire, with her father and mother, Mati, looking on. But she said her first time on the wire was much earlier. ...  Associated Press
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #178 on: March 08, 2021, 09:56:55 pm »
Former Red Sox Reliever Rheal Cormier Dies At 53 After Battle With Cancer
March 8, 2021 at 4:48 pm

BOSTON (CBS) — Former Red Sox reliever Rheal Cormier died Monday after a battle with cancer. Cormier was 53.

Cormier had two different stints with Boston, in 1995 and from 1999-2000, during his 16-year MLB career. Initially drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals in 1988 out of the Community College of Rhode Island, Cormier played for five teams throughout his career. ...

WBZ Sports

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #179 on: March 09, 2021, 10:31:59 pm »
Roger Mudd, probing TV journalist and network news anchor, dies at 93

Roger Mudd, the longtime political correspondent and anchor for NBC and CBS who once stumped Sen. Edward Kennedy by simply asking why he wanted to be president, has died. He was 93.

CBS News says Mudd died Tuesday of complications of kidney failure at his home in McLean, Virginia.

During more than 30 years on network television, starting with CBS in 1961, Mudd covered Congress, elections and political conventions and was a frequent anchor and contributor to various specials. His career coincided with the flowering of television news, the pre-cable, pre-Internet days when the big three networks and their powerhouse ranks of reporters were the main source of news for millions of Americans.

Besides work at CBS and NBC, he did stints on PBS’s “MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour” and the History Channel.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/roger-mudd-longtime-network-tv-newsman-dies-93-76350072
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #180 on: March 09, 2021, 10:33:24 pm »
Great question with which to stump a candidate.  :laugh:

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #181 on: March 09, 2021, 10:41:18 pm »
Great question with which to stump a candidate.  :laugh:

And yesterday was the 40th anniversary of Walter Cronkite signing off. I feel so old...

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #182 on: March 09, 2021, 11:03:24 pm »
Coyote. Lab/Husky cross, 12 years old. Great pal, very vocal, never failed to greet me when I came home, a friend and companion. Loved pizza and other people food. Lost his head over a female in heat and bit a family member. Passed by lethal injection about 4:30 CST, and left a gaping hole in our family and my heart.

I've been where you are, and more than once.

I'm sorry. Please know that it gets better, and that the love you have shared with him will forever be in your heart, in a very, very good way. 

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #183 on: March 09, 2021, 11:21:18 pm »
"Roger Mudd, the longtime political correspondent and anchor for NBC and CBS who once stumped Sen. Edward Kennedy by simply asking why he wanted to be president, has died."

No matter what else one might have to say towards Mr. Mudd, he did America a great favor by "asking the question" that prevented Kennedy from becoming president.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #184 on: March 10, 2021, 12:14:55 am »
And that question was a softball question.  Everyone should be able without thinking to answer that question.  Donald Trump would be quick to answer that very same question.

Kennedy did not rise up to the sole of his brothers.  Plus, he was a drunk if not mistaken.  Grossly overrated!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #185 on: March 10, 2021, 12:49:22 am »
And yesterday was the 40th anniversary of Walter Cronkite signing off. I feel so old...

@Gefn

And it was 40 years too late. SOB should have never been allowed near a tv camera and a microphone.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #186 on: March 10, 2021, 01:25:42 am »
And that question was a softball question.  Everyone should be able without thinking to answer that question.  Donald Trump would be quick to answer that very same question.
Any candidate who hasn't prepared for that question is an idiot. Of course, we are talking about Teddy Kennedy.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #187 on: March 10, 2021, 01:34:39 am »
Roger Harrison Mudd was born on Feb. 9, 1928, in Washington, the Post reported. The family was distantly related to Samuel A. Mudd, a Maryland doctor who treated John Wilkes Booth's broken leg after Booth assassinated Abraham Lincoln in 1865.

I remember Roger talking about this..he and his other descendants have spent years trying to clear Dr. Samuel Mudd.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 01:37:47 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #188 on: March 10, 2021, 10:38:20 am »
Roger Harrison Mudd was born on Feb. 9, 1928, in Washington, the Post reported. The family was distantly related to Samuel A. Mudd, a Maryland doctor who treated John Wilkes Booth's broken leg after Booth assassinated Abraham Lincoln in 1865.

