Author Topic: Trump..Good news on Covid Relief Bill. Information to follow!  (Read 4395 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Trump..Good news on Covid Relief Bill. Information to follow!
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2020, 09:39:29 am »
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak
@Right_in_Virginia

What a crock of fecal matter!

Like buzzards circling a dying mammal...soon as the 'Boss' and the #1 Moderator throw up the white flag, the Usual Suspects come out from under their rocks to mimic monkeys to throw their shit.  Even members who've been 'invisible' rush to their keyboards.

WTF did you expect him to do??  Let the federal government shut down?   Just the kind of "optics" the media need at this time while he's trying to give his 75M voters the victory they earned on November 3rd.

He's already gone on record stating that he's not happy with the Bill...that he wants the waste deleted and instead provide more $$$ relief for struggling Americans, etc..

I'm pissed off too but I'm not about to blame President Trump for this.

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves....but I know you aren't.  Instead, you wear it like some kind of Badge of Honor.

Your big chance to claim the moral high ground with your anti-Trump "I told you what he was but you wouldn't listen", etc..

Go to hell... All of you!

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2020, 01:14:47 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak
@Right_in_Virginia

WTF did you expect him to do??  Let the federal government shut down?

@DCPatriot

I don't know about the posters you named,but I suspect there were a LOT of people that are mindless self-styled "purists" that wanted the government shut down for "political purity" reasons. Never mind all the lives that would be destoryed due to no fault of their own,or the FACT that it would be a HUGE help for the globalists in their effort to take over total control.

Some people get so wrapped up in "emotional purity" they lose all sense of right and wrong. They want what they want,dammit,and no amount of reason is going to influence them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2020, 01:54:11 pm »
They were going to pass it whether he signed it or not. So at least he is trying to modify it. Passing it with nothing for the average Joe would have been worse.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2020, 02:07:21 pm »
This is what I am mad about..if this isn't true please provide a link.

Peter King

"He is entirely wrong on this," Rep. King said.  "When he said 'the bill is a disgrace', that was his bill.  Every item he criticized, his administration specifically asked for."
As for the president coming out in support of increasing stimulus payments to U.S. citizens, King blasted his recommendation.

"It was the Trump administration that insisted on $600 payments, not the $2,000 payments,"  King said.  "What the president said the other night was totally untrue."

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/rep-peter-king-blasts-trump-over-coronavirus-aid-complaints
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2020, 02:09:49 pm »
@DCPatriot

I expected him not to throw the tens of millions of people still supporting him through the fraud election under the bus.  He gave Pelosi everything she asked for in that bill.  He's not going to impound one red cent, the courts will see to that, and he knows it.

We've been had.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2020, 02:19:32 pm »
They were going to pass it whether he signed it or not. So at least he is trying to modify it. Passing it with nothing for the average Joe would have been worse.

You would THINK people wrapped up in politics MIGHT have taken note of that themselves,wouldn't you?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2020, 02:23:07 pm »
@DCPatriot

I expected him not to throw the tens of millions of people still supporting him through the fraud election under the bus.  He's not going to impound one red cent, the courts will see to that, and he knows it.He gave Pelosi everything she asked for in that bill. 

@Cyber Liberty

What were his practical options,given both the current job and political situation?

BTW,just because Pelosi supported it,does that automatically mean it was wrong?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2020, 02:24:13 pm »
You would THINK people wrapped up in politics MIGHT have taken note of that themselves,wouldn't you?

Sure I take note.  I also note that illegal aliens will get triple the crumbs than the rest of us get.  Personally, I will get the same as the last stimulus:  Zero. 

I have no skin in this game.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2020, 02:28:00 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

What were his practical options,given both the current job and political situation?

BTW,just because Pelosi supported it,does that automatically mean it was wrong?

He could have pocket vetoed it, or vetoed it outright.

No, Pelosi's involvement doesn't automatically make it "wrong."  What makes it wrong was the hundreds of Billions, a Trillion or so, actually, going to foreign countries and had nothing to do with COVID.  Why did Egypt deserve so much?  So they could enrich Russia buying arms from them?
I will NOT comply.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2020, 03:49:14 pm »
WTF did you expect him to do??  Let the federal government shut down?

Nah. He ain't got the balls for that. But he sure as hell could have stepped away with a veto and let the sombiches pass it without his name on it. But he ain't got the brains for that.

Just the kind of "optics" the media need at this time while he's trying to give his 75M voters the victory they earned on November 3rd.

The fiscally conservative kind of optics... But no doubt you'd declare him the most conservative person EVAH, so this little bit don't count...

He's already gone on record stating that he's not happy with the Bill...that he wants the waste deleted and instead provide more $$$ relief for struggling Americans, etc..

