Author Topic: Obituaries for 2021  (Read 49355 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Obituaries for 2021
« on: December 31, 2020, 06:40:18 pm »
A running thread for deaths in calendar year 2021.

This thread is only to discuss once-living organisms (humans or notable animals) that died, or whose deaths were reported, in 2021. It is NOT for those who died in years past, organizations that shut down, or abstract ideas. I hate to have to make that explicit but I thought that was something unstated and I was wrong.

Previous threads:

« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 07:01:25 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: Obituaries for 2021
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 06:42:42 pm »
Bookmarking, because I'm at that age where looking at the obituaries has become a daily event.
Let it burn.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 06:48:57 pm »
 :bkmk:

Thanks for picking this up again, Myrle!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 06:49:56 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 07:02:04 pm »

Thanks for picking this up again, Myrle!
You're welcome! I'll pin it tomorrow now that I have cat-mod privileges.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 07:12:27 pm »
Thank you for setting up the new thread.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 04:53:12 pm »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 02:13:51 am »
Floyd Little
2× Hall of Fame running back dies at 78

㊹
Little's uniform number 44 in Syracuse and Denver, both of which have been retired.

Little succeeded Ernie Davis as the running back of Syracuse University, graduating in 1967. He played nine years in professional football, all with the Denver Broncos. Considered a legend in both the college and professional game, Little was inducted in to both the pro and college football halls of fame, and his number 44 (worn by Little, Davis and Jim Brown in succession at Syracuse) was retired in both places.

Little died January 1 after a long bout with cancer.

Obituary from the Associated Press

Wikipedia

Career stats
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 02:18:45 am by jmyrlefuller »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 12:51:18 pm »
Nick McGlashan
Fisherman featured on Deadliest Catch dies at 33

McGlashan died December 28, 2020 in Nashville, Tennessee after a prolonged period of substance abuse.

Obituary from wire services

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2021, 02:37:12 pm »
Nick McGlashan
Fisherman featured on Deadliest Catch dies at 33

McGlashan died December 28, 2020 in Nashville, Tennessee after a prolonged period of substance abuse.

Obituary from wire services

When you see those guys basically living a "pandemic style" isolation on a ship for months year in year out, then add the angle of working one of the most dangerous jobs on the planet? 

Suprised that not more of these guys have succumbed to this.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2021, 03:51:29 pm »
Two in today's news:

Tanya Roberts, Bond Girl and 'That '70's Show' Star, Dies at 65
6:48 PM PST 1/3/2021
by Abid Rahman

Tanya Roberts, the actress best known for playing a Bond girl in A View to a Kill and Midge Pinciotti on That '70's Show, has died. She was 65.

The actress reportedly took her dogs for a walk on Christmas Eve, and collapsed upon returning home, her rep told TMZ. She was put on a ventilator after being hospitalized, but never recovered. ... The Hollywood Reporter

and

Gerry Marsden, singer for 1960s British group Gerry and the Pacemakers, dies at 78
The Associated Press 2 hrs ago

LONDON — Gerry Marsden, lead singer of the 1960s British group Gerry and the Pacemakers that had such hits as “Ferry Cross the Mersey” and the song that became the anthem of Liverpool Football Club, “You’ll Never Walk Alone,” has died. He was 78.

His family said that Marsden died Sunday “after a short illness in no way connected with Covid-19" and that his wife, daughters and grandchildren are “devastated.”

His friend Pete Price said on Instagram after speaking to Marsden’s family that the singer died after a short illness related to a heart infection. ... NBC

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2021, 03:59:15 pm »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2021, 04:16:40 pm »
I remember Tanya Roberts from her time on "Charlie's Angels." My friends and I eagerly watched, hoping she'd do what we called a "boobs on car" scene (jumping on the roof of the car of fleeing bad guys, clinging to the windshield trim with her fingers, bosoms threatening to block the driver's view of the road).  :laugh:   Unfortunately, I couldn't find a photo, so there's this:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2021, 04:18:23 pm »
I remember Tanya Roberts from her time on "Charlie's Angels." My friends and I eagerly watched, hoping she'd do what we called a "boobs on car" scene (jumping on the roof of the car of fleeing bad guys, clinging to the windshield trim with her fingers, bosoms threatening to block the driver's view of the road).  :laugh:   Unfortunately, I couldn't find a photo, so there's this:

She had the right look for the eighties. And 65 is starting to hit uncomfortably close to home.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2021, 04:47:17 pm »
Sad to hear about Gerry Marsden. One of our (many) pictures from Mrs. S in CA's and my 2016 cruise to England was of a ferry - very colorfully painted - crossing the Mersey River at Liverpool. Gerry and the Pacemakers did some really nice music.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2021, 11:32:39 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2021, 01:10:21 am »
Publicist now says ‘Bond girl’ Tanya Roberts is alive after all

Online Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2021, 05:15:54 pm »
Former Dodgers HOF manager Lasorda dies at 93

Former Los Angeles Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda has died at the age of 93, the team announced.

He suffered a sudden cardiopulmonary arrest at his home Thursday night and was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead less than an hour later.

Lasorda managed the Dodgers from 1976 to 1996, winning two World Series titles, four National League pennants and eight division crowns. He was named NL Manager of the Year twice and won 1,599 career games.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/30674374/hall-fame-los-angeles-dodgers-manager-tommy-lasorda-dies-93

Ping @EasyAce
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2021, 05:19:21 pm »
One of the legendary figures of MLB, for sure.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2021, 05:22:58 pm »

RIP Mr Lasorda.  You and your mentor Mr. Alston sure gave  a lot of us Astros fans over 30 years of heartburn. happy77

Offline skeeter

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2021, 05:23:36 pm »
RIP my fondest memory of Tommy Lasorda was him stepping out of the dugout at the Stick to take a bow for knocking the Giants out of the playoffs back in the 80s. The crowd responded predictably.

Online Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2021, 06:01:42 pm »
Marion Ramsey, 'Police Academy' star, dies at 73

LOS ANGELES - Marion Ramsey, known for acting in the "Police Academy" films and gracing the Broadway stage in 1978's "Eubie!," died Thursday at her home in Los Angeles. She was 73.

Roger Paul of Roger Paul Inc., the agency that managed Ramsey, confirmed the news to Variety. Ramsey had recently fallen ill, but her exact cause of death is currently undetermined.

Though many may know Ramsey for her role as Officer Laverne Hooks in the "Police Academy" films, her career began much earlier. In 1964, she appeared in "Hello, Dolly!," and in the 1970s she established herself as a theater, film and television talent. On stage, she acted in "Miss Moffat," and on screen she took part in the variety show "Keep On Truckin'" on ABC and held a regular role on "Cos."

But 1984 brought about the role that would mark Ramsey's career success. With the first "Police Academy," Ramsey found a film franchise that would see her through the 1980s. She continued to act in the movies through the sixth installment in 1989, "Police Academy 6: City Under Siege."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/marion-ramsey-police-academy-star-dies-at-73/ar-BB1cAgUN?ocid=uxbndlbing

Online Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2021, 06:03:37 pm »
I saw all the Police Academy movies in the 80s. Mindless fun. RIP Officer (Sargent? ) Hooks
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 06:04:30 pm by Gefn »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2021, 03:06:26 am »

Well Tanya Roberts has died, for the last time, and of all things the cause was apparently not acting on/or a very aggressive? UTI which spread to her kidneys and other organs. How sad is that!
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/05/entertainment/tanya-roberts-obit/index.html

Online mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2021, 12:59:35 pm »
Thanks, GtHawk, I meant to update the Tanya news, but didn't get to it. A sad way to go - I'd never heard of such a thing with a UTI.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2021, 02:51:23 am »
Helen Viola Jackson, last of the "Civil War widows," dies at 101.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,425096.msg1970072.html#new

(At 17, she married a 93-year-old Union vet in hopes of landing a survivor's pension. She failed.)