I remember Roger talking about this..he and his other descendants have spent years trying to clear Dr. Samuel Mudd.
Yep, I knew a couple when I lived back East, and they were working on that still.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #189 on: March 10, 2021, 02:02:01 pm »
In the obituary it states that Dr Mudd had been cleared.

Mudd, who was born in Washington, was a distant relative of Dr. Samuel Mudd, the doctor who was arrested for treating an injured John Wilkes Booth shortly after Booth assassinated President Abraham Lincoln. The doctor, who was eventually pardoned, said he hadn’t been aware of the killing when he aided Booth.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/roger-mudd-longtime-network-tv-newsman-dies-93-76350072

According to Wikipedia, President Johnson pardoned Dr. Mudd in February, 1869.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Mudd
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 02:07:33 pm by Gefn »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #190 on: March 10, 2021, 03:25:40 pm »
 Whenever we can take our Virginia civil war trip, we hope to include a stop at the Mudd museum. Not sure whether it's reopened, post-covid.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #191 on: March 10, 2021, 08:23:43 pm »
Any candidate who hasn't prepared for that question is an idiot. Of course, we are talking about Teddy Kennedy.
And Teddy wasn't just any old idiot, I would have said he was the reigning idiot...............but then Joe Biden said 'hold my beer'.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #192 on: March 15, 2021, 12:40:50 pm »

Marvin Hagler RIP

Thomas Hearns Says Marvin Hagler Was ‘In ICU Fighting The After Effects Of The Vaccine’

Absent from all the news coverage and ensuing obituaries has been Hagler’s cause of death.

That lack of disclosure drew attention to a couple of social media posts from fellow boxing legend Thomas “Hitman” Hearns,
with whom Hagler had arguably his greatest triumph in the ring back in the 1980s. Hearns said on Saturday prior to Hagler’s
death that his former rival was suffering health problems due to “the vaccine,” using an exclamation mark for emphasis.
Hearns posted that message to his verified Instagram account and asked his followers to pray for Hagler, who he called
“the king,” and his family.

“He’s in ICU fighting the after effects of the vaccine!” Hearns claimed in the post without offering any proof or specifying which vaccine.

https://newsone.com/4105374/tommy-hearns-marvin-hagler-cause-death/

And another one bites the dust.
I guess it was a jab he could not recover from.
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #193 on: March 15, 2021, 12:45:23 pm »

“He’s in ICU fighting the after effects of the vaccine!” Hearns claimed in the post without offering any proof or specifying which vaccine.

Any idea where Hearns got his MD from, or coroner training?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #194 on: March 15, 2021, 01:35:07 pm »
Any idea where Hearns got his MD from, or coroner training?

Calypso Louie School of Medicine?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2021, 04:13:57 pm »
The questions are few.

1) Did Hagler receive a vaccine shot?
2) Was Hagler in ICU and what was the treatment?
3) Is there a medical record?

Hagler and Hearns were friends as old opponents sometime become.

Hearns received an honorary doctorate of persuasion years ago.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #196 on: March 15, 2021, 04:24:18 pm »
The little I've seen is that Hagler was rushed to the hospital with chest pains and difficulty breathing. Absent any basis for Hearns' claim, it should not be taken any more seriously than my claim that Hearns is an ambisexual walnut ... whatever that is.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #197 on: March 15, 2021, 04:27:43 pm »
Calypso Louie School of Medicine?

Go Land Crabs!!!!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2021, 07:17:58 pm »
Y'all go ahead and make fun of the messenger, but there have been some serious adverse reactions to these vaccines, just like any other.

The Swine Flu vaccine under Ford turned out to kill more people than the disease.https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atlanta/rush-create-flu-vaccine-1970s-led-outbreak-deadly-illness-scientists-say/6BMGRZDSPJHCHNCMCXVATDCGMQ/

There is no real reason to believe that this vaccine will be different. Reports of adverse reactions are not being touted like they would be if Trump was POTUS, because Biden is taking credit for the vaccine.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mod2

« Reply #199 on: March 15, 2021, 08:21:44 pm »
Let's keep posts on this thread confined to the topic, please and thank you.