Author Topic: Trump signs COVID-19 relief bill with $600 stimulus checks  (Read 726 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump signs COVID-19 relief bill with $600 stimulus checks
« on: December 28, 2020, 01:41:34 am »
 Trump signs COVID-19 relief bill with $600 stimulus checks

By Steven Nelson

December 27, 2020 | 8:11pm | Updated

President Trump on Sunday signed a $2.3 trillion COVID-19 relief and government funding bill that includes $600 stimulus checks for most Americans.

The nearly 5,600-page bill passed the House and Senate by overwhelming margins on Monday night, just hours after its text was released.

The bill authorizes direct checks of $600 for people earning up to $75,000 per year. The amount decreases for higher earners and people who make over $95,000 get nothing.

There’s an additional $600 per child stimulus payment.

In a statement, Trump said that Congress on Monday would vote on a separate bill to “increase payments to individuals from $600 to $2,000.”

The bill creates a new $300 weekly unemployment supplement and replenishes a forgivable loan program for small businesses. It also creates new criminal penalties including prison time for violating copyright laws with online streaming.

Because the bill mashed together COVID-19 relief with ordinary government spending legislation, some social media users urged Trump to veto the bill, pointing to its billions in foreign aid and legislator pet projects.

https://nypost.com/2020/12/27/trump-signs-covid-19-relief-bill-with-600-stimulus-checks/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Trump signs COVID-19 relief bill with $600 stimulus checks
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 01:46:23 am »
Trump signs Covid relief and government funding bill days after he suggested he would block it
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/28/trump-signs-covid-relief-and-government-funding-bill-days-after-suggesting-hed-block-it.html
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 01:52:32 am »
Then why all of the DRAMA!!!!!!!

9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000 9999hair out0000
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 01:52:56 am »
Trump signs Covid relief and government funding bill days after he suggested he would block it
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/28/trump-signs-covid-relief-and-government-funding-bill-days-after-suggesting-hed-block-it.html

Trump caved.  I'm done.  I no longer give two shits who wins the election now, he's just as bad as Biden.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 01:58:53 am »
In a statement, Trump said that Congress on Monday would vote on a separate bill to “increase payments to individuals from $600 to $2,000.”

The bill creates a new $300 weekly unemployment supplement and replenishes a forgivable loan program for small businesses. It also creates new criminal penalties including prison time for violating copyright laws with online streaming.

There is a new Bill tomorrow to increase the 600 to 2000....
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 02:07:32 am »
There is a new Bill tomorrow to increase the 600 to 2000....

Doesn't matter.   He signed off on Trillions of pork, most of it to foreign countries.  He caved completely.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 02:32:32 am »
President Trump released a statement announcing his decision to sign the relief bill in which he said, “I will never give up my fight for the American people”:

As President of the United States it is my responsibility to protect the people of our country from the economic devastation and hardship that was caused by the China Virus. I understand that many small businesses have been forced to close as a result of harsh actions by Democrat-run states. Many people are back to work, but my job is not done until everyone is back to work. Fortunately, as a result of my work with Congress in passing the CARES Act earlier this year, we avoided another Great Depression. Under my leadership, Project Warp Speed has been a tremendous success, my Administration and I developed a vaccine many years ahead of wildest expectations, and we are distributing these vaccines, and others soon coming, to millions of people. As President, I have told Congress that I want far less wasteful spending and more money going to the American people in the form of $2,000 checks per adult and $600 per child. As President I am demanding many rescissions under the Impoundment Control Act of 1974. The Act provides that, “whenever the President determines that all or part of any budget authority will not be required to carry out the full objectives or scope of programs for which it is provided, or that such budget authority should be rescinded for fiscal policy or other reasons (including termination of authorized projects or activities for which budget authority has been provided), the President shall transmit to both Houses of Congress a special message” describing the amount to be reserved, the relevant accounts, the reasons for the rescission, and the economic effects of the rescission. 2 U.S.C. § 683. I will sign the Omnibus and Covid package with a strong message that makes clear to Congress that wasteful items need to be removed. I will send back to Congress a redlined version, item by item, accompanied by the formal rescission request to Congress insisting that those funds be removed from the bill. I am signing this bill to restore unemployment benefits, stop evictions, provide rental assistance, add money for PPP, return our airline workers back to work, add substantially more money for vaccine distribution, and much more. On Monday the House will vote to increase payments to individuals from $600 to $2,000. Therefore, a family of four would receive $5,200. Additionally, Congress has promised that Section 230, which so unfairly benefits Big Tech at the expense of the American people, will be reviewed and either be terminated or substantially reformed. Likewise, the House and Senate have agreed to focus strongly on the very substantial voter fraud which took place in the November 3 Presidential election. The Senate will start the process for a vote that increases checks to $2,000, repeals Section 230, and starts an investigation into voter fraud. Big Tech must not get protections of Section 230! Voter Fraud must be fixed! Much more money is coming. I will never give up my fight for the American people!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 02:34:11 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 02:38:03 am »
BS.  Any attempt to impound the funds will be tossed out of court, and all ends on 1/20 anyway.

I'm tired of politicians pissing on me and telling me it's raining.  I've been standing behind him all the way concerning the election theft, it hasn't been easy, but now I'm through.  Signs and flags are coming down tomorrow, and I'm putting the Gadsden back up.
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 02:49:51 am »
He caved AND he is full of schlitz.  This isnt the first time he has backpedaled.

He is supposed to he holding a rally in GA....right....thats not going to help...not in the least.

The GOP is done.

A lot of my unanswered questions and uncertainty about Trump just became crystal clear.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2020, 02:56:11 am »
He caved AND he is full of schlitz.  This isnt the first time he has backpedaled.

He is supposed to he holding a rally in GA....right....thats not going to help...not in the least.

The GOP is done.

A lot of my unanswered questions and uncertainty about Trump just became crystal clear.

He's been lying to us all along.  I'm pissed at myself for standing up for him, but no more.
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2020, 03:01:03 am »
Had he vetoed it, I hear, Congress had the votes to override (not that's it is a reason not to veto).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2020, 03:02:55 am »
How. Utterly. Disgusting.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2020, 03:04:27 am »
He's been lying to us all along.  I'm pissed at myself for standing up for him, but no more

I stood up for him at times as well.  I thought he was a patriot...

No point in rehashing the past...time to figure out how conservatives can move forward....I trust no one in Congress...including Cruz...he was willing to defend him!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2020, 03:05:20 am »
Had he vetoed it, I hear, Congress had the votes to override (not that's it is a reason not to veto).

They did, but he could have pocket vetoed it.  Instead he betrayed his tens of millions supporters who were ready to take to the streets about the stolen election.

I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2020, 03:06:31 am »
I stood up for him at times as well.  I thought he was a patriot...

No point in rehashing the past...time to figure out how conservatives can move forward....I trust no one in Congress...including Cruz...he was willing to defend him!

I don't see a way forward.  It's every man for himself now.  That's why my Avatar has gone dark.
I will NOT comply.

Online libertybele

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2020, 03:52:54 am »
I don't see a way forward.  It's every man for himself now.  That's why my Avatar has gone dark.
[/quote

There has to be a way forward...certainly not using the ballot box and the GOP is dead.

Offline DB

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2020, 04:26:15 am »
Just to be clear that bill is authorizing spending of a little under $6,000 for every man woman and child in the country.

That's an insane amount of money.

Out of thin air.

Prices of everything is going to accelerate higher yet again.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2020, 05:33:08 am »
Just to be clear that bill is authorizing spending of a little under $6,000 for every man woman and child in the country.

That's an insane amount of money.

Out of thin air.

Prices of everything is going to accelerate higher yet again.

Hey. What's a few trillion between friends, eh?  happy77

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2020, 07:49:03 am »
Some of you may recall early on in the Chinese flu pandemic, I said the flu was being used as a political tool, EARLY ON.  The Chinese now declare to the world that the Co-vid 19 effects give them the right to total world rule/domination.  Good golly almighty, the Chinese think they can milk this Chinese invention as good as the democrats!  Well they have been in bed together against us for a long time now.  Seems like our democrats can't figure out if they want to betray us to the Chinese or the Russians the most?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 07:50:51 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2020, 08:18:52 am »
Trump caved.  I'm done.  I no longer give two shits who wins the election now, he's just as bad as Biden.

