Author Topic: U.S. Ranks 17th on Human Freedom Index 2020 -- New Zealand is No. 1  (Read 433 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Something to really think about.  You would think that the United States would be listed as #1.  It's only going to get worse under Biden.  Frighteningly worse.

U.S. Ranks 17th on Human Freedom Index 2020 -- New Zealand is No. 1

In their annual report on human freedom in 162 countries worldwide, the Cato Institute and the Fraser Institute report that personal freedom has been on the decline since 2008, and that while New Zealand ranks No. 1 in terms of freedom, the United States and the United Kingdom are both ranked No. 17. The country with the least amount of freedom is Syria, ranked No. 162.

The Human Freedom Index 2020 uses "uses 76 indicators of personal, civil, and economic freedoms to rank 162 countries from 2008 to 2018, the most recent year for which internationally comparable data is available," states Index co-author Ian Vasquez, vice president for international studies at the Cato Institute, a free market-libertarian think tank.

Using those indicators, each country is scored between zero and 10, on personal freedom and economic freedom, with a 10 meaning more freedom. The United States, for instance, earned a score of 8.44, putting it in 17th place. ............

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/international/michael-w-chapman/us-ranks-17th-human-freedom-index-2020-new-zealand-no-1
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: U.S. Ranks 17th on Human Freedom Index 2020 -- New Zealand is No. 1
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 08:14:07 pm »
How many of the countries listed higher can you own an AR-15 in without any special permits or considerations?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 08:56:38 pm »
How many of the countries listed higher can you own an AR-15 in without any special permits or considerations?

What impact the Biden administration will have on that scenario is yet to be seen...I have a guess.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 08:59:04 pm »
What impact the Biden administration will have on that scenario is yet to be seen...I have a guess.
Looking at the parameters for "freedom" like same sex marriage and others, indicates to me that there won't be much effect. It all depends on what is being measured, and I didn't see a reference to the RKBA...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 09:23:44 pm »
We're tied with the UK... who put a guy in prison for teaching his dog to do a Nazi salute.

So, yeah... not impressed with this list.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2020, 10:34:20 pm »
Smokin Joe wrote:
"How many of the countries listed higher can you own an AR-15 in without any special permits or considerations?"

You won't be ownin' one for very much longer, Joe, if things go accordin' to their plans.

And I'll bet that AFTER the leftist/communists 'round up the guns, the "Cato Institute" will rank the USA* even HIGHER on the "Human Freedom Index" than they do now.

* by then, we may no longer be known as the "USA", but either "USSA" or "USSSA"...

(...and having said that, where I live, one cannot buy an AR-15 at all -- that's why I don't have one.)

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2020, 10:35:18 pm »
Smokin Joe wrote:
"How many of the countries listed higher can you own an AR-15 in without any special permits or considerations?"

You won't be ownin' one for very much longer, Joe, if things go accordin' to their plans.

And I'll bet that AFTER the leftist/communists 'round up the guns, the "Cato Institute" will rank the USA* even HIGHER on the "Human Freedom Index" than they do now.

* by then, we may no longer be known as the "USA", but either "USSA" or "USSSA"...

(...and having said that, where I live, one cannot buy an AR-15 at all -- that's why I don't have one.)
I intend to own the things I legally purchased for the rest of my life.

C S Lewis

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 03:18:26 am »
I just checked Trafalgar, and they have the Dem candidates up for both races in the Georgia senate races.  If the Dems sweep Georgia, the USA is over.

Within 100 days, they will make Puerto Rico and Washington DC states.  They may also divide California into five states.  If that happens, we end up with 4 -10 extra Dem senators, and NEVER will there be a Republican elected from these states.  NEVER!

Dems will take assault guns, and maybe all guns.  Once that is completed, they seize your retirement savings, or some portion of it being taxed.

Implement GND and rules for Climate Change that eliminate a good 20-30 million jobs in the USA.

Flood country with refugees and illegals, increase the H1-b Visas significantly to basically destroy the NON ESSENTIAL USA CITIZENS.  That is Biden and Congress' primary mission, to destroy the NON ESSENTIAL USA CITIZENS.

Here is your laugh for today.  It is Stacey Abram's sister who is the judge hearing whether 400,000 folks removed from the voting rolls for having moved away from Georgia are reinstalled.  Now, all these people responded they moved away when queried by the state, and yet this idiot b*&^% is restoring their voting registration.  Don't you just love corruption!!!