Author Topic: Today's Toons 12/28/20  (Read 4580 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 12/28/20
« on: December 28, 2020, 11:15:56 am »
Click below for Tony's toons:

Click below for related story:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letters C & L:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

The L.A. County Health Department revoked the license of a San Fernando Valley sports bar that opened for outside dining in protest of the shutdown. Hundreds of supporters showed up to eat Wednesday. Only in 2020 can you get arrested for opening your business but not for looting one.

Joe Biden horribly mispronounced the name of his Health and Human Services choice Xavier Becerra Wednesday. He then misidentified his position as Secretary of Health and Education Services. Joe Biden's dreamed all his life of becoming president, it's a shame he's not here to enjoy it.

Hunter Biden's IRS probe includes the fortune he raked in from foreign firms while Papa Joe was vice president. You can't make it up. Joe Biden could get impeached over Biden family graft in Ukraine a year after President Trump was impeached for asking about Biden family graft in Ukraine.

Governor Gavin Newsom faces a recall petition effort to remove him from office by California citizens furious over his actions. His sensibilities are nothing if not urbane. Leave it to a governor from San Francisco to shut down all Alcoholics Anonymous meetings but leave the liquor stores open.

Hunter Biden is under Justice Department probe over his financial windfalls in Beijing and in Ukraine in broad daylight while his dad was VP. It's all documented on his subpoenaed laptop. I won't say that Hunter Biden was on the take from China but his Secret Service code name is Dim Son.

PETA is targeting coconut milk that's harvested using monkey labor in Thailand. While at the grocery store in Los Angeles Sunday, I saw a label on a carton of eggs stating, the eggs in this box have been laid by hens who are allowed to roam freely. Never thought I'd be jealous of a chicken.

Joe Biden told a reporter asking about Hunter's FBI probe that his son is now getting his life together. His laptop exposes his drinking, drugging and Biden family deals. If Hunter Biden gets his father impeached, he could wind up with the funniest speech in the history of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Congressman Eric Swalwell is in the hot seat over a past sexual relationship with the beautiful Chinese spy Fang Fang. What a trap. Eric met Fang Fang the way you would meet any beautiful Chinese girl in California, by exchanging insurance information with her at the scene of the accident.

The New York Times says the Cleveland Indians agreed to change their team's name Monday after years of pressure on Cleveland from tribal activists. Native groups insist the name is insulting, stigmatizing and culturally humiliating. Everyone's happy with the new name, The Lake Erie Indians.

The Electoral College met Monday as required by the Constitution and the Electors faithfully reflected votes tallied in their states and elected Joe Biden the next President of the United States. Afterwards, Biden gave what I thought was a fitting speech. It looked and sounded like he mailed it in.

The Weather Channel tracked the first major winter snowstorm heading across the country all this week. The Eastern Seaboard is forecast to receive 18-24 inches of snow on Friday. However, they are all Democratic states, so these numbers could change overnight.

Joe Biden flew to Georgia to campaign for Democrat Senate candidates in the run-off election in early January. He's still wearing the ankle cast that he's had to wear ever since he broke his foot at home the weekend after the election. Joe tripped over a box of Trump ballots in the basement.

MLB announced Tuesday that it will recognize all the batting and pitching records of players in the old Negro League. The same day, the sport announced another huge change in the name of social progress. Starting next season, Major League Baseball welcomes the Cleveland Liz Warrens.

Tom Cruise was caught on tape obscenely lashing his film crew for standing too close together and not following the Covid rules as ordered by the government. He used his position to be abusive and authoritarian. If taken to court, Cruise could get four-to-eight years as the governor of California.

Joe Biden went on Steven Colbert Wednesday and said his son Hunter is the smartest man he ever knew, and is doing well now. Joe and Jill must be careful at home to avoid triggers early in his recovery. Whenever the Bidens order in Chinese, Hunter says he needs ten million dollars right away.

Los Angeles officials banned Nativity Scene displays in parks this Christmas. This year our church Sunday school in Beverly Hills teaches kids that Joseph and Mary were unable to make a conference call after the innkeeper in Bethlehem turned them away. There was no Zoom at the inn.

-- Argus Hamilton

(Thank you, Sighlass)

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Re: Today's Toons 12/28/20
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 12:47:44 pm »
Thanks for always posting these!
For all you've given Lord, I stand amazed.
Salvation covers me, forever changed!
In all I could not be, You met every need!
My sin, my broken life, Your cross, Your sacrifice
My hopelessness, my shame, Your faithfulness,  Your grace
The greatest mystery, Your awesome love for me.

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 01:12:24 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.
(Any chance we could bring back the NSFW warnings?)
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline pookie18

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 01:23:57 pm »
Thanks for always posting these!

You're welcome, debrawiest!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 01:25:09 pm »
Thanks, Pookie.

My pleasure, Polly Ticks! Will try to remember for the occasional Day By Day...

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 01:33:53 pm »

Thank you, sir!  I appreciate all your efforts to bring us the daily thread.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 03:59:25 pm »

Thanks for the Moon's Daeg Toons, Pookie!!

You could always put a link to the day-by-day toons, and label them "Sam's (or Skye's) naked again!"  I'd click that puppy in a heartbeat!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline pookie18

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 05:45:15 pm »
Thanks for the Moon's Daeg Toons, Pookie!!

You could always put a link to the day-by-day toons, and label them "Sam's (or Skye's) naked again!"  I'd click that puppy in a heartbeat!

You're welcome, as always, CL! I don't know the characters that well ;-)

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 05:48:59 pm »
You're welcome, as always, CL! I don't know the characters that well ;-)
Sam's the red head, and Skye is the well-meaning liberal who has black hair and a huge sleeve tat.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline pookie18

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2020, 05:52:12 pm »
Sam's the red head, and Skye is the well-meaning liberal who has black hair and a huge sleeve tat.

So, I guess that was Sam's image in the 3rd Day By Day image today...

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2020, 06:04:37 pm »
So, I guess that was Sam's image in the 3rd Day By Day image today...

Yes, she's rarely fully clothed...lol.
I will NOT comply.

Offline ricebug

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2020, 06:15:08 pm »
G'day, Pookie!!

Offline verga

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2020, 06:20:52 pm »
Thank you Pookie
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline pookie18

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2020, 06:21:12 pm »

Offline pookie18

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2020, 06:21:42 pm »
Thank you Pookie

My pleasure, as ever, Verga!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2020, 08:33:04 am »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline pookie18

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2020, 11:08:06 am »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, Smokin Joe!

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2020, 07:52:05 pm »
Quote from: Polly Ticks on December 28, 2020, 08:12:24 AM
Thanks, Pookie.

Another way it could be done would be to post the more risque Day By Day cartoons down in the replies, with a NSFW warning above it.
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Offline pookie18

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2020, 07:58:30 pm »
Quote from: Polly Ticks on December 28, 2020, 08:12:24 AM
Thanks, Pookie.

Another way it could be done would be to post the more risque Day By Day cartoons down in the replies, with a NSFW warning above it.

I think I'll just have a link to the image with the "warning"...tx