Who cares about a trillion or two between friends. Am I right?

You've never blamed him for a damn thing, so...  :whistle:

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves....but I know you aren't.  Instead, you wear it like some kind of Badge of Honor.

I am supposed to be ashamed for standing for what I believe in - Directly upon the principles YOU purport to uphold? Splain that one to me Lucy...

Your big chance to claim the moral high ground with your anti-Trump "I told you what he was but you wouldn't listen", etc..

LOL! There are literally hundreds of 'I told you sos' At some point I just quit worrying about em, as fellas like you would clamp your hands over your ears, stomp your feet and scream 'I can't hear you' over and over and OVER again.

Believe me - I know you can't hear me by now.

Can we round up a little bit and call it TWENTY FRIGGIN TRILLION DOLLARS now?
I told you so...  :yowsa:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 03:51:00 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2020, 03:50:15 pm »
@catfish1957

I am genuinely surprised you are one of the people having a hissy-fit about Trump wanting to give  grand to families in need. How much have these same middle-class families given to support foreign aid and welfare in the form of income taxes paid over the years?

Now that the Dims and the RINO's working together managed to destroy the economy,you and so many others are going to have a hissy-fit over the people who have paid the taxes to support the government all these years get checks to help them keep their lives together due to the actions of the professional class of criminals we call politicians?

@sneakypete

Just call me Eb Scrooge Pete. I know I might sound uncaring, but I view any additional increase in government spending as an instrument  of financial ruin for this country.  Add the fact, that this is all being coordinated by the biggest pack of crooks and slugs ever?

Cold as it might sound, me and plenty of others are tired of funding the entitlement slugs.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2020, 04:21:19 pm »
He could have pocket vetoed it, or vetoed it outright.

@Cyber Liberty

Yeah,and not only caused tens of thousands of people to lose their homes and cars,but also lose any chance at all of ever being elected again.

TRY to get this in your thick head. DOGMA is NOT Gospel. Sometimes you MUST spend money you don't want to spend.

What makes it wrong was the hundreds of Billions, a Trillion or so, actually, going to foreign countries and had nothing to do with COVID

I have no problem with that,but the way the budget is presented to the President,he signs off on all of it,or none of it. If you want to blame someone,blame the power politicians that inserted those items in the budget bill,KNOWING Trump had no real choice but to sign it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2020, 04:24:33 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Yeah,and not only caused tens of thousands of people to lose their homes and cars,but also lose any chance at all of ever being elected again.

TRY to get this in your thick head. DOGMA is NOT Gospel. Sometimes you MUST spend money you don't want to spend.

I have no problem with that,but the way the budget is presented to the President,he signs off on all of it,or none of it. If you want to blame someone,blame the power politicians that inserted those items in the budget bill,KNOWING Trump had no real choice but to sign it.

@sneakypete We'll have to agree to disagree.   I know that he just peeled off millions of his own supporters that want to "Stop the Steal."  Why go to bat for Pelosi's puppet?
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2020, 04:24:48 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Sometimes you MUST spend money you don't want to spend.

What money?  This country is $29T in debt, and blithering idiots are holding the pen to a blank check book. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2020, 04:32:23 pm »
What money?  This country is $29T in debt, and blithering idiots are holding the pen to a blank check book.

@catfish1957

Yeah,what the hell? Why not allow hundreds of thousands of Americans to lose their homes and their cars in the dead of winter,or get evicted from their rental homes when you have a political principle you are ready to climb a hill and die for?

These are REAL people with REAL families,and no President gets to pick and choose which gets cut and which goes forward for signing. Congress does that,and the Presidents take the blame.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2020, 04:32:27 pm »
  I know that he just peeled off millions of his own supporters that want to "Stop the Steal."  Why go to bat for Pelosi's puppet?

The COVID relief bill switcheroo is the most puzzling and bizarre thing Trump has done.  Every patriot he told to hold strong the past few months has got to feel betrayed.  In the end, it looks like Trump had the message, but was not the leader needed to at least take this fight down to a January capitol hill showdown. 

It will be interesting   to hear how this comes across with the conservative pundits today.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2020, 04:35:14 pm »
@catfish1957

Yeah,what the hell? Why not allow hundreds of thousands of Americans to lose their homes and their cars in the dead of winter,or get evicted from their rental homes when you have a political principle you are ready to climb a hill and die for?

These are REAL people with REAL families,and no President gets to pick and choose which gets cut and which goes forward for signing. Congress does that,and the Presidents take the blame.

Well my POV sees it a little different.  At what point does this house of cards economy implodes into a disaster, because our government has zero fiscal restraint?  What happens to all those folks who have homes, cars, etc. etc. then?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2020, 04:40:43 pm »
Well my POV sees it a little different.  At what point does this house of cards economy implodes into a disaster, because our government has zero fiscal restraint?  What happens to all those folks who have homes, cars, etc. etc. then?

