Author Topic: 2020 Election: I’m not mad, I’m furious  (Read 2282 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: 2020 Election: I’m not mad, I’m furious
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2020, 04:26:53 am »
Here, here.  Disengage the prevailing "culture" to the extent you can.  I have kids in HS and college, with bills to pay to try to enable their future, so I can't disengage completely.  But I don't have to give the machine my attention, belief, or support.  While I'll never have @roamer1's self-reliance, once my obligations are fulfilled I'll be able to disengage even more.  Entertainment, sports, and social media are worse than a distraction, they're detrimental.

Think for yourself, read things that matter and endure - like the KJV - and recognize that most people do neither; you won't be in a crowd, so be sure you can manage solitude, physical and conceptual.

From time to time you might find that people seek your counsel; give it honestly and gently, and never apologize for the truth.

Right back atcha @HoustonSam ... Self-reliance comes in many different ways. It ain't got to be mine.

But after years with my nose on that grindstone... decades playing games with the Big Show... That first big swig of raw truth was so cold and refreshing after so many years of lukewarm promises... I can't help but chug it down... Never sated.

Turns out the money doesn't matter. It's just a way of keeping score. And it turns out politics are a poor refrigerator if you are worried for the milk spoiling.

The things that matter to me now are only those that are true. Impeccably true. Because that is where life and living are to be found. And it is as simple as your hands in the dirt. The sheer honesty of building a cabin, mostly without machines.

And that KJV in your head to ponder on. You can peel that Book like an onion - Dissect it endlessly... Yah says you are welcome to test it all you want... And the next time through you will find still more. And again.  And then suddenly you find yourself among others of your kind... looong talks on the porch over sweet tea and apple crisp... Deep into the night over pizza... Deep deep conversation about things that matter... I treasure every one of those.

And simple joyful gatherings and wholesome activities. Pressures are *gone*. Go to your friend's place and take a sit in a sweat lodge. Take a walk on snowshoes through the birches looking for chaga. come over a ridge to look out upon a vast vista - range after range, so beautiful it makes your throat ache.

Catch a big trout on a hobo handline. take your leave in the evening in a rocking chair and a good dog at your feet. Piss off your own dang porch.

I wonder why it was I went running after all that when it never ever gave me peace.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline dancer

« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2020, 11:02:25 am »
Does "lock 'n load and don't retreat" fit in with not giving a schlitz?
They're not leaving us much alternative but to L&L.  The question is, do we take back our nation or do we leave it for our kids to deal with.  It's time for us to unite and stand up.  Ignoring it got us into this mess.  It's now or never.  Will they be Patriots or cower until dead?

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2020, 01:41:29 pm »
Politically, in the halls of power, that seems to be the case.

One side has not taken to the field otherwise, and I would not underestimate the ability to deal with tactical situations well. Just that there is no no one in the political end who can be relied upon.

You're not wrong about that, but it isn't just the halls of power, is it.  Conservatives believe in the rule of law while liberals believe in the rule of the mob.  Case in point: Business and cities were boarded up prior the election in anticipation of riots, and yet despite large piles of evidence of fraud there were no riots. Meanwhile, here in Louisville, we are still dealing with Breonna Taylor protests nearly every night.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2020, 07:06:04 pm »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2020, 07:12:26 pm »
They're not leaving us much alternative but to L&L.  The question is, do we take back our nation or do we leave it for our kids to deal with.  It's time for us to unite and stand up.  Ignoring it got us into this mess.  It's now or never.  Will they be Patriots or cower until dead?

I've been advocating for awhile that we need to stand up NOW.  Our kids and grandkids won't have a country left if we don't.

We will never win again at the ballot box....and a new party formed....not just replacing the GOP.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2020, 07:15:13 pm »

Amen .... I haven't looked up prices, but can you even get an AR15 these days for $600?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.