Author Topic: House overrides Trump veto of defense bill  (Read 265 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House overrides Trump veto of defense bill
« on: December 29, 2020, 12:10:57 am »
House overrides Trump veto of defense bill
By Rebecca Kheel - 12/28/20 06:53 PM EST

More than two-thirds of the House voted Monday to override President Trump’s veto of a must-pass defense policy bill, the first successful override vote of Trump’s presidency.

The vote is ongoing, but a sufficient number of lawmakers have voted to send the action to the Senate, which also needs to muster two-thirds support in order for Trump’s veto of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) to be overridden.

The NDAA passed both chambers of Congress earlier this month with large bipartisan majorities, but it was unclear exactly how many Republicans would buck the president when it came to the override vote.

Ahead of the vote, Rep. Mac Thornberry (R-Texas), the ranking member of the House Armed Services Committee, urged his colleagues to vote for “the exact same bill” they did before, emphasizing that “not a comma has changed.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/531826-house-overrides-trump-veto-of-defense-bill
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: House overrides Trump veto of defense bill
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 02:39:48 pm »
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Weak and tired Republican “leadership” will allow the bad Defense Bill to pass. Say goodbye to VITAL Section 230 termination, your National Monuments, Forts (names!) and Treasures (inserted by Elizabeth “Pocahontas” Warren), 5G, and our great soldiers....

....being removed and brought home from foreign lands who do NOTHING for us. A disgraceful act of cowardice and total submission by weak people to Big Tech. Negotiate a better Bill, or get better leaders, NOW! Senate should not approve NDAA until fixed!!!

8:45 AM · Dec 29, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1343915971480842240

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 04:57:17 pm »
Rep Andy Biggs
@RepAndyBiggsAZ

Today, I voted to defend President @realDonaldTrump's veto of the NDAA because it serves foreign interests, not American interests.

President Trump has always been a staunch advocate of our troops, and sadly, this bill does not prioritize them or our nation's future.

Video:

https://twitter.com/RepAndyBiggsAZ/status/1343707966533496839

6:58 PM · Dec 28, 2020·TweetDeck

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 04:57:43 pm »
Rep. Matt Gaetz
@RepMattGaetz

The NDAA was hijacked by the forever war lobby and their bought and paid for allies in the United States Congress.

President @realDonaldTrump took a principled stand against this unprincipled legislation by vetoing it.

Video:

https://twitter.com/RepMattGaetz/status/1343679093850701825

5:03 PM · Dec 28, 2020·Twitter Media Studio

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 05:07:02 pm »
"A disgraceful act of cowardice" I think sums up the description of the majority in our Houses of Congress, our DOJ and our SCOTUS!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.