@Cyber Liberty

He was damned if he did,and damned if he didn't.

Too many people allow political dogma to run their lives. In an ideal world,there would be no relief package,but we don't live in an ideal world. We live in a world where the international bankers arranged for a senile old fool and life-long con artist to be elected President,and to do that it was necessary to destroy our economy and put people out of work.

Which,of course,meant people would be losing the life savings,their homes,their cars,and pretty much everything they had,despite doing their best to keep things together.

Face it,America and Americans became accustomed to living beyond their means starting back in the 1950's,when the idea was pushed that no matter how well things are going today,they will be better tomorrow.

Banks did their part with easy loan standards,and so did large manufacturers like GM,Ford,etc,etc,etc.

Want to buy a new house with no money down? No problem,just sign right here.

After a couple of decades of this,it became so accepted it wasn't even questioned by most people.

Whose fault is this?

The answer,of course,is the governments,the manufacturers,and where the rubber REALLY meets the road,is thee and me.  Regular working people bought into the dream,and never looked back.

And,as with all other things too good to be true,one day it had to come to an end.

I am one of the lucky ones,in that I have a comfortable retirement because I don't live beyond my means due to having lived in poverty for a decade or more when I was younger. I literally lived in a panel truck parked in the woods or in friends back yards for a few years.

This made an impression on me,and when I finally did get my "act together" physically,I never spend more than I could afford on anything.  I paid 12 grand for the house I have been living in since 1990,and put it on a $11,000 13 acre lot I bought in a rural area with low taxes. Yeah,it was a repossessed mobile home,and only 1200 square feet. So what? It's shelter from the storm,and I had the loan I had to take to buy the it,the land it sits on,the site prep,the septic tank,the well,and the repairs as well as the set up money paid off in 10 years. This includes the money I borrowed on it to set up a 60x24 foot work shop,wire it,and plumb it for running hot water. Hell,I even had money left over to buy some tools I needed to work on my antique cars.

Also,I quit smoking,drinking,doing drugs,and partying in general around 1980. No money wasted being "Good time Joe".

And truthfully,I honestly don't feel like I have missed out on much. None of anything I own is particularly fancy,but with the exception of my 2016 4x4 Silverado crew cab pu,it's ALL paid for,and that can leave the yard tomorrow if it becomes necessary because my 2006 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 diesel extended cab pu IS paid for and there is not a damn thing wrong with it.

All this was more due to accident than by design. It didn't have a damn thing to do with being clever. I am sure that I had been healthy or had family backing that I would be as buried in unnecessary debt as most people. 

Which is why I have sympathy for the people who are now caught in a bind when the economy bombed without notice,and the actions of the DNC and the RINO's kept it from recovering..

Face it,the $600 or $2000 checks from the government are going to save lives as well as keep families from breaking up and people from becoming homeless due to no real fault of their own. If you want to blame anyone,blame the Dims and the RINO's who created this crisis for their own personal benefits.

AND......,those bozos had damn sure better wake up because by now they have finally awakened a sleeping monster that will come to eat them if they don't do something to restore the economy. IF they are foolish enough to keep doing what they have been doing,there WILL be a violent revolution beginning within a year or so,and the first people to die in revolutions are the political leaders that caused them to happen.

This means they need to IMMEDIATELY stop the export of all our manufacturing jobs to their Chinese paymasters. Providing of course that it isn't so late  it won't make any difference.

Someone also needs to remind them that in the modern world,you can run,but you really can't hide anymore. I have no problem whatsoever visualizing vigilantes setting out independently to track down Pelosi,Mitch the Bitch,etc,etc,etc. When you make people desperate because your actions have caused them to lose their jobs,their homes,and their families,bad things WILL happen to you.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 08:23:57 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!