@catfish1957

You are comparing something that MIGHT happen in the future,to something that WILL happen this winter.

Never been homeless and hungry,have you? All your potential future problems become meaningless.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2020, 05:05:27 pm »
@catfish1957

You are comparing something that MIGHT happen in the future,to something that WILL happen this winter.

Never been homeless and hungry,have you? All your potential future problems become meaningless.
if we need someone to blame, blame the statists who foisted this Covid BS on society simply to enhance their own power & authority. Don’t blame those who have been trying to get past it.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2020, 05:07:10 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
@mystery-ak
@Right_in_Virginia

What a crock of fecal matter!

Like buzzards circling a dying mammal...soon as the 'Boss' and the #1 Moderator throw up the white flag, the Usual Suspects come out from under their rocks to mimic monkeys to throw their shit.  Even members who've been 'invisible' rush to their keyboards.

WTF did you expect him to do??  Let the federal government shut down?   Just the kind of "optics" the media need at this time while he's trying to give his 75M voters the victory they earned on November 3rd.

Sorry I missed all this last night @DCPatriot  --- we actually had dinner with other humans  happy77

McConnell and McCarthy sent POTUS a veto proof bill with the imminent threat of a government shutdown tomorrow (the 29th) ---

If I understand correctly, the President wants four things:  $2,000 checks for Americans, repeal of Section 230 so Big Tech is on a legal hook for censorship, a commission to investigate voter fraud and remedies, and a revote on the foreign aid.

If the GOP was worth its weight in shit, they'd grab this opportunity with both hands and use the  rescissions to push for everything they have said they wanted:  to help Americans, to end the blanket censorship by Big Tech, to prevent voter fraud in the future and eliminate wasteful spending, line by line.

McConnell gave the President one choice:  Sign this or we'll blow it up your ass and override your useless veto and leave it to democrats to clean up the economic chaos the shutdown will promote.  The President sent it back with a note to McConnell:  "Check whose ass is holding the fuse now".

The real question from this exercise is not why the President did what he did.  The real question is:  Why did the GOP force this choice on their President --- and how the hell do we hold them accountable, really accountable and light that damn fuse?

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 05:11:22 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2020, 05:07:52 pm »
@catfish1957

What happened to the self sufficient Pete I used to know?
I will NOT comply.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2020, 05:17:32 pm »
if we need someone to blame, blame the statists who foisted this Covid BS on society simply to enhance their own power & authority. Don’t blame those who have been trying to get past it.

@skeeter

Globalists.

Globalism is the new International Communism.

Same international slavery,more glamorous name.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 05:25:20 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2020, 05:26:35 pm »
The President didn't have to sign the Bill.  Now his name is at the bottom of the law, and it pisses people off who have been supporting the Stop the Steal movement.  It's a lose-lose move.  Very disappointing.

@Right_in_Virginia
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2020, 05:28:13 pm »
The President didn't have to sign the Bill.  Now his name is at the bottom of the law, and it pisses people off who have been supporting the Stop the Steal movement.  It's a lose-lose move.  Very disappointing.

@Right_in_Virginia

Relax @Cyber Liberty  -- It's never over with any POTUS action until he says it is.

Now put back your damn avatar, whatever the hell it was.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2020, 05:29:34 pm »
Sorry I missed all this last night @DCPatriot  --- we actually had dinner with other humans  happy77

McConnell and McCarthy sent POTUS a veto proof bill with the imminent threat of a government shutdown tomorrow (the 29th) ---

If I understand correctly, the President wants four things:  $2,000 checks for Americans, repeal of Section 230 so Big Tech is on a legal hook for censorship, a commission to investigate voter fraud and remedies, and a revote on the foreign aid.

If the GOP was worth its weight in shit, they'd grab this opportunity with both hands and use the  rescissions to push for everything they have said they wanted:  to help Americans, to end the blanket censorship by Big Tech, to prevent voter fraud in the future and eliminate wasteful spending, line by line.

McConnell gave the President one choice:  Sign this or we'll blow it up your ass and override your useless veto and leave it to democrats to clean up the economic chaos the shutdown will promote.  The President sent it back with a note to McConnell:  "Check whose ass is holding the fuse now".

The real question from this exercise is not why the President did what he did.  The real question is:  Why did the GOP force this choice on their President --- and how the hell do we hold them accountable, really accountable and light that damn fuse?

Ok, question.   Is this all just speculation on your part.... or do you have inside knowledge that this is actually what happened.   Everyone is looking for someone to blame here and Lord knows I detest Bitch McConnell.   It sounds plausible to me.    :shrug